NEWS

[SR5] Distinguish trid from reality

• 5 Replies

Bugsplatt

• Newb
« on: <12-03-16/0001:10> »
So I've got this idea about a character using trid projectors for decieving people. Without any Matrix-Perceptions or AR going on, is there a test for recognizing a trid projection as such? Core Rulebook says: "The hologram can be quite realistic, but unless you’re re-ally artistic about it, it’s pretty obvious that it’s just trid", so if you're doing your stuff right, fooling people, and maybe only for a few moments, should be possible.

Kuirem

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <12-03-16/0748:33> »
The only rule I can think about something like that is in Rigger 5 for the Enhanced Image Screens modification:

Quote from: Rigger 5, 170
Theses images are hyper realistic and can be used to project a false image of the outside world in an attempt to deceive passengers. A Perception Test with a –4 penalty is required to notice that the images are false.

You could use Electronic Paper to do something similar. For Trid Projection though it will be much harder to make something realistic though.

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <12-03-16/0824:19> »
Holo Projector: This device projects a trideo hologram into any open space within 5 meters. Though holos can be quite realistic, a Perception + Intuition (2) Test is usually sufficient to distinguish a hologram from a real object or person.
This is the 4e entry.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #3 on: <12-03-16/1440:32> »
It would be a perception test with of a threshold of 2 to 4, depending on circumstances, IMO..
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Bugsplatt

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <12-04-16/0946:22> »
Okay, thanks for the input

Adamo1618

« Reply #5 on: <12-04-16/1603:24> »
Oppose the Perception test with an Artisan test?