NEWS

Some Food For Thought

• 3 Replies

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« on: <06-26-16/1537:51> »
What would be the Shadowrun equivalent of "Scruffy-looking nerf herder"?
It is better to be crazy and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.

"Nothing is wrong if no one can stop you."

Remember, you're only a genius when they need you. The rest of the time you're just an asshole.

Well, drek. Looks like Timmy fell into the Dissonance Well again.

chris_m2000

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <06-28-16/0055:21> »
The closest I can think of is Rick Larson from the Nigel Findley's book Lone Wolf.

Details here:  http://shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Source:Lone_Wolf

Ashmire

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <06-28-16/1522:11> »
I was thinking the OP meant the phrase, not the person it was aimed at.  I.E., looking for Shadowslang insults.  Slightly tangential--my mother, who regularly declared Star Wars to be the perfect cure for a bad day, used to yell "Nerf-herder!!" out the window at anyone who annoyed her while driving.  Pretty sure she wasn't making a veiled compliment, though some might take it that way!

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <07-01-16/1749:01> »
I was thinking the OP meant the phrase, not the person it was aimed at.  I.E., looking for Shadowslang insults.  Slightly tangential--my mother, who regularly declared Star Wars to be the perfect cure for a bad day, used to yell "Nerf-herder!!" out the window at anyone who annoyed her while driving.  Pretty sure she wasn't making a veiled compliment, though some might take it that way!

Yea, I meant the phrase itself. Technically that phrase could be used, since that movie came out before the Shadowrun timeline deviated from ours. However, most quotes tend to evolve and change over time, so I'm wondering what it would be if you translated it to Shadowslang?
It is better to be crazy and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.

"Nothing is wrong if no one can stop you."

Remember, you're only a genius when they need you. The rest of the time you're just an asshole.

Well, drek. Looks like Timmy fell into the Dissonance Well again.