NEWS

way of the adept

• 8 Replies

wylie

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« on: <04-27-11/1734:52> »
besides this sounds very familiar (Earthdawn)

Being this is a set of optional rules, will they be allowed in Missions?

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #1 on: <04-27-11/1754:01> »
I'm going to try plying Bull with liquor at Gencon, but as of right now the default answer is "no," because they're all optional rules.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #2 on: <04-27-11/1817:44> »
I'm going to try plying Bull with liquor at Gencon, but as of right now the default answer is "no," because they're all optional rules.
You do realize that he'll figure on free booze for the whole Con before giving you an answer now, right?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

wylie

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #3 on: <04-27-11/1945:57> »
You do realize that he'll figure on free booze for the whole Con before giving you an answer now, right?

and you do realize Orks can drink more then a normal, uncybered human

I figured its no, but I would like an offical response

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #4 on: <04-27-11/2021:06> »
For the time being, the answer is no, for this and any future Options book (BTW, Critias, remind me to talk with you about Way of the Adept II.  I have ideas I've had kicking around for about 15 years now).

After they've been out a while and we have a chance to evaluate them, it's possible that some (or all) of teh books may get included in the exceptions in the FAQ, but for now we need to see how well they work, how well they balance (or unbalance), etc. 

Bull

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #5 on: <04-27-11/2043:32> »

From the fine print in the bottom right on the Jackpoint page:
"Shadowrun Options - The Options line is intended to introduce new concepts, play styles, or abilities to a group. While all rules in this series go through playtest, they are not considered official, and all groups are encouraged to read and discuss them thoroughly before incorporating them into a campaign. They will not be used in official products, Missions, or allowed for tournament play."

-k

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #6 on: <04-28-11/0324:28> »
Hah!  I haven't had the chance to read the finished product yet (I looked over one of the drafts at one point).  Did't realize that was there.  Nice! 

Ten-Hex

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <04-28-11/1307:23> »
Nice work on this.

wylie

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #8 on: <04-28-11/1809:16> »

From the fine print in the bottom right on the Jackpoint page:
"Shadowrun Options - The Options line is intended to introduce new concepts, play styles, or abilities to a group. While all rules in this series go through playtest, they are not considered official, and all groups are encouraged to read and discuss them thoroughly before incorporating them into a campaign. They will not be used in official products, Missions, or allowed for tournament play."

-k

Well, there you go. in digital black & white
now Bull, whats this about hiring some runners to extract some synthhol for your contact's passenager  service.... . . . .  .  .  .