NEWS

[SRA OoC] Depths of Anarchy [2075 Game Thread]

• 112 Replies

adamu

« Reply #75 on: <12-19-16/1726:28> »
I'm not sure, is it my turn again? Should I roll for the attacks of the spirits?

Definitely your turn.

As for spirits' attacks, I think that happens on the GM's turn, and since Aria didn't I am guessing we are supposed to (when our turn comes around???).

Not really sure how many are even right near us - my own plan unless I hear otherwise is to roll the attack of the one I'm fighting when my turn comes up, then finish killing it, then see if subsequent posts give me a better idea of (1) how many flesh forms make it down the stair past Kynos and (2) how many true forms come up from the depths after us.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #76 on: <12-19-16/1734:22> »
Alright, I'll try to sort this out, but it won't be pretty: IIRC, so far we only killed about two with dice rolls.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

adamu

« Reply #77 on: <12-19-16/1951:39> »
Okay - I'll go with Jack's assumptions so I get attacked by the one I'm fighting (six boxes off) and also by another wounded one (five boxes off).

First attack on me:
attack on Al from fleshh: 7d6t5 4
My defense:
my defense: 12d6t5 6
No problem

Second attack on me:
second attack on Al: 8d6t5 4
My defense
My defense: 12d6t5 3
So now I Edge it cuz it's late and I don't want to look up more rules...
edge reroll: 9d6t5 4
So I'm fine.

My two attacks:
two attacks: 2#11d6t5 4 6
First spirit defense
spirit defense: 3d6t5 0
So I kill that one.
Second spirit's defense:
second spirit defense: 4d6t5 1
So I kill that one too.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #78 on: <12-20-16/0142:59> »
Apologies for lack of GM clarity so far, and anything resembling a D roll  ::), Run! and sick children sucked up much of my time but I will focus a bit more attention this way now!

Beginning to appreciate the 'maths problem' as Jack outlined it! As armour is a depleting resource you are probably more squishy than normal SR, hence mass combat is fast (what I wanted) but lethal (which wasn't necessarily what I wanted)...maybe plot points should recover a bit more than 1 point of armour as an option?!?
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #79 on: <12-21-16/2345:13> »
Sorry, but I can only post in the morning and at night as I have no access to the site while at work.  I do authorize anyone to roll Steel's attacks at necessary to keep the flow going.

Can someone clarify for me what I can see in the room that I can attack in my turn?  I have seen Jack's IC post, but then Al acted and apparently killed two of the wounded ones.  Is Steel in a position to attack one without stepping on his pals?
« Last Edit: <12-22-16/0154:36> by Mercy Merchant »
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #80 on: <12-22-16/0144:33> »
There's a true form that needs cutting to size...
talk think matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #81 on: <12-22-16/0206:34> »
Trueform it is, then.  Just let me know if I have the dice correct, please.  I get two attacks due to Wired Reflexes

Willpower 4 + Skill 5 + spec 2 + skillwires 2 + ambidexterity 2 = 15d6 for the attack.  Damage would be W/2 + 3 = 5 for each hit.

Where does the immunity get factored in? 

adamu

« Reply #82 on: <12-22-16/0453:27> »
Trueform it is, then.  Just let me know if I have the dice correct, please.  I get two attacks due to Wired Reflexes

Willpower 4 + Skill 5 + spec 2 + skillwires 2 + ambidexterity 2 = 15d6 for the attack.  Damage would be W/2 + 3 = 5 for each hit.

Where does the immunity get factored in?

Bad news - the Willpower-based attack has a blanket -2 mod on your dice pool
Good news - the whole point of using the Willpower version is you skip the immunity.

You can always attack it in your "regular" way, but in that case the immunity applies, automatically soaking a number of boxes of damage equal to its level.

(That's all just from memory, so possible I'm wrong.)

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #83 on: <12-22-16/0944:01> »
OK, Steel will step up and try to deal with this true form drek.

Steel Attack:  Attack: 2#13d6t5 3 3  Hmmm not so good.  This may not go well.
Bug Defense:  Defend: 2#5d6t5 2 2

Damage to bug from first attack is 6 so that deals with his armor 6.  Second attack does 6DV so bug is at 6/12 so 6 left

I am pretty sure that Vish was to go before me, so perhaps he can shoot it before I slice it?

Does the bug get both his attacks without penalty?

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #84 on: <12-23-16/0738:12> »
So, I know we haven't got that far yet... impressions of Anarchy so far?!?  Inevitably there are bits I like, others not as much... part of that is perhaps the run as much as the game...if I do another one will go for more legwork, meet and great etc I think.  But it will probably take a back seat to SR5 for a while... I think it would be better played tabletop (a luxury I no longer have).

Feel free to IC at will, forget turn order etc over Christmas, will pick things up again in the New Year and bring things to a conclusion.

Happy Christmas everyone!

A
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

adamu

« Reply #85 on: <12-23-16/0942:52> »
Whoa how fun! I recommend we chat a bit and coordinate an outline where we all rock. Maybe everyone clears the blast zone and Al blows a hole in the circle, which only delays things,  but long enough to fetch the briefcase and do jacks plan, plus insert cool moments by Deckard and Robyn keeping us alive/stalling them (before we turn this plane into a toxic dump and earn the enmity of Awakened environmentalists everywhere ).

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #86 on: <12-23-16/1047:57> »
@Anarchy

So far I'm not overly impressed with the Cue system - probably because that system needs the more immediate form of roleplay of a RL table as Aria says. Anarchy might be a bit rules lighter, but the strict turn order impedes the game's momentum pretty hard and outside combat the rules aren't really necessary.

Imho one of the great things about pbp on the forum is that you have enough time to actually look up rules and therefore use existing mechanics to their full capacity (That in turn helped my RL game performance/rules knowledge immensely). There's not much added value for Anarchy in that regard.

If I want to do just cool stuff without bothering over much with rules, the cooperative gameplay adamu and I had going for a while  with the Al/Thorn arc felt like a much more efficient solution. 

@adamu
I think you meant to post that in the Stormy Waters thread  ;)
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #87 on: <12-23-16/1743:51> »

@adamu
I think you meant to post that in the Stormy Waters thread  ;)

Doh!
Posting in a busy restaurant...

Will copy it into the other thread...

adamu

« Reply #88 on: <12-23-16/1819:58> »
So, I know we haven't got that far yet... impressions of Anarchy so far?!?  Inevitably there are bits I like, others not as much... part of that is perhaps the run as much as the game...if I do another one will go for more legwork, meet and great etc I think.  But it will probably take a back seat to SR5 for a while... I think it would be better played tabletop (a luxury I no longer have).

Feel free to IC at will, forget turn order etc over Christmas, will pick things up again in the New Year and bring things to a conclusion.

Happy Christmas everyone!

A

I pretty much don't need to answer your question, Aria, because I could basically just say 'ditto' to what you and Jack have already said.

The idea of Anarchy seems largely to be to bring some game structure to the collaborative storytelling we've been honing in our threads in your campaign. I think we've been finding that balance just fine without inserting some extaneous rules like Plot Points and Turn Order (while at the same time dumbing down the game we all love, robbing it of much of its richness).

And yes, I do agree that it could be very useful if you wanted to run as tabletop session more in the vein of collaborative storytelling. But for the PbP medium, I think it's basically unnecessary.

(Don't get me wrong - having a great time in DoA and will keep happily playing it and any sequels as long as I can!)

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #89 on: <12-26-16/1829:41> »
I think we are waiting for Vish to do something, right?  I am hoping that he was able to attack the true form and do some damage before I got my strikes in.  I rolled pretty crappy  but the thing is still -2 on attacks and it would not take much from Vish to get it to -3 before it attacks me.