NEWS

Addiction: Alcohol

• 4 Replies

忍

« on: <05-24-18/1848:53> »
First, I seem to remember Alcohol having a Rating and Threshold in maybe a splatbook. Maybe I'm just a headcase. Anyone got any stats for alcohol?

Second, How would you GM such an addiction? I know core mentions in passing a -2 for being drunk, but what other nuances would you incorporate?

Sphinx

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #1 on: <05-24-18/1907:43> »
First, I seem to remember Alcohol having a Rating and Threshold in maybe a splatbook. Maybe I'm just a headcase. Anyone got any stats for alcohol?

Addiction Rating 3, Addiction Threshold 2. It's in the core rulebook on the Addiction Table, p.414.

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <05-24-18/1922:46> »
Addiction rules are a disaster which I started to try to fix, but haven't worked on it lately.
Really need to do that.
Nothing is foolproof. Fools are so ingenious.

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #3 on: <05-24-18/1923:06> »
I think it's the 2nd or 3rd season of leverage, where drinking get out of hand.

There lots of direction to go, but the bottom line is, do you really want someone who blackout drunk on the run with you?
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Cabral

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <05-24-18/2239:51> »
Addiction rules are a disaster which I started to try to fix, but haven't worked on it lately.
Really need to do that.
My fix for addiction rules is that it is always a player decision as to whether an addiction starts or worsens (in exchange for karma). It is just a theoretical house rule since it's been a long time since I ran a game.