NEWS

warhawk. underrated?

• 82 Replies

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #75 on: <05-05-13/0518:47> »
Conceal? No, I actually thought about this one a while ago and decided to put it into shadowrun. It's essentially taking a left at weapons developement and making a revolver into a submachine gun, using clock springs to rotate the carousel that the 3 cylinders are mounted on, also wound into their own clock springs. So you get two 3 shot bursts and then the carousel rotates. I also made it break action with ejecting cylinders, 10 pounds of ammo never seemed like so little before!

And the mod brings the cylinder up to 8, the Sheriff is the first revolver I've seen, in a latter book especially to have only a capacity of 5. I don't think they were thinking that far ahead when they wrote the description, it just brings it up to 8. That's how chummer works it, I don't see why not.
Sic Zipper Tyrannosaurus!

dertechie

• Newb
« Reply #76 on: <05-05-13/0800:13> »
Conceal? No, I actually thought about this one a while ago and decided to put it into shadowrun. It's essentially taking a left at weapons developement and making a revolver into a submachine gun, using clock springs to rotate the carousel that the 3 cylinders are mounted on, also wound into their own clock springs. So you get two 3 shot bursts and then the carousel rotates. I also made it break action with ejecting cylinders, 10 pounds of ammo never seemed like so little before!

And the mod brings the cylinder up to 8, the Sheriff is the first revolver I've seen, in a latter book especially to have only a capacity of 5. I don't think they were thinking that far ahead when they wrote the description, it just brings it up to 8. That's how chummer works it, I don't see why not.

Barrens Specials also have a capacity of 5.  Made by the same kind of people who would even think about using contraptions like that clock-punk abomination in an actual fight.

JoeNapalm

• Ace Runner
  • Ifriti Sophist
« Reply #77 on: <05-05-13/0921:34> »

Essentially this, but with "only" three cylinders?:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

The weight would help with recoil...though you'd need to be a Troll to use it one-handed.

My objection to the Increased Cylinder mod providing this weapon with eight shots is that you are getting three extra bullets for the price of two. If it were that easy, why doesn't it just have six to start with?

Either realism and/or game balance is why.

As I said above, a proportional increase would result in +1.667 round capacity. Depending where along the Realism, Evil GMtm and BT/PM sliders your table lies, it's reasonable to say either "You can only fit one complete additional round into the design" or "Aw, I am feeling generous, just round it up to two. That's what the mod pays for."

Three is getting something for nothing.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #78 on: <05-05-13/1509:50> »
A firearm like that sounds like something out of Borderlands.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #79 on: <05-05-13/1519:52> »
I'm rather fond of the design. If increased cylinder only brought it up to 6 for that case it'd be fine, even bursts. So wait, does that mean it brings the Deputy up to 9? or just 8, because unless I'm mistaken increased cylinder in chummer has always just brought it up to a flat 8.

JoeNapalm

• Ace Runner
  • Ifriti Sophist
« Reply #80 on: <05-05-13/1954:33> »
I'm rather fond of the design. If increased cylinder only brought it up to 6 for that case it'd be fine, even bursts. So wait, does that mean it brings the Deputy up to 9? or just 8, because unless I'm mistaken increased cylinder in chummer has always just brought it up to a flat 8.

I'm just going by what I would do as GM, which is to say that since the mod gives a 6 round cylinder a 1/3 increase, it gives all cylinders a 1/3 increase.

So the Deputy gets +2.33 rounds, which I would round to +2 for 9 total.

Great. Now I want a Ruger Vaquero. *sigh*

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #81 on: <05-05-13/2008:27> »
Ruger Buccaneer.

Muzzle loading, stack fired, black powder, 5 cylinder revolver. 25 barrels, 100 rounds.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #82 on: <05-05-13/2021:49> »
Increased Cylinder says it turns the ammo from 6 to 8. Basically it's the Extended Clip of Cylinder-guns (+25% of 6, rounded up, means +2). If you expand it to include revolvers that don't use a 6-round cylinder, you can grab that +25%, rounded up, so 5->6.25->7.

Alternatives are "it always adds 2 rounds" and "it adds 8/6, rounded up", but I think it's just a different-named Extended Clip mod. As support for that explanation: Their stats are identical, aside from the Threshold. Same slot-space, same nuyen cost, same availability, they only raised the threshold because revolvers are special.

That means only a revolver with 9+ rounds would get +3 from this btw.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!