NEWS

Materials science in gear

• 20 Replies

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #15 on: <05-31-16/0347:20> »
Reaver, I'm a bit disappointed - you of all people should know Gyrojet weapons shoot micro rockets.

The one from run and gun has the benefit of not being hampered by water as normal bullets are, so it's an effective under water weapon.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #16 on: <05-31-16/0443:00> »
Reaver, I'm a bit disappointed - you of all people should know Gyrojet weapons shoot micro rockets.

The one from run and gun has the benefit of not being hampered by water as normal bullets are, so it's an effective under water weapon.

Nope, wasn't aware of them. Thanks for the link, looks like I have some reading to do....

And I only have the CRB in pdf.... Away from my tower of books ATM.
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

dluxcru

• Newb
« Reply #17 on: <05-31-16/1457:33> »
Thanks. When I get R&G I may have to consider a backup gyrojet pistol - my character has SURGE and can breath underwater and whatnot, so it'd be nice to have if it isn't to expensive for exotic weapons skills. Either that or a pain inducer.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <06-01-16/0054:38> »
I forget how young you people are. The Gyrojet pistol was a thing I caught on to from "Gyro" Jimmy Dugan, back in my CHampions days. It's in a Bond movie before that.

Neat little things!

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <06-01-16/0245:03> »
Not to mention if you played any of the Battletech/Mechwarrior RPGs (which FASA produced during the same time as SR 1 to 3) you'll find a remarkable overlap of those specific weapons. Vibro swords, needlers, gyrojet guns...
The one thing SR always lacked in my opinion was PPCs. Nothing says Thor hates you like an artificial lightning strike... ;D
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #20 on: <06-12-16/1114:39> »
The Gyrojet pistol reminds me of the W40K Boltgun; both fire what are essentially self-propelled, high-explosive rounds (microjet rockets and botls, respectively), and have limited range and clip size. Fun!