NEWS

2050 Shadowrun PDF is out

• 64 Replies

Teutonic Overlord

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #30 on: <07-18-12/2233:13> »
The stuff that I am not happy with comes from PC creation guidelines. Or the lack of them:( there is a smallish paragraph that pretty much says use SR4a and there is no Technomancers. Nothing is said about Race types, qualities, if the starting funds are larger or not. Even when I am not playing I have always kept up with the game and it's story line. But there could be massive numbers of players and GM's only knowing about the current arc. So Joe or Jane smith could go about make a changeling street Sam and try to sit down at the game table. Where I would know that they came with the comet and restrict myself normally. This is information I feel should have been in the book.
Dunno. Applying the SR4a sourcebooks to this directly would be troublesome at best, and last time i checked changelings and such are not in SR4a directly.

Thing is you will find SR4a Sourcebook qualities on there Archtypes. So I know that the intent was to include some of all the content published to date.

I think I have not been clear on the positive sides of the book, it is well written. It has great new fluff for the three cities found inside (instead of allot of information from original sourcebooks creeping back inside). Fiction's are great reads, leaving me hoping novel will follow regarding the people involved.

My one massive hick up is that without some way to balance the money issue for the other Archtypes you could not sit down at a table with this product and SR4a and run a game.  After creating a PC with expanded funds (1,000,000) I found you get a Street Sam who is to strong. spending 688K (I do not think I added the eyes ears and link to this) he ends up with inhancements of Muscle Toner and augmentation level 4 (w/ restricted gearx2), Synaptic booster level 3, pain editor, supra thyroid gland, Dermal plating level 3 [Alpha] (no need for Restricted gear for these), cyber eyes and ears, Smart link. This is so much more then what you would get in 2072...... so I am not sure what to do?

PS: please excuse spelling, need to run of to Doc appointment and did not have time to spell check in word.

I just ran the numbers real quick with SR1 SB and Shadowtech...you can get all that for 609k...but you would have exceeded your Body Index if you were a human due to all to Bioware...also synaptic boosters are max of lvl 2 in SR1.  Back then we had essence and body index.
Ray Rigel
Former Shadowrun Missions Developer and Event Coordinator
Catalyst Demo Team

Frankie the Fomori

• Omae
« Reply #31 on: <07-19-12/0126:34> »
Okay, I pulled apart the Street Sam Tonight: All up he was 356BP without Resources(8/13 Archetypes had edge. Street Sam did not so I averaged the combat types that had edge and it came to three). His gear came out to 478,000. If i got his Edge right it comes out to 10,863.63 per BP. Now i will run 1 Edge through 5 Edge to see if any of them come out to a whole number.

Edge 1: 7,468.75 per BP (64 BP)
Edge 2: 8,851.85 (54 BP)
Edge 3: 10,863.63 (44 BP)
Edge 4: 14,058.82 (34BP)
Edge 5: 19,916.66 (24BP)

Now Rounding 480K
Edge 1: 7,500 per BP (64 BP)
Edge 2: 8,888.88 (54 BP)
Edge 3: 10,909.09(44 BP)
Edge 4: 14,117.64 (34BP)
Edge 5: 20K per BP (24BP)

Edit: Will need add 30K because i forgot to add lifestyle :(
Any feedback?

I will work up another Archtype another day. Good night.
« Last Edit: <07-19-12/0319:05> by Frankie the Fomori »

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #32 on: <07-19-12/0415:02> »
I am confused, Frankie...why are you calculating in Edge to determine things? I would think the BP for money would be a flat
amount?

Frankie the Fomori

• Omae
« Reply #33 on: <07-19-12/1048:01> »
I tried to figure out total BP spent on the Whole PC. Then I would have a ball park figure of BP used on gear.

DarkLloyd

• Ace Runner
  • Stupidity this Good takes TEAMWORK.
« Reply #34 on: <07-19-12/1050:51> »
yeah. can we just get the flat numbers?

Also to address the money problem, just double the amount of cash allowed in chargen. (what I will do. this version recreates the sammie allocating more resources to cash as it east up more BP's)
Or keep the max points you can spend on resources at 50 but double the amount you get for each point.
Runing the shadows since '90
If you can't Dazzle them with STYLE, Riddle them with BULLETS.
"Sometimes we do the right thing.  Sometimes we shoot people in the face for money."-CanRay
"Sometimes those are the same thing."-Mirikon

Missions Characters:
ChromeMonger - Sam
Blanco Diablo - Adept

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #35 on: <07-19-12/1116:09> »
I tried to figure out total BP spent on the Whole PC. Then I would have a ball park figure of BP used on gear.

That does not explain the fractional numbers for the Edge.
Frankly, I think if you calculate everything but the money BP, then you can figure out how many BP were used for the
money, and how much money was spent, and thus divide the amounts...

I do not see how Edge, which, like any other attribute, is 10 BP per point...there is no fractional cost per point of Edge.

Frankie the Fomori

• Omae
« Reply #36 on: <07-19-12/1147:40> »
I think I was not clear in how I wrote the thing down...it was late last night.

There was no Edge given in the Archetype I had to assume how much BP was spent on it. I was just covering all my bases with Edge ATT from 1 through 5 would leave that amount of BP available for resources left over. I think what I did last night just made thing a bit more confusing :(.

I think my Final choice was to go with 10K per BP for resources. It allows for a strong Street Sam, the Rigger can afford vehicles and Drones, and the Decker starts out with a decent Deck. 

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #37 on: <07-22-12/1709:46> »
The stuff that I am not happy with comes from PC creation guidelines. Or the lack of them:( there is a smallish paragraph that pretty much says use SR4a and there is no Technomancers. Nothing is said about Race types, qualities, if the starting funds are larger or not. Even when I am not playing I have always kept up with the game and it's story line. But there could be massive numbers of players and GM's only knowing about the current arc. So Joe or Jane smith could go about make a changeling street Sam and try to sit down at the game table. Where I would know that they came with the comet and restrict myself normally. This is information I feel should have been in the book.
Dunno. Applying the SR4a sourcebooks to this directly would be troublesome at best, and last time i checked changelings and such are not in SR4a directly.
Except the book itself contains references to multiple sourcebooks allready, so their definedly ment to go together.
"An it harm none, do what you will"

wylie

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #38 on: <07-24-12/1303:33> »
the archtypes were built with SR4A rules, not 1st Ed.
I worked 2 characters through Chummers, and they balanced out pretty close to the SR 2050.

so, the 10,000 nuyen per point is wrong.
quote from the PDF:
A Note on Characters
If you are creating a new character for use in
Shadowrun 2050, in general the SR4A rules will serve
you well. Use only the gear in this book, remember
that technomancers don’t exist yet, and also note the
available programs and utilities in the Matrix chapter.
If you want to bring your existing character into the
2050 setting, remember that time-travel does not
exist in the Sixth World, so you’ll be bending the laws
of reality to do so. But if you must call on the power
of house rules to make the shift, use the latter portion
of this book to adjust your character’s gear, magic
tradition, and program load-out appropriately. Note,
though, that if your character is a technomancer and
attempts to play in 2050, they disappear in a puff of
smoke. Even house rules can only do so much.

I would suggest that you use the SR 2050 as a guide on what is and is not avaible.

on the edge, I am not sure. using the writeups as a guide, as some do have edge and others are not listed, humans start with 3 edge and trolls, orks, dwaves, and elves start with 2 edge, unless other wise noted. I see the burned out mage has 5 (3), odd

just make a character as if in 2070, using the equipment and magic limits in SR 2050. once play starts, you have to deal with 2050 prices and avaibilty

anyone got a better idea?

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #39 on: <07-24-12/1307:15> »
the archtypes were built with SR4A rules, not 1st Ed.
I worked 2 characters through Chummers, and they balanced out pretty close to the SR 2050.

so, the 10,000 nuyen per point is wrong.
quote from the PDF:
A Note on Characters
If you are creating a new character for use in
Shadowrun 2050, in general the SR4A rules will serve
you well. Use only the gear in this book, remember
that technomancers don’t exist yet, and also note the
available programs and utilities in the Matrix chapter.
If you want to bring your existing character into the
2050 setting, remember that time-travel does not
exist in the Sixth World, so you’ll be bending the laws
of reality to do so. But if you must call on the power
of house rules to make the shift, use the latter portion
of this book to adjust your character’s gear, magic
tradition, and program load-out appropriately. Note,
though, that if your character is a technomancer and
attempts to play in 2050, they disappear in a puff of
smoke. Even house rules can only do so much.

I would suggest that you use the SR 2050 as a guide on what is and is not avaible.

on the edge, I am not sure. using the writeups as a guide, as some do have edge and others are not listed, humans start with 3 edge and trolls, orks, dwaves, and elves start with 2 edge, unless other wise noted. I see the burned out mage has 5 (3), odd

just make a character as if in 2070, using the equipment and magic limits in SR 2050. once play starts, you have to deal with 2050 prices and avaibilty

anyone got a better idea?

The additional nuyen is needed, since when building characters for 2050 use, you use the prices of gear found in that book (otherwise the prices would not be there). Using the SR4A rules is for the rest of the character (qualities, attributes, skills, contacts, etc.).
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Mason

• Ace Runner
  • You don't know as many spells as I do, omae!
« Reply #40 on: <07-24-12/1309:35> »
The additional nuyen is needed only if you want to have stronger street samurai and deckers, and better foci for magical types. Bear in mind that nuyen rewards in the 2050s were outrageous, comparatively speaking.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #41 on: <07-24-12/1312:24> »
The additional nuyen is needed only if you want to have stronger street samurai and deckers, and better foci for magical types. Bear in mind that nuyen rewards in the 2050s were outrageous, comparatively speaking.

Also needed if some play the archetypes in the 2050 book, or do you like the idea of the ones playing the archetypes having gear and implants valued at almost double what the scratch built characters have?

wylie

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #42 on: <07-24-12/1349:30> »
I just bet that when the archtypes were created, they were created using 2070 prices
but that is my opinion

until we can get a Dev's word in here, its guess work on what they were thinking when they put the book together

Mason

• Ace Runner
  • You don't know as many spells as I do, omae!
« Reply #43 on: <07-24-12/1422:39> »

Also needed if some play the archetypes in the 2050 book, or do you like the idea of the ones playing the archetypes having gear and implants valued at almost double what the scratch built characters have?

I haven't read the archetypes yet, but it sounds like a mistake the writers made.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #44 on: <07-24-12/1427:24> »

Pay particular attention to the Street Samurai with its Alpha ware Wired Reflexes 2. That alone using the prices in the 2050 book is more than the normal SR4A resource maximum.
I haven't read the archetypes yet, but it sounds like a mistake the writers made.