NEWS

[IC] Cannon Fodder

• 124 Replies

JDA

• Omae
« Reply #90 on: <06-10-13/1858:10> »
you have the nerve to question our professionalism, you wiped our memories, waste precious time with your little test and snicker during negotiations. Then question our professionalism,. LOOK in the mirror lady. We will complete the mission, we will arrive at the desire outcome and we will take the time needed to accurately prepare ourselves. If time is of importance to you I suggest you get us some transportation. Secondly, I will take you up on the offer of some equipment if indeed hat offer is still on the table. I would like a rating 3 know soft chip for general knowledge of the curribean and a rating 3 active soft on perception. We will need fake sins and licenses for our weapons in the curribean.
alex then gives e lady a stern look and motions for her to get busy with the transportation.
speech
« Last Edit: <06-11-13/0036:25> by JDA »

AffreuxLex

« Reply #91 on: <06-11-13/0214:28> »
-- Everyone except Gustovness --

The elven woman's nostrils flare and her eyes go wild.  She stands up suddenly, violently throwing back the chair she was sitting on.  Her hands slam down on the desk as she begins to shout.

You dare take such an insolent tone with me?!  I could kill you all where you stand with nothing more than a frakking snap of my fingers!  I offer you ridiculous amounts of cold hard Nuyen and you think you can just throw it in my face and make more demands?!  When you are called to work for us it is an honor not to be taken lightly, Yama..---grrrk---

Her mouth twists to the side and half her face scrunches up like she just sucked on the world most sour lemon.  Unceremoniously, she drops lifelessly onto her desk.  You can smell burnt hair and barbeque.

A few moments pass while the three of you stare open mouthed,  exchanging glances between yourselves.  You soon hear a voice being broadcast from the woman's commlink.

The corporation wishes to apologize for the unprofessional behavior you have just witnessed.  There will be four limousines waiting for you outside to take you where ever you require.  Inside will be the full details of what we require from you.  If you decide you do not wish to participate after reviewing our requests, you may go where you please and our driver will take you but please speak to no one about what has transpired today.  If you find our terms agreeable, please inform our driver of what licences you will need and the corporation will ensure that all paperwork will be in order and available when you board the waiting aircraft.  You will still receive your full payment if you take extra time to arrive.  The aircraft is large enough to bring any equipment that you feel you require.  On behalf of the corporation, we thank you for your time.  1,000 nuyen has been deposited into each of your accounts and is yours whether you take the job or not.

When the man's voice stops, the commlink crackles, sputters, and dies with a small pillar of smoke.

-- Gustovness -

You notice the smell of a lovely barbeque wafting in the air from an indiscernible direction.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #92 on: <06-11-13/0517:33> »
//Matrix Message protocol 1.0.2b//To Team>>Cuco, you still around? They just fried her whilst in mid rant (cranial bomb or something?!) and got us a set of wheels to go get our stuff. you've got 1K coming your way.
We're off on some kind of business trip, so might be an idea to suit up so we dont stand out too much. limo is outside and driver can get us licenses.
All, If you guys are happy being the "business men", i'll be the "bodyguard" if i can get a corporate weapons license off these boys. That should let me get some kit through security. We'll all need to look pretty smart though and get a fresh set of ID off the drivers before we fly. I need to go sort out my bike and kit up, so keep in touch on this channel ok?//End//

The smell of burning hair and flesh caught at the back of her throat and the ruthlessness of what just happened was brutal. She was a bitch and a half but death was one hell of a punishment for that.
Realising just how deep she was in the shit, the prospect of finding out who these guys were outweighed the stench of burning flesh. Flea pushed the lifeless corpse back off the desk and onto the floor with a heavy thud.
The scene brought back gruesome memories of her service on the korean peninsula, the Korean Liberation Army had rushed her lightly armed signalling corps' position and nearly overrun them. The stench of this suited elf brought back the haunting image of a young Korean woman bent double over the LMG, the heat of the barrel cooking her now dead flesh as flea's comrades pushed the dead soldier back over the sandbags and reloaded.

Flea gagged at the memories mixed with the smell and began to search the dead elf for anything that betrayed her ID, position or employers.
[spoiler]Int 3, Percep 3, active search 3, visual enhance 1 (10d6.hits(5)=4)[/spoiler]
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #93 on: <06-11-13/0931:04> »
As the brutal display of power silenced the team, Puppeteer’s blood turned to ice in his veins. The sudden death of the woman in front of them showed how much the corporation tolerated disloyalty. This didn’t bode well, despite the promise of clearer conditions and tasks. But the people on the other side at least showed some flexibility. This hinted at them being desperate, either because they didn’t have much time to look for other runners, or that they wanted this group particularly, for some obscure reason.
Still, his curiosity nagged him to take a look at the conditions. But first he had to make sure that the lost soul of the woman that died in front of him, didn’t take its leave in the wrong direction. He opened his eyes on the astral world again and started to murmur a prayer for the dead. Oh, Lord of the Great Unknown, extend thy hands and take yonder soul in thine embrace. Let her form meld into the Beyond, to form anew or take her rightful place on thine side, as thine Purpose demands. Warrior of old, grant her thy boon and be her guide to the Lord’s embrace, as once another was yours. With that, he let the spirit he summoned earlier go, to fulfill his role in the order of all things.

After he finished praying, he nodded to the others. I’m more inclined now to see what our prospective employer has in mind for us. Shall we? He also pulled his AR gloves on and started to type frantically on an invisible keyboard. //Matrix Message protocol 1.0.1c, compatibility mode// @team: >>I might play the part of a magical consultant, and I’m also not lost if it comes to negotiations. The new IDs are a good idea but I think those will be provided, as we have to be business partners to a specific target. It might be worth checking with the Reasonable-seeming Voice though. BTW I don’t have too much to pack, just have to go back and get my two helpers riding along. Oh, yes, and someone should check all the corporations that start with “Yama” on the market, that could afford this money for a single run. I’m not that good in sorting data, but it wouldn’t hurt to know more.<<
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

Gustovness

• Omae
« Reply #94 on: <06-11-13/1057:15> »
Cuco began to double back towards the room where the negotiations were taking place.

Holy shit, cranial bomb?

He couldn't help but laugh a little.

Guys, I'll be honest, I don't know what the hell we're going to need out there as far as ID's or whatever.  All I'm taking is my staff and my piece which our "security" can carry through checkpoints.  I'm heading out like this with my overcoat and steeple hat.  If you guys can think of anything else on the way that we might need, order it in for the rest of us.

Cuco was approaching the doorway.

What the hell is that smell?

I mean... it's hard to really know what we'll need before we get any more details about what we're supposed to be doing, right?

Cuco peeked into the room and saw the corpse on the floor, smoke still emanating from its skull.  He cracked a smile, looked at his companions and asked,

"Did I get her?"
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Mentor Spirit

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #95 on: <06-11-13/1137:10> »
Flea looked up from patting down the corpse at cuco and laughed;
haha, no, I think you just pissed her off!
I'm going suit shopping so send me your sizes through, we'll need to look the part so we don't get stopped, will you just check how much is on that platinum credstick on the desk? I'll take the funds out of that
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Gustovness

• Omae
« Reply #96 on: <06-11-13/1148:26> »
"Easy with that credstick... I don't want our Johnson to have even the slightest inkling that we're ripping them off when it comes to that thing."

Cuco turned to Puppeteer,

"Juju, you find out what the deal was with my action figure?  And how the hell are we supposed to request what we need from the Johnson?  I'm gonna need a bottle of booze for that long ass flight..."

Speech
Thought
Matrix
Mentor Spirit

JDA

• Omae
« Reply #97 on: <06-11-13/1348:37> »
As Alex watches the lady fry, she snaps her fingers.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #98 on: <06-11-13/1351:33> »
"I don't know, Alex managed to get it as part of negotiations with our ex-host, it should be ok. Alex can make the call but I'm not buying you a suit out of my hard-earned cash Cuco, [Beams a smile at Cuco] so you can re-imburse me!

Flea concentrates and finishes searching all the pockets for clues to the Elf's true identity.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #99 on: <06-11-13/1433:41> »
Puppeteer turned to Cuco. "The Voice on the comm gave perfect proof that he knows exactly what transpires in this room. And i don't think that's only through the commlink of our late host.
"As for that... action figure... it is strange but it seems that it's one of my bound foci. I'm not sure how that came to happen, and why i should use you as a model for that. And it seems to have more connection to the Voodoo tradition... than mine..."
The elf creased his forehead as he said the words. His voice faltered for a moment, then he asked seemingly of the thin air "Don't you find it curious? We are going to the Caribbean area. And i just happened to make a Voodoo doll i even can't remember."
Bulldog
Stake

Gustovness

• Omae
« Reply #100 on: <06-11-13/1445:55> »
Cuco's eyes narrowed a bit.

"Uhh... so is it a foci or a voodoo doll? My earlier... experiments with it in the white room didn't yield any... results..."
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Mentor Spirit

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #101 on: <06-11-13/1453:19> »
"And we give our thanks to the Lord of the Great Unknown for that, from the bottom of our hearts." Puppeteer murmured almost inaudibly.
Bulldog
Stake

Gustovness

• Omae
« Reply #102 on: <06-11-13/1509:19> »
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

Trickster rolled around on the floor clenching his gut and laughing manically at Puppeteer's joke.

Heh, looks like he might not be so boring afterall.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Mentor Spirit

JDA

• Omae
« Reply #103 on: <06-12-13/1402:50> »
Alex once she is in the limo will inform the driver that she needs
a buisness sports coat that can be worn over her armor
 fake license for pistol and fake sin for corporate buisness
Buisness cards x20

Gustovness

• Omae
« Reply #104 on: <06-12-13/2236:44> »
Cuco jumps in his limo and directs his driver to his place.

This is so much crap...  They'd better not break my balls if I'm missing something when we get there... We didn't exactly get a checklist of what we'll need.  I'll grab my usual gear: hat, staff, piece, accessories, ammo, and everything else I have on me right now and we'll be good to go!

Get condoms.

No, dude, we're not gonna need condoms.  We're gonna be strapped for time I bet for however long we're down there.

You're right... you probably wouldn't have needed them anyways...

Fuck you.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Mentor Spirit