NEWS

Homebrew Content: Mentor Spirits (First Draft/first 10. Feedback Request)

• 0 Replies

Mathan

• Newb
« on: <09-19-18/0509:26> »
So I finally decided to show off some of my horrible homebrew stuff. In particular I decided to start with something I find fun to make but am likely not skilled at making. Mentor Spirits.

I've tried to mix things up between animals and conceptual archetypes, and additionally attempted to avoid putting in anything already listed in the books. I also had to add a semi homebrew adept power for one of the but tried to keep out any others that would require more of my homebrew stuff.

I plan to both add fluff and add more spirits later. But for now I felt it would be best to post up the crunch for those spirits I like most and see what people think. Very much open to comments and criticism.

Ancestor:

All: +2 on social limit with anyone of the same metatype
Mage: Gain a single ‘Slay’ or ‘One less’ spell targeting a metatype the caster is prejudiced against
Adept: Improved Ability (Skill) Appropriate for your metatype (GM discretion)
Restriction: Gain the prejudiced (Common, Biased) against any one metatype that is not your own. If you already posses this quality you may choose another metatype which is not your own or increase it to prejudiced (outspoken)

Anteater:

All: Heal 1 point of physical damage when killing a bug spirit
Magician: Begin play with the spirit barrier and bug zapper spells
Adept: Gain Spirit Claws
Disadvantage: Gain the Berserk quality when facing against bug spirits.

Chipmunk:

All: Gain Agile Defender quality
Magician: Alchemical preparations last 1 hour longer than normal
Adept: Hang time 1 rank
Restriction: Chipmunks are, by nature, compulsive gatherers and hoarders. Constantly seeking to stockpile anything which may benefit them later. Choose one type of item such as Ammo or Comlinks, subject to GM approval. Whenever the follower of Chipmunk gets the chance they must roll Will+Magic (3) to resist the compulsion to gather present items of the specified type.

Dark Protagonist:

All: +2 to blades, clubs or unarmed skill (choose one)
Magic: +2 dice to combat spells
Adept: Element Weapon (choose one)
Restriction: The spirit of the dark protagonist is one seeking quick paths to power, particularly foci. Reduce the Karma cost of a Focus by 2 points per level, but the follower of Dark Protagonist gains -4 on checks to resist Focus Addiction

Juggler:

All: +2 Palming
Magic: Gain Fling and Catch spells free
Adept: 2 ranks precision Throwing
Restriction: The Juggler is a twisted jester who finds it impossible to take anything seriously. As such his followers are likewise fixated on the joy and hilarity of the moment. They gain the ‘did you just call me dumb’ Quality

Naïve Protagonist:

All: Gain Honest Face quality
Magician: +2 dice when summoning spirits without binding them
Adept: ½ cost for Distance Slash power
Restriction: One who follows the Naïve Protagonist must purchase a weapon focus of at least level 1 at character creation, and must pay the remaining power point for Distance Slash if an adept. Further, such characters are notoriously bad judges of both character and situation. The first time such a character engages with another individual attempting to decive them, they gain a -6 on judge intentions checks. This penalty is reduced by 2 for each subsequent attempt, regardless of how long it has been since the last interaction. Thus a second interaction would be -4 and a third -2. This penalty cannot be reduced below -2.

(Sidebar: Distance slash

2 Points

This power allows the adept to channel magical energy though their weapon focus and strike out at a nearby target with a beam of raw force. The adept may make a melee attack at a target within (Magic) meters. It cannot be the subject of a counterattack. Discount all reach modifiers.)

Pangolin:

All: Physical armor from magical sources is treated as hardened
Magician: +2 to all barrier and armor spells
Adept: 1 point mystic armor
Restriction: Armor from any magical source is treated as half its rating when dealing with magical or astral sources of damage.

Penguin:

All: Ignore environmental effects due to cold
Magician: +2 when using cold spells
Adept: Gain Skate
Restriction: Double environmental effects due to heat

Princess:

All: +2 Etiquette
Magician: +2 Manipulation Spells
Adept: Adept Spell (Incubus Shroud)
Restrictions: Gain Creature of Comfort (Medium) Quality

Storm:

All: +2 to Intimidation