NEWS

Dark Angel

• 11 Replies

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« on: <12-16-11/2306:27> »
Was rereading Attitude the other day, and came across this in the music section.

Quote from: Attitude, page 50-51
DARK ANGEL
Major Albums
Flaming Wings (2050)
Earthdawn: The Scourge (2053)
History
Dark Angel had an interestingly short career. He was an amazing musician with an unsurpassed talent with the electric guitar. His albums were solid hits, but after he announced his next album, Earthdawn: The Scourge, he and his wife/manager Icelady vanished mysteriously, and their house was burned to the ground. No bodies were found, and neither has been heard from since.

> Snippets of music rumored to be from the unpublished album still circulate. I believe that playing the music backwards in its entirety will open a rift to a nightmare realm. I think that’s what happened to him when he found out that his wife was manipulating his music.
> Plan 9

> I’m not saying I know what happened to Dark Angel, but Occam’s Razor looks at the above theory and says, um, probably not.
> Snopes

Any chance we'll see more on this sometime?
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #1 on: <12-16-11/2309:24> »
This is Shadowrun, who knows?  We might find out that JetBlack actually isn't dead!
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

RelentlessImp

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <12-16-11/2329:54> »
This is Shadowrun, who knows?  We might find out that JetBlack actually isn't dead!

Is it me or is JetBlack talked about a lot more now that he's "dead" than when he was alive? :P

I'm kinda hoping most of these threads don't get tied up, though. They're a wonderful jumping-off point for games.
Next time you're down on your knees, and you're expecting a slap, it might be me in that mask, and I just might have a bat.
Currently Looking for Work

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #3 on: <12-17-11/0049:38> »
I could have sworn I saw one of the Missions based around Jetblack ...
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <12-17-11/0103:14> »
Was rereading Attitude the other day, and came across this in the music section.

Quote from: Attitude, page 50-51
DARK ANGEL
Major Albums
Flaming Wings (2050)
Earthdawn: The Scourge (2053)
History
Dark Angel had an interestingly short career. He was an amazing musician with an unsurpassed talent with the electric guitar. His albums were solid hits, but after he announced his next album, Earthdawn: The Scourge, he and his wife/manager Icelady vanished mysteriously, and their house was burned to the ground. No bodies were found, and neither has been heard from since.

> Snippets of music rumored to be from the unpublished album still circulate. I believe that playing the music backwards in its entirety will open a rift to a nightmare realm. I think that’s what happened to him when he found out that his wife was manipulating his music.
> Plan 9

> I’m not saying I know what happened to Dark Angel, but Occam’s Razor looks at the above theory and says, um, probably not.
> Snopes

Any chance we'll see more on this sometime?

That depends...

http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Angel-Shadowrun-Thomas-Kane/dp/B000FEUQE6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324101751&sr=8-1

Have a time machine?

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #5 on: <12-17-11/0156:47> »
Almost, Wakshanni, but I think Wyrm is thinking about the On the Run, recently reprinted in Runner's Toolkit.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <12-17-11/0445:47> »
Ah, that was the one.

Which means, of course, that things are definitely going forward on that one ...
Pananagutan & End/Line

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #7 on: <12-17-11/0858:38> »
Is it me or is JetBlack talked about a lot more now that he's "dead" than when he was alive? :P
Well, seeing as Shadowrun started in 2050, and he offed himself in 2049...

Wonder if he did it next to a toilet, like Elvis?  :P

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <12-17-11/1322:29> »
Actually, he didn't off himself.

10 October 2048: UCAS: Rock megastar Jetblack is killed on his way home from a concert in Seattle.

And I refuse to spoil things for anyone who hasn't read/played through Dark Angel.
Pananagutan & End/Line

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #9 on: <12-17-11/1326:04> »
Oh, misremembered.  That's the problem when all you have is your memory to go off of.  :(

BASTARDS THE LOT OF YOU!!!

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

ARC

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <12-18-11/0633:49> »
I could have sworn I saw one of the Missions based around Jetblack ...

It was "On The Run."  The Runners get hired to "aquire" and old style Optical disc with something on it that the Johnson claims was stolen from him.  Turns out it is an old JetBlack Album that was never to see the light of day.  considering what really happened to JetBlack...

[spoiler]
JetBlack wasn't really killed, he was turned into a Vampire.  In fact it's one of his followers that ends up interceeding with the Runners to get the disc in a final battle scene in the mission.[/spoiler]
Living the Electronic Dream

snowRaven

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <12-21-11/1641:03> »
Actually, he didn't off himself.

10 October 2048: UCAS: Rock megastar Jetblack is killed on his way home from a concert in Seattle.

And I refuse to spoil things for anyone who hasn't read/played through Dark Angel.

Umm...  Dark Angel is not about Jetblack. You're thinking of 'One Stage Before'.