NEWS

Chemistry (Technical Skill) vs. Chemistry (Academic Skill)

• 2 Replies

Gorstavich

• Newb
« on: <05-18-18/0136:22> »
So... yes, please, what is the difference?  I'm poking at a character concept that involves decent Pharmaceutical knowledge (creation, analysis of use, etc) and aren't sure how to proceed.
"ZenCrafters.  Total enlightenment... in about an hour!"

Stoneglobe

• Omae
  • Drug Addled Console Cowboy
« Reply #1 on: <05-18-18/0151:08> »
If you're intending the character to actually manufacture their own drugs, explosives etc then you will need to have it as an active skill (and I would allow you to use it as a knowledge skill as well) whilst if you just intend the character to have academic/theoretical knowledge with no practical application of it then take the knowledge skill. if you want high theory but limited practical ability then take both with the knowledge skill being high and only 1 or 2 points in the active skill.
´Wonderful´, the Flatline said,´I never did like to do anything simple when I could do it ass-backwards.´ - William Gibson, Neuromancer
“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.” - William Gibson

Gorstavich

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <05-18-18/0158:58> »
Thank you Stoneglobe.  Sounds like I need the Active Skill version to make this character's concept / story work.  Blarg.  Yet another active skill to put points into.   :o
"ZenCrafters.  Total enlightenment... in about an hour!"