NEWS

Spy Games available for electronic download, print pre-order

• 6 Replies

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« on: <05-19-11/1047:31> »
Grinder beat me to it over in the Catalyst's Shadowrun Products section, but I thought the announcement should go here, too. The latest Shadowrun sourcebook, Spy Games, is out now (Battleshop, DrivethruRPG)! It provides an update on the intrigue-filled city of Denver--find out what Ghostwalker's been up to and why the different sectors of the city are pushing for a renegotiation of the Treaty of Denver. The book also tells you what you need to know about conducting intelligence operations, including a briefing on counterintelligence and details on using spirits in intelligence operations, and of course it contains a nice helping of new spy gear and new spells, adept abilities, and metamagics. All this, and dozens of plot hooks and information on other global espionage hotspots, including Brussels, London, Kansai, and Austin!

For more info, let's check out the official summary:

CITY OF SECRETS

Listen to the whispers—they’re all over town. People have secrets, millions of secrets, and some of them are so explosive they could shift the balance of power in the Treaty City of Denver. Normally, the great dragon Ghostwalker’s tight grip would keep the city under control, but some of the whispers moving around town say that Ghostwalker hasn’t been himself lately. The powers of Denver are scrambling, the Treaty is about to be renegotiated, and information is the hottest commodity in town.

Spy Games brings Shadowrun players to the espionage-filled city of Denver, where secrets are bought and sold, and sometimes the price is paid in blood. Accessing these secrets may mean using cutting-edge surveillance gear or powerful magic, or it could mean turning back the clock and breaking out low-tech cloak-and-dagger approaches that the techheads of the world would never expect. Spy Games provides the setting information, gear statistics, and game rules players need to dive into Sixth World spycraft.

Spy Games is for use with Shadowrun, Twentieth Anniversary Edition.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

"The thing is, I’m serious about what I do, and the people with whom I associate are serious about what they do. We’re all serious people. Look, I can even make a serious face. See?" --Quinn Bailey

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #1 on: <05-21-11/0543:43> »
Bought, downloaded...
first look¨:

AWESOME !!!
 ;D

Wolfboy

• Omae
  • life sucks, deal with it
« Reply #2 on: <05-23-11/2143:14> »
i want but have to wait for DTF to come out  >:(

May god grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can, and the firepower to make the difference.

Suicide is never the answer, now homicide on the other hand, that has posibilities.

7.62 Russian, when it absolutely has to be done under budget

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <05-24-11/0507:12> »
Spy Games is the second-Hottest Seller on DriveThruRPG and has already hit Copper level in one weekend! Thank you so much for your purchase of this awesome book (Which is all thanks to ME :P).

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #4 on: <05-24-11/0737:28> »
Spy Games is the second-Hottest Seller on DriveThruRPG and has already hit Copper level in one weekend! Thank you so much for your purchase of this awesome book (Which is all thanks to ME :P).
Look out! His ego's inflating too fast! It's gonna blow! ;)

Seriously though, awesome work Crimson. I've scanned the book and am about one third of the way through the detailed read-through and I'm liking what I'm reading.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <05-24-11/1142:54> »
I was only contracted to write about a tenth of the book though I would like to think my effect was a bit more.

Contrast this with upcoming books where I'm writing about 25-30 percent. I will be insufferable.
« Last Edit: <05-24-11/2154:30> by Crimsondude »

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <05-24-11/1521:39> »
I was only contracted to write about a tenth of the book though I would like to think my affect was a bit more.

Contrast this with upcoming books where I'm writing about 25-30 percent. I will be insufferable.

Can't wait Crimsondude =D