NEWS

Doing some fact checking from forbidden arcana.

• 11 Replies

cold iron

• Newb
« on: <05-27-17/0622:31> »
Firstly I want to congratulate Opti for finally getting on jackpoint. Next for the questions. During Elija's little episode Bull mentions a brother is he referring to Johnny99 or did he have an actual brother that got into drek? Also who was that friend of netcat's that had Slamm-0! so freaked out in the blood magic section? Finally who else felt the need to think of there shoes after his episode? This was not the right thing to read before bed.

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« Reply #1 on: <05-27-17/0743:45> »
During Elija's little episode Bull mentions a brother is he referring to Johnny99 or did he have an actual brother that got into drek?

Johnny99 was not Bull's biological brother (unless I missed something), he was Bull's best pal and his "brother-in-arms", so to speak. They followed Harlequin in one of his astral quests to close the Horror bridges (cf. Harlequin's Back), but Johnny99 chose to sacrifice himself to stop the Enemy. That's also the origin of Bull's intense hostility toward Harlequin, born when he realized the elf had known all along one of them would have to die.
The story is told in detail in the Bull chapter of Street Legends.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

cold iron

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <05-27-17/1302:02> »
I've been meaning to get a copy of that. Bonus question. Should we be concererned that Hestaby seemed unconcerned about the whole thing? I mean this is the kind of thing Big D would freak out a bit over as he killed him self to stop it and she is sitting there eating virtual popcorn watching the immortal elfs scrabmble like cockroaches when the lights are turned on.
« Last Edit: <05-27-17/1303:58> by cold iron »

lokii

• Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <05-27-17/1421:23> »
If she did, I would take it as a sign things might not be so bad after all.

On the other hand all of the Great Dragons besides Dunkelzahn and Arleesh seemed unconcerned about the whole Horror problem. So ...

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« Reply #4 on: <05-27-17/1833:28> »
I've been meaning to get a copy of that. Bonus question. Should we be concererned that Hestaby seemed unconcerned about the whole thing? I mean this is the kind of thing Big D would freak out a bit over as he killed him self to stop it and she is sitting there eating virtual popcorn watching the immortal elfs scrabmble like cockroaches when the lights are turned on.

Makes me wonder how old Hestaby is. Maybe she was born after the Scourge (or was too young to remember how it was). If that was the case, all she knows of the Enemy is what older Dragons have told her, and she may not entirely realize how dangerous the Horrors are. Maybe.
Or maybe she is freaked out but being a Dragon she prefers to hide what she truly thinks in the presence of other Namegiver races, so she plays it cool.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

cold iron

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <05-28-17/0023:27> »
Well she dous seem to be less politically savvy as the other greats. I was just going over her file in street legends and she seems to be a bit of the hard luck dragon. It just might be that she is the second youngest of the greats. Makes me wish that Ghostwalker was on JP just to get another dragon's option on these kind of matters. Still this being the kind of thing that makes Harliquin and Ehran put aside there age old feud to go and console a runner. Heck if Bull is asking Harliqui to be part of a conversation I know the drek has hit all the fans. I hate to be the oracle here but don't be surprised if this leads to Bull's last run. Still I think we have time. The CFD plot line should be tied up in the technomancer book. Ghost knows what will come after that.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <05-28-17/0139:32> »
During Elija's little episode Bull mentions a brother is he referring to Johnny99 or did he have an actual brother that got into drek?

Johnny99 was not Bull's biological brother (unless I missed something), he was Bull's best pal and his "brother-in-arms", so to speak. They followed Harlequin in one of his astral quests to close the Horror bridges (cf. Harlequin's Back), but Johnny99 chose to sacrifice himself to stop the Enemy. That's also the origin of Bull's intense hostility toward Harlequin, born when he realized the elf had known all along one of them would have to die.
The story is told in detail in the Bull chapter of Street Legends.

Correct! And Bull hates, *hates* Harlequin for getting his "brother" killed, but even more than THAT he hates the idea that the sacrifice would have been for nothing. If it's getting undone, if his life was thrown away and the thing comes back? That's even WORSE, so, he broke a few blood vessels and called in the Big H despite how much it cost him. There'll have to be a resolution about that at some point in time...

Harley and Wordsmith had it in control. Hestaby's well past the age when a dragon normally breeds (She and Lofwyr had a short discussion about that a while ago), but still *could* if she really needed to. She's no baby dragon. She's been moving into a role akin to the Big D's, but has also been positioning herself in support of humanity, not leading it. Don't think that her watching this quietly means that he rmental gears aren't turning. She might not have a hoard, but she still has options. The question should be "What is she planning to do about this?"

She's the Rose Quartz of Great Dragons. :D

BlackMyron

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <06-10-17/1749:07> »
Hestaby was also a late arrival to the Sixth World, as she didn't show awaken until 2053. 

Plus, the whole Aztlan discussion indicates how little some of the old-timers took the threat even after Harlequin told them what happened at the Bridge.

Senko

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <08-10-17/2109:09> »
There's also a bit of a difference between a bridge with 4 steps and one nearly completed. I should probably read harlequins back at some point. Plus Elijah has said he didn't help build the bridge and is getting help anyway.

Of course I wonder is it one bridge being built, many bridges in the astral or one bridge per forvaire?

EDIT
Oh and I the section on the horrors lurking in the dark depths of reality at the same time as I watched Annabelle Creation. It gave me some. . . . Interesting ideas.
« Last Edit: <08-10-17/2242:38> by Senko »

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <08-12-17/0426:11> »
Hestaby was also a late arrival to the Sixth World, as she didn't show awaken until 2053. 

Plus, the whole Aztlan discussion indicates how little some of the old-timers took the threat even after Harlequin told them what happened at the Bridge.
Hell, plenty have remained rather unconcerned even after Dunkelzahn's death.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <10-31-17/0947:51> »
"You know, if you keep eating like that, you're gonna get diabetes."

"Ah, that's for old people. I'll worry about that later."

"Honey, have you got that leak fixed?"

"Meh, won't rain for a few weeks. I got time."

"Hey man, what's up with your smoke alarm? It's just hanging open."
"Yeah, the batteries were dying and it kept chirping so I took 'em out. Been meaning to put 'em back in, but I never think about it."
"When did you take them out?"
".... June, I think?"
"Dude."

Opti

• Freelancer
  • Omae
« Reply #11 on: <11-01-17/1923:28> »
is it one bridge being built, many bridges in the astral or one bridge per forvaire?

Good question. I wonder if anyone is gonna poke at that bear soon... probably so.