NEWS

floorplan research Institut in urban area needed

• 7 Replies

Alrician

• Newb
« on: <08-31-21/1541:31> »
We've been meeting face to face for a long time, so I'd like to offer a run in which players can brood over a map and work out strategies. For this I need the floor plan of a research and teaching institute, preferably in an urban area.

mcv

• Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <11-27-21/1543:25> »
There's a wealth of great floorplans available by searching for "research institute floorplan". (I'm currently looking for a nice one to use in a rural environment.)

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #2 on: <12-01-21/1727:44> »
I don't know if it is what you are looking for, but in Season 1 of Shadowrun Missions one of the early missions is called, iirc Forced Recon and has maps of a just built research institute that the PCs are supposed to be gathering information about before it goes live.  (seasons 1 and 2 are free downloads from the Catalyst site, but they are not linked to from anywhere obvious, so here is a link for you:  https://www.shadowruntabletop.com/missions/downloads-season-1/ )

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <12-03-21/0352:18> »
Thanks for the link Beta, some useful maps there!
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <12-07-21/0916:40> »
You can always search for existing buildings, like hospitals or universities, who have floorplans on their website (hospitals sometimes do so people know where they have to go in advance).  With a bit of adapting this can easily be used.  And of course Google can offer a wealth of floorplans.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

cantrip

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <12-07-21/0952:21> »
Universities and colleges can be a good source. There is usually a campus map (or use google maps) and then each individual building map; depends what level of detail you want.

Alrician

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <12-08-21/0340:58> »
That's great, thank you very much!

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #7 on: <12-08-21/0516:08> »
By the way, they cost a few bucks, but Shadowplans have gorgeous maps: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product_info.php?products_id=312940 Full resolution is 210 pixels per square.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!