NEWS

Technomancer-AI coopperation?

• 35 Replies

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #30 on: <04-20-12/1239:30> »
Yeah, Villers had two men killed to get the first cyberdeck information, then, when Fuchi wouldn't buy in, one of the two founders was suddenly killed by his chauffer, who then was killed in turn before talking to the police, and the founder's son was happy to include Villers afterwards.

He's *never* been a force for good, old chum.

There're a few, but they're hard to see through all the smog.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #31 on: <04-20-12/1324:02> »
Guys, please don't try to sell me the box of goods I've already gotten.  Yes, I know that the two examples I've given are not paragons of virtue, but unlike the debate about Aztechnology, in this I do mean relative good.

Ares cleared out bug nests; this is a good thing.  Sure, they did it because it's good press, but before Chicago they weren't even getting THAT out of it.  It's only been later (Threats 2, when even then it was suggested that it may have been a hallucination, and now confirmed in 4e) that it's come out that they were 'grabbing test subjects' as well, doing something that is definitely Not Right.

Villiers is a shark, sure, but in all of this, he's been portrayed as a sympathetic shark -- that he loves his family and ex-wife, but that living with Samantha would have torn both of them into little gobbets of flesh; they get along well, but in the long run their personalities would have totally wrecked them.  Now, though, we have Samantha trying to do something, and Richard doing stuff back to 'punish' her, that make them sound more like the highly dysfunctional Shiawase family.

These two used to be 'yeah, he's a shark, but he's OUR shark' sorts of individuals -- doing more-or-less what's right by any means necessary, people we could look forward to meeting as players.  Now ... now they're just assholes that the players would reply with 'eh -- he's a dick.'
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Stry

• Chummer
« Reply #32 on: <04-20-12/1628:51> »
I never really thought about the CEOs in Shadowrun being good for the sake of being good,   they are most interested in what is good for the value of their stock and sometimes that is also good for public too.   

I will exclude Awakened CEOs from that list only because they tend to have a much different view of things.   

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #33 on: <04-20-12/2017:33> »
Well, only one of those three took a hundred thousand people hostage for the better part of a year performing experiments on the survivors.
  Sure, but one of the others was the source code for that one, and the OTHER of the others took sixty times that number inadvertently hostage ...

Besides, we already know what happened to all three of them.  If y'all ain't ready to acknowledge what's blindingly clear, that's y'all's problem.  ;)

They became /dev/grrl/?

I know Villiers isn't a good person or even a nice person, but I've always had a softspot for him. The way he always seems to bounce back really gets me.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #34 on: <04-20-12/2042:55> »
I will exclude Awakened CEOs from that list only because they tend to have a much different view of things.   
Maybe Buttercup is pushing the Transhumanism point so that human thinking changes enough that she can understand us?
I know Villiers isn't a good person or even a nice person, but I've always had a softspot for him. The way he always seems to bounce back really gets me.
Wonder what he'll rename his Megacorporation next time?  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Stry

• Chummer
« Reply #35 on: <04-20-12/2048:56> »
Assuming the corp will is still his.