NEWS

Conspiracy Theories

• 121 Replies

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #60 on: <11-30-11/1109:29> »
Oh, good morning. Look at that. I posted something stupid again in the middle of the night.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #61 on: <11-30-11/1123:56> »
I loves me some Metaplot, but I also love the 'behind the scenes' snippets and details of what life is like in the 6th world. If the big guys would let me, I'd release an entire book of nothing but Shadowtalk. 174 pages of Jackpointers just talking about Things. Maybe three people would buy it, but I'd die a happy guy. Somewhere around here, I have some old stuff I did up for some players, detailing how day-to-day life looks for people at different economic levels based on Lifestyle. I want to do a big writeup for GridGuide (tm) of all things, and do up a big ol' list of gear (including guns) that doesn't publish a single stat... "The following guns are functionall the same as an Ares Predator, but made by different companies. They are..." I dig Shadowrun name brands, flash media, and NERPS.

What can I say? I'm a big ol' social studies nerd. :)

I would buy all of those products.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #62 on: <11-30-11/1812:48> »
Currently working on my first-ever official product (TM) (well, okay, 4000 words of a single part, but still!) ... have to fax the ontract in tomorrow, and get the first draft to Mr Hardy for a look over.

But I'll certainly try and get more stuff made. :)

Smiley

• Omae
  • Full of bad Lulz
« Reply #63 on: <12-12-11/2058:48> »
Almost done reading Conspiracy theories and so far I liked it a lot. My GM was there, reading something else, when I shouted "HOLY SHIT!" after reading the last three paragraphs of The Powers that be / Human Nation section. Being so invested in this character I felt bad for what could have possibly have happened to him. Something tells me my GM is going to make my character regret dealing at the Penumbra for years. XD
"Fun? Frag yeah! Always is when that involves a bucket full of drek!"
-Smiley

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #64 on: <12-22-11/0601:42> »
Going over the thread and thinking about the book itself, I am actually pretty pleased with the fact that DeeCee is not really exaggerated, especially in comparison to the first half of the book. London is about Conspiracy Culture. DeeCee is about The Big Lie. So they serves as fairly open canvases even though there are definitely machinations running.

I also enjoy the response to FastJack's comment about Colloton. Mission: Accomplished.
« Last Edit: <12-22-11/0603:44> by James Meiers »

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #65 on: <12-22-11/0940:00> »
Too bad that joke didn't happen in Shadowrun.  :P

Unless another President did it.  ;)
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #66 on: <12-22-11/1319:18> »
Haeffner basically did in his state of the union speech in Target: UCAS re: Chicago.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #67 on: <12-22-11/1400:30> »
Oh, well, there you go then.

And the job was about as finished as well.  :P

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #68 on: <12-22-11/1838:35> »
Indeed. Also, Target: UCAS also came out in 1997. Another check for the predictive abilities of early Shadowrun.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #69 on: <12-22-11/1932:12> »
Unless one of Bush's staffers is a gamer...

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #70 on: <12-22-11/2145:22> »
Please, that would require imagination, something Bush obviously hated.

I mean, any legit gamer would have also insisted that an escape plan would be required.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

rasmusnicolaj

• Omae
  • Не бойся смерти
« Reply #71 on: <12-23-11/0221:52> »
Please, that would require imagination, something Bush obviously hated.

I mean, any legit gamer would have also insisted that an escape plan would be required.

Then you haven't met my group of players. Normally some pretty sharp heads but from time to time they just do without thinking and just assume that their "Briliant" masterplan is infailable so why plan for anything else?

Rasmus
Deplore killings made in the name of religion. Can't it just be for fun?

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #72 on: <12-23-11/0747:05> »
If gamers really thought out all contingencies, there would be no such thing as TPKs.

My Characters

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #73 on: <12-25-11/1755:48> »
There's never been one for my party.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

nightslasthero

• Newb
« Reply #74 on: <01-02-12/1743:34> »
I like guns and armor and stuff like that. But I got to admit I useually get a gun for the pictures as well. But overall there isn't a lot of differences in guns. Every gun in one category does basically the same amount of damage. The difference might be one of them comes with an internal smartlink where the next one gets an internal gas system. No major differences. You could spend $30 bucks buying a book of guns and get 200 pages of guns with different pictures... but still in terms of stats, the same ten or so guns as found in the main book.

One thing that sets Shadowrun apart from most other roleplaying games is the fact that there is a story going on. I think this is why Shadowrun has become my favorite roleplaying game. It does something that computer/console games can't do...it evolves. The best part is, you get to help it evolve.

I admit, I'd like more official answers...but at the sametime if those answers don't exist, then that clearly gives me the freedom to explore wherever I want, and make the decisions on my own. Maybe down the road I'll end up contradicting the "official" storyline but likely that wouldn't be a big deal. A lot of people I play with wouldn't buy every shadowrun book anyways, so they probably wouldn't have any clue what the official canon answer was.

I don't think shadowrun would be nearly as fun without the metaplot. I want to run Dawn of the Artifacts because it deals with metaplot. I like over arching campaigns that tell a story. If I wanted to a storyless game, I'd spend my cash on WOW or that hack N slash rpg game that seems so popular....

And I can't wait to get my hands on Conspiracy Theories and Street Legends ...For the metacontent they hold.