NEWS

Login/Logout

• 3 Replies

Tonatiuh

• Chummer
  • ¡Viva Aztlan!
« on: <10-22-11/2224:23> »
Hey all,

Not that it matters much, but "login" and "logout" are nouns (even though they should be hyphenated anyway), while "log in" and "log out" are verbs. Was it intentional to make the links to log in and out nouns instead of verbs? I mean, it really doesn't matter much, but I figure it would be a better idea to bring it up to you guys than huge forums such as Facebook, because you guys might actually do something lol.

So, just to clarify in the case that my language is too contrived (I have that issue often), I think it should be "log in" at the log-in screen, and the log-out link should read "log out". Am I wrong?  :-\

Thanks,
Alejandro

P.S. I only feel merited in writing such a "Grammar Nazi" post because I feel like everyone's thoughts, even newbs', are valued here at Jackpoint.  :D
Current campaign WIP.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #1 on: <10-23-11/0144:10> »
It's just the standard that came with the Forum pages. Never really noticed myself.

Phylos Fett

• Omae
  • Kind-of A Freelancer...
« Reply #2 on: <10-23-11/0359:30> »
Like anything with the evolving nature of the English language, give it a couple of years and they'll be nouns or verbs, based on context. Seems the norm now, that so long as everyone understands what you mean, that is what a word/expression means. There's glory for you!

Tonatiuh

• Chummer
  • ¡Viva Aztlan!
« Reply #3 on: <10-23-11/0912:04> »
Cool. Thanks guys.

Makes a lot of sense, what you said, Phylos.
Current campaign WIP.