NEWS

Sixth World Comedians

• 55 Replies

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #45 on: <02-22-11/1443:47> »
I imagine a comic routine with a dwarf and a Sasquatch...kind of like Jay and Silent Bob...except the Sasquatch makes noises and mimics different sounds which the dwarf understands and riffs off of.  Dang....i think i'm gonna use that in a shadowrun.  Like they could be called Hans and Lenny or something.  Like Lenny the sasquatch does all the sound effects for Hans's jokes and they just improvise off each other.  Another twist on that would be that they were huge in 2050 and they totally fell into obscurity and there's some eccentric dragon out there of good taste who's dream it is to bring the old duo back together and the team has to find out what's happened with their lives and convince them to get back together in return for a nice fat chunk of oricalcum.  Maybe they had a falling out!  Maybe it was over money.  Or maybe it was something silly....like Like Lenny wouldn't stop making a Chubaca growl and Hans finally quit because he hated that old vintage flick.  Most likely the best falling out is that corporate interests were trying to tempt Lenny the sasquatch to kick Hans to the curb and go solo and be in the sims and all that.  Maybe Lenny agreed but the solo thing never worked out and he ended up a chiphead radio DJ....and Hans remained hurt and resented at Lenny's betrayal :)  Hey this shadowrun just writes itself!

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #46 on: <02-22-11/1704:28> »
Just because I love giving out ideas like this...  And it's in my stories anyhow...

Sam was a Rabbi that inherited a tenement after his brother (Who was a Dwarf) died in the Night of Rage warehouse burning, and had a Deli on the ground floor.  Fast forward a few years, and Sam found a sealed off basement that connected the buildings on the entire block.  Crash 2.0 happened, and he found a bunch of doctors that had their SINs corrupted/erased.  Two-and-two make a shadow clinic for the masses.  He also has one floor blocked off from the regular stairwells as a recovery ward.  And, yes, he does hold temple services still, and is probably the closest thing that some Shadowrunners have to a Holy Man willing to look out for their souls and listen to them.

The place never had an official name, and "Sam's Surgery and Deli" was born.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Rockopolis

• Omae
  • Severe Shadowrun Addiction
« Reply #47 on: <02-22-11/1740:34> »
That's pretty cool.
Shadowrunners are reminded that the Fashion Police are a real organization and will they will be deployed at the first sign of defiance.
Mossy the Mentat Looking for a game.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #48 on: <02-22-11/1744:10> »
Going to start a new thread about this, so I don't take up this one.

Now, back to the funnymen!

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

aimlessfreak

• Chummer
« Reply #49 on: <02-22-11/2106:26> »
Just because I love giving out ideas like this...  And it's in my stories anyhow...

Sam was a Rabbi that inherited a tenement after his brother (Who was a Dwarf) died in the Night of Rage warehouse burning, and had a Deli on the ground floor.  Fast forward a few years, and Sam found a sealed off basement that connected the buildings on the entire block.  Crash 2.0 happened, and he found a bunch of doctors that had their SINs corrupted/erased.  Two-and-two make a shadow clinic for the masses.  He also has one floor blocked off from the regular stairwells as a recovery ward.  And, yes, he does hold temple services still, and is probably the closest thing that some Shadowrunners have to a Holy Man willing to look out for their souls and listen to them.

The place never had an official name, and "Sam's Surgery and Deli" was born.

You know i might just steal this for my game if you don't mind
But I didn't know he was a DRAGON!

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #50 on: <02-22-11/2116:11> »
Adding flavor to the Hans & Lenny storyline, it would be cool if Hans's jokes poked fun at corporate culture and were a little bit too subversive.  Media corps didn't like this and thus decided to convince Lenny to kick Hans to the curb and go solo since Lenny was just a bunch of sound effects minus the whole anti-corp jokes thing.  So if Hans comes back, there's a few corp players which don't want his whole anti-corp act, which people love...even corp types can't help busting a gut, to take off again.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #51 on: <02-22-11/2328:47> »
I'm picturing something along the lines of Martin/Lewis, where Hans is Dean Martin and Lenny is Jerry Lewis. Lenny is the wacky comedian everybody loves and hits it big in the sims, while Hans is the straight man that drops out to pursue his singing career. By 2072, Lenny is hosting charity events and a mutual friend brings them back together one last time.

Now, the great thing is that the runners have to protect Hans since Lenny's charity runs on live trideo, broadcast by Aztechnology. But the Azzies don't want Hans appearing since he's a bit mouthy about a former deal the two performers cut together back in the 50's which resulted in the accidental poison deaths of a couple dozen ork kids in Redmond. Lenny felt it was an accident, but Hans had some 'runners check it out and discovered that there was some "inconsistencies" in the medical examiner's reports about the levels of harmful agents in their bodies. The only thing keeping Hans safe right now is that he's got the info, but has never shared it with anyone, even Lenny. The Azzies suspect (rightly so) that Hans is getting back with Lenny to give him the evidence live and on-air. Especially since the "accident" is what inspired Lenny's charity work in the first place.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #52 on: <02-23-11/0000:59> »
Sammy Davis, Jr. as a Troll.  A one-eyed, short, black Jew just suddenly became something to fear!   :P

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

aimlessfreak

• Chummer
« Reply #53 on: <02-23-11/0047:01> »
Sammy Davis, Jr. as a Troll.  A one-eyed, short, black Jew just suddenly became something to fear!   :P

So would Frank Sinatra be a singing elf, with mob connections?

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #54 on: <02-23-11/0057:10> »
Yes.  And John Wayne would be...  John Wayne.  He doesn't even need to be anything but human to be The Duke!

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

aimlessfreak

• Chummer
« Reply #55 on: <02-23-11/0058:38> »
Yes.  And John Wayne would be...  John Wayne.  He doesn't even need to be anything but human to be The Duke!

Just gotta watch out for all the wanna be use a Duke personafix