WrongConcept

• Chummer
  • "This demonstrates my stupidity"
« on: <10-09-13/0101:06> »
OOC: Crash and Burn
Chapter I: Welcome to real life Omae

• System: SR4
  • Character Creation BP: 400
  • Continuity: You can bring characters from other missions, with their gear and Karma, however it must come with a complete explanation of how much Karma and Nuyen they have won from what other games, also any gear straying from Canon on SR4 will be subject to revision for approval. If character is above 250 Karma roof, don't think it, its not worth it for a Prime Runner, if over 100 Karma enter at your own risk this is a low reward game.
  • Karma Reward: Low (1 - 10 Karma the whole Run) / High (20 - 25 for the Whole Run if Certain Conditions Met)
  • Nuyen Reward: Standar (10k for the whole run (subject to negotiation but not over 15k) / +15k Bonus if Certain Conditions Met
  • Contacts Reward: WrongConcept (low level spider) Loyalty 1 Conection 3 (Electronics, Software and Low Paying Jobs) (If you wish i can roleplay being a contact if your GM approves)

[spoiler=Background, You Can Ignore this if you want.]Biography From Vritual Underworld 93
Hypothethical String of Comments[/spoiler]

Published on the Virtual Underground 93 10/10/2075

>>>>>[So... Everyone here knows by now that i aint a runner... And by the skills of most of you my SIN'er Past should be a well know issue by now, but hey not everyone is cut out to be a runner, specially me. Thing is i have some evidence that need to be investigated and i have some serious nuyen savings on my side, most of you can check it, the thing is im a cripple and i do need someone to do some errands for me, to shake up some heads... And maybe to deal with some A-holes of the Lone Star, this should be a milk run, and legal (unless you make people speak with a sledge hammer) the pay can be discussed and if you wish to discuss it then Log to the Seattle Max Mayhem Node, i will be administrating it this friday the whole day, ill encrypt a passcode for a VIP room i will set up specially for this ocasion. Hope to see someone there.]<<<<<
     -- WrongConcept (00:00:00/10-10-2075)

Chicago 55' Uptown, an accident changed the live of a young boy, leaving him Quadraplegic, straped to a chair for life, but thats life Omae'. However this legal pinky wishes some answers, he does know he is no runner and makes no pretense at it, hurtfully naive, ignorant and trusting this boy is asking to be shot in the back of the head by his mother! Still hes asking and he has the creds to back up the enterprise, will this "milk run" prove to be more than what he hoped for or will he be betrayed by the runners coming to collect...

Low level Run focused on investigation, legwork and data mining, with specialty knowledges as Magic, Hacking and Investigation preferred, no much gunfire on this run unless the characters do some mayhem.

Run Slots

• Awakened (Mage or Mystic Adept):
  • Hacker (Hacker or Technomancer):
  • Investigator (Anything Comes):
  • Free:
  • Free:

Any other question you have can be made here or somewhere in private messaging!

OOC: Crash and Burn Chapter 1: Rules

Information

IC Formatting
  • Orange/bold for the date and time/place/address in brackets separated by parallel bars in the beginning of each post ([date&time|place|area])
  • Blue for dialogue in quotes ("__")
  • Bold for PC/NPC names (Georgie Porgie)
  • Lime Green/bold for Matrix/Commlink dialogue preceded by forward angle brackets (>>__)
  • Purple for Astral dialogue in quotes ("__")
  • Green/italics for text messages and email wrapped in angle brackets (<<__>>)
  • Navy/italics for internal thoughts and subvocal

I will tell you either in OOC or at the GM IC post what tests you need to roll for. Please roll first, then write your post based on your successes/failures. We will be using the Invisible Castle dice roller for accountability. All dice rolls will be posted here in the OOC thread, not in the IC thread.

For combat, I will respond to each of you one at a time depending on the action you take. You may detail free actions in the same post as your simple/complex actions.

Invisible Castle Campaing Page

Ok so here we go Boys this are out players:

• Awakened (Mage or Mystic Adept): Eye(farothel), High-Ball (cr4kp0t)
  • Hacker (Hacker or Technomancer): Awaiting for Xzylvador
  • Investigator (Anything Comes): Fang (MaxKojote)
  • Free: Twisted (Hellion)
  • Free: Concrete (Ren)

Storytelling Rules

PbP Description: The more impresive or detailed your action description the more chances it has to succed in my games, think of movies, be it suspense, action, drama or your own choice the better the description the more dice i will award you for the test.

Intention: Whenever you wish to do an action you post it on the IC withouth posting the result (that will be my mission) lets take an example, Player 1 wishes to enter the Lone Star police and speak directly to the Comissar (so to speak), so he writes something like this: "Jhony Doe enters the Lone Star building like he was another member of the place, even stopping by to say hi to someone he had never met before, making sure to be ambiguos enough for the cops not to suspect, even to make them feel guilty for not remembering him. He moves to the reception where the officer is waiting for him and speaks to the man the name of the person he wishes to see and waits for the recepcionist to answer while smiling all away" in this case i will ask you for a dice roll and then post how it went.

Dice Roll: Whenever you need to make a dice roll i will post it here and you will roll it on Invisible Castle on the Campaing: "Crash and Burn" with your character, and you will post the results here! any bonus and penaltys will be posted by me here, if you think i miscalculated any bonus due to equipment qualities or the like, please send me a private and i will recalculate or clear ir up.

Combat: In the case combat comes to us, then the rules are simple, each answer represents a complex action, or two simple, or five free, you can play a Complex and a Free in the same answer or two simple and a free on the same answer, or four free and one free.

Leg Work & Perception: Preparation should be a must, meaning that you should always try to go prepared to everywhere, whenever you go, i hope that Scaning your surroundings or looking in detail at the place will be things your character will be doing normally, or calling A or B contact to try and find some answers or some heads up about the place im hitting or advice about somewhere im going. So play it smart!

(Edit: Like a Zillion times making corrections and a few anex! hope is the last)
« Last Edit: <10-16-13/0958:07> by WrongConcept »
"Welcome to the Shadows... We bake cookies on tuesdays and prepare for mass murder on saturdays, we do rest at sundays to start murdering on Monday... WHY?! my thats a stupid question, because mondays suck!" -Mad Gunner Brian

WrongConcept

• Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <10-09-13/2157:02> »
Well fellows if no reply by friday i will consider this Thread closed by lack of players.
"Welcome to the Shadows... We bake cookies on tuesdays and prepare for mass murder on saturdays, we do rest at sundays to start murdering on Monday... WHY?! my thats a stupid question, because mondays suck!" -Mad Gunner Brian

cr4kp0t

• Omae
  • The 'Doc' will see you now!
« Reply #2 on: <10-10-13/0213:36> »
I'd like to put forward a character for this! Hi-ball comes from a good background a vampire from birth he took to the shadows as a way of puting "food" on the table. He is a face/social adept and infiltrator with minor combat abilities. I'm currently gm'ing another game on here but should be able to post most days GMT
PbP Legend:
Narrative | Thought | Speech | Matrix | Astral

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #3 on: <10-10-13/0319:13> »
I missed that this was SR4A.
I usually take far too long to make a character, but I've got one which I only got to play for a short while before Sichr got him killed (Damn you!)

Viktor 'Vik' Vedel aka Wagner
An asthmatic hacker/tech guy with a passion for classical music and a couple of screws loose...
On him, that is. Not his girlsdrones, they're in perfect shape.

He had some previous play... but that was in the Urban Brawl games, where running actually costs more money than it earns. I added a contact because of that but I don't think I remember adding karma. I know I lost money on lifestyle, ammo and repairs.
Tell me if you want anything changed on him, I probably want to make some changes, too...

Edit: Wait, I did get 11 karma: http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=977.msg43672#msg43672
That was 8 for the run, +1 for getting along with the team so well and +2 for (a very lucky attack) launching a grenade into a car through its open sunroof. If memory serves me right, there was a guy with a pretty powerful weapon standing up through the sunroof. Chunky salsa effect took care of a dangerous chase.
« Last Edit: <10-10-13/0328:33> by Xzylvador »

MaxKojote

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <10-10-13/0355:25> »
Don't know how I missed this thread. I'm in, though I'd prefer to use a Matrix guy, possibly working alongside Vik. Teamwork is always a nice thing. I do have a Technomancer lying around with a focus in finding things as well, though not currently listed on here. If Xzyl and you don't mind, I'd be happy to have my character work alongside his.

Just to confirm, are there any restrictions on character creation?
« Last Edit: <10-10-13/0444:11> by MaxKojote »
Spoken
Thoughts
Matrix
Astral

Fang (Auburn Logrolling)

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #5 on: <10-10-13/0413:18> »
hey mate, i'll hang fire on applying for a slot as there are loads of new players who often don't get the opportunity, but i'll submit a vehicle rigger if you're struggling for numbers by friday.
might be worth posting a link in the "looking for a game" board on here, seems to get a lot of traffic.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Hellion

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <10-10-13/0433:34> »
Total noob (even to play by post) here happy to make a character to fill any role, as long as people are willing to help me understand what ever I don't understand and the GM is ok with it....
Its not the victors who write the history books, its the suvivors

WrongConcept

• Chummer
« Reply #7 on: <10-10-13/0911:40> »
Yay! Players!

@cr4kp0t: Sure, however i have to make this clear, Vampires in my way of seeing it have serious consequences, if you let know that you are a Vamp (normally by doing something really flashy) the full might of law enforcementent and mercenarys will fall on your head. Also i will need you to make an Essence Rol to see with how much essence  you start the game with, if your essence is lower than 2 i will make you check composure (3) each escene to avoid going completly berserk and drink the closest thing to you. If you are ok with this then go ahead! i like when players try cool concepts, however if you say you sparkle one time you will be headshoted by an emotitoy...

@Xzylvador: You wish to bring it back to life or just used as if this happened before the run at UB? because if the first i think i know what to do. If you wish to make changes as long as its rearrenging and not more Karma involved or nuyen sure why not. (if your character had unspent nuyen he can buy anything he wants, except F gear or gear with more than 28 Availability)

@MaxKojote: Sure a sniffer is always good and a Trix Sniffer well thats pretty cool! you can act as the Investigator.

@Csjarrat: Sure! thats actually very kind of you!

@Hellion: Ok lets do this, first of all are you Familiar with the Shadowrun 4th Edition Aniversary sistem of rules? If not is ok, and sure im ok with you coming along and if you need help then i will try to help you understand.

Also if you require contacts tell me, i can flesh out some concept.

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <10-10-13/0914:12> »
I have a religious kind of magician ready, will send it later via PM. He has a custom tradition, also it is possession-type, so if you have anything against those, please tell.
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

WrongConcept

• Chummer
« Reply #9 on: <10-10-13/0935:51> »
Also i forgot to write it, im fairly new to the system as a GM, if i make mistakes i will make ammends after the event, if any mistake i make harms or kills a character i will backtrack and redo the event, keeping as intact as possible the event.

@Ren: It seems cool, but post it here.

Also guys post your Character Sheets in Spoilers please!

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #10 on: <10-10-13/0952:41> »
@Xzylvador: You wish to bring it back to life or just used as if this happened before the run at UB? because if the first i think i know what to do. If you wish to make changes as long as its rearrenging and not more Karma involved or nuyen sure why not. (if your character had unspent nuyen he can buy anything he wants, except F gear or gear with more than 28 Availability)

I figured to pretend the second run (during which he died before it actually took off) just never happened. So he's got 1 run done with 11 karma and 2500Y earned.
Don't think that's ZOMG-how-did-he-get-so-powerful?!
But if it's easier to just start fresh (it looks like the rest of the characters are out-of-the-box too), that's no problem.
Q: I had a houseruled drone, its armor made it overmodified by 1slot, which Inca (GM) allowed if I paid double for the armor. Is that okay for you or not?

WrongConcept

• Chummer
« Reply #11 on: <10-10-13/1027:31> »
@Xzylvador: Sure, i will admit it because you have Vehicle Design (Drones) and the Mechanics Skill group that would allow you to know and understand how to overmod, the price stays but i will also impose a -2 dice on Infiltration test due to sheer weight. Also no fragile surfaces traversing unless you wish him to dive the hard unstoppable way. I was thinking of burning one edge point, leaving you in edge 2.

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #12 on: <10-10-13/1135:46> »
Not sure if the sheet I liked to has karma spent already or not. Will check chummer files when I get home.
Oh, one other rule thing: Program degradation of copied/hacked programs, how do you deal with this?

WrongConcept

• Chummer
« Reply #13 on: <10-10-13/1213:57> »
A Successfully Hacked program works as intended indefinetvly, if you update it, it will send all data about its modifications and you will be hunted by Copyright Lawyers that may or may not dispatch Hackers against you, if you used your Real SIN to obtain such program then be ready for a law suit, if you used a fake SIN then be ready to be exhaustively searched and hope it dosen't get burned. If you have a Glitch while hacking the program this will work uneventfully until you shut it down on wich it will revert to his previous state with no consequences until update, wich will carry the same repercusions as before with the exception that no hackers will be sent. If you critical glitch then you will warn copyright lawyers with your actual position and hope to heavens its not an A or higher corp that can and will send teams to make an example of you.

Programs will not degrade unless "Mayor Update" hits the streets, wich normally happens once every 3 or 6 months if ever, they will degrade -1 for mostly routes and file names modification, -2 Basic security updates, -3 Security rehauling.

This is my personal ruling, i don't remember if theres anything on it on SR4A or UN but will look to it and edit or respond again!

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #14 on: <10-10-13/1319:12> »
I'm not sure if you're full already, but I have a mage/investigator (ex-Lone Star who'd screwed up once and was kicked out when KE took over in Seattle).  It was for another game where I never really got in.  She's even missions legal.  :)
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"