NEWS

warhawk. underrated?

• 82 Replies

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #15 on: <04-16-13/0128:40> »
Maybe once your arm heals, you should go to the local firing range as a group some night.
*Looks outside and sees Canada*

Yeah, that's going to happen.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #16 on: <04-16-13/0208:53> »
Maybe once your arm heals, you should go to the local firing range as a group some night.
*Looks outside and sees Canada*

Yeah, that's going to happen.

<looks outside and sees Canada>

happened for me all Tuesday of last week. Sighted in a new laser dot on my .44 mag, played with the 8x scope on my 7x57. Blasted off a box of .357 mags. You can do a lot up here in Canada, just fill out your paperwork, take the safety course and keep your nose clean!

Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

viaRailGun

• Chummer
  • yipee ki yay...
« Reply #17 on: <04-16-13/0212:39> »
any chum from vancouver?
Onward all you crystal soldiers.
Touch tomorrow, energize.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #18 on: <04-16-13/0226:21> »
We've got 'em in Alberta, at least.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #19 on: <04-16-13/0312:20> »
any chum from vancouver?

Interior of BC here... but currently working out of Northern BC.
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

JoeNapalm

• Ace Runner
  • Ifriti Sophist
« Reply #20 on: <04-19-13/1640:18> »
My rigger has one gold plated with silver and black chasing.

If she has to dump it, it has a "property of Kenneth Brackhaven" inscription inside the slide.

;)

-k
It's a revolver.  It doesn't have a slide. ???

Careful.

Proper firearms terminology is dangerous ground, in these parts.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #21 on: <04-19-13/1643:16> »

If she has to dump it, it has a "property of Kenneth Brackhaven" inscription inside the slide.

;)

-k
Careful.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist
*Looks up from my Guns and Ammo "Clip"*  Whafrag?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

JoeNapalm

• Ace Runner
  • Ifriti Sophist
« Reply #22 on: <04-19-13/1650:16> »

;)

-k
Careful.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist
*Looks up from my Guns and Ammo "Clip"*  Whafrag?

Exactly. For your submachine carbine.

:P

-Jn-
City of Brass Expatriate

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #23 on: <04-21-13/0003:37> »
My apologies, I meant she had a blinged out Predator, not a Warhawk.

Was responding to Falconer.

I have, in fact, owned multiple firearms in the past. Hey, I lived in Texas. It was almost required by law.

-k
« Last Edit: <04-21-13/0005:49> by KarmaInferno »

viaRailGun

• Chummer
  • yipee ki yay...
« Reply #24 on: <04-21-13/1156:45> »
personally, i want to picture the warhawk as being a blade runner's standard issue m2019c. instead, holding 5 shots to account for the space needed to house an internal smartlink system? a-haha, truly obsessed. all i can say is "that gun"(fallout's .223 pistol) belongs in SR!

SpatulaODoom

• Newb
« Reply #25 on: <04-22-13/1833:25> »
Dunno who underrates the Warhawk, it's an excellent weapon for what it is.
Sure it's near-impossible to make into a stealth weapon, and the range is naturally limited by being a pistol, but that's square pegging the round hole. If you want portable firepower that you can carry day-to-day without being bugged by johnny law or raising too many eyebrows, it's as good as it gets.

My hard-boiled Private Investigator/Runner loves his warhawks. Along with his silver engraved lighter and the fedora his partner gave him they're his signature items.

The ammunition seems limited, but only until you realize that those 6-8 shots from a 6P -2AP gun are doing the job of 9-12 shots from another heavy pistol or even 18-24 rounds in a burst firing light pistol.

It's inexpensive at 250 nuyen. That makes the base weapon effective for something you don't wince before tossing in a smelter or wiping down the handle and pressing it into a dead ganger's hand. Better yet that base price means mods that have (weapon cost) under cost much cheaper than say for a machine pistol or assault rifle or whatever that costs at minimum 2-3X the cost of a Warhawk. Give it a custom grip, internal smartgun, mod it for semi-auto, and expand the cylinder to 8 shots and you're still sitting under 1000 cred. Add in the fact that you're paying less for ammo since you're firing fewer shots, and don't require recoil compensating bits and pieces and you've got a very cost effective weapon even if you do decide to trick it out.

Against vehicles/drones/spirits you're better off with a Warhawk than anything short of a shotgun or heavy rifle, what with the various forms of hardened armor and/or immunity to stun damage. Yes I know about stick-n-shock, but that's something that many experienced DM's are quick to nerf, besides nothing stops you from loading up stickies like everyone else.

UmaroVI

• Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: <04-23-13/0855:52> »
I think it's actually one of the few guns that are accurately rated. It's a niche gun that is good at its niche.

Wildcard

• Omae
  • Hex.tall was here.
« Reply #27 on: <04-23-13/1149:07> »
My apologies, I meant she had a blinged out Predator, not a Warhawk.

Was responding to Falconer.

I have, in fact, owned multiple firearms in the past. Hey, I lived in Texas. It was almost required by law.

-k

Aren't you in NY now? Where they ban anything as dangerous as Soda and up?
I was permanently banned from the forums for consistently attacking my fellow posters and trolling the boards. I thought I could get "revenge" on FastJack for being banned by updating my sig to insult him, but all it proved was how much of an idiot I am.

viaRailGun

• Chummer
  • yipee ki yay...
« Reply #28 on: <04-23-13/2332:33> »
honestly, i had this misconception. probably stemmed from it's use in Shadowrun for SEGA GENESIS. this idea has been left behind since immersing myself in the SR4 universe.

Anarkitty

• Omae
« Reply #29 on: <04-24-13/1745:49> »
You can even mod it to SA for only a single mod slot (and yes, SA revolvers do exist in reality).

edit: corrected a stupid typo
« Last Edit: <04-26-13/1352:46> by Anarkitty »