NEWS

commlinks in weapons?

• 26 Replies

_Pax_

« Reply #15 on: <05-01-12/1615:00> »
Yes, Hidden mode would be good.

Simply Encrypting the node also slows them down.

Doing both, on top of the already very-strong Firewall setup described above, basically means you will never be hacked-on-the-fly during a combat.  Now, a canny enemy hacker might Shadow you for a while, and take a more careful probe-and-prod approach.  But that presents it's own difficulties to said hacker.  :)

JoeNapalm

• Ace Runner
  • Ifriti Sophist
« Reply #16 on: <05-18-12/1624:50> »

"Cyber Safety" means never having to worry about your Smartgun being hacked ever again.

And it's Essence Friendly(tm)!

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #17 on: <05-18-12/1724:27> »
The new STIs of the 2070s...  Computer Viruses.  Even online sex isn't safe sex.  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

JoeNapalm

• Ace Runner
  • Ifriti Sophist
« Reply #18 on: <05-18-12/1818:11> »
The new STIs of the 2070s...  Computer Viruses.  Even online sex isn't safe sex.  ;D

No no...not THAT kind of "safety!"

-Jn-

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #19 on: <05-18-12/2317:21> »
No no...not THAT kind of "safety!"

-Jn-
;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

DazedDante

• Newb
« Reply #20 on: <05-19-12/1001:54> »
Our party hacker uses his gun com as a slave to his normal com. It allows him to run twice as many programs, agents and ic as normal plus counts as an extra sensor suite for his tacsoft.

He also loaded it with an agent connected to underbarrel grenade launcher. Its a better shot then him and fires autonomously......  ;D

So commlinks in guns are risky but can be useful if your inventive. Plus a talking grenade launcher is always good for roleplay

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #21 on: <05-19-12/1112:41> »
"And when we get into the nursery..."  "I BLOW DREK UP!"  "No Larry, there's babies there, no blowing stuff up."  "Neruo-Stun Grenades?"  "No Larry, no Grenades.  Shut up and let us do the briefing."  "But I wanna blow drek up!!!"

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

JoeNapalm

• Ace Runner
  • Ifriti Sophist
« Reply #22 on: <05-19-12/2226:07> »
Our party hacker uses his gun com as a slave to his normal com. It allows him to run twice as many programs, agents and ic as normal plus counts as an extra sensor suite for his tacsoft.

He also loaded it with an agent connected to underbarrel grenade launcher. Its a better shot then him and fires autonomously......  ;D

So commlinks in guns are risky but can be useful if your inventive. Plus a talking grenade launcher is always good for roleplay

:o

I can't see how that could possibly go wrong.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #23 on: <05-20-12/0103:14> »
:o

I can't see how that could possibly go wrong.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist
*Cough*
"And when we get into the nursery..."  "I BLOW DREK UP!"  "No Larry, there's babies there, no blowing stuff up."  "Neruo-Stun Grenades?"  "No Larry, no Grenades.  Shut up and let us do the briefing."  "But I wanna blow drek up!!!"

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

TheNarrator

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <05-20-12/0254:03> »

Reminds me of Andy the talking bomb from Red vs. Blue.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #25 on: <05-20-12/1024:48> »
"Andy is my Hero!"

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Blue_Lion

• Omae
« Reply #26 on: <05-20-12/2333:55> »

Reminds me of a player that hated little kids. He actualy put out bait and waited for ophens to attack them.