NEWS

Forbidden Arcana Errata

• 74 Replies

Orudeon

• Newb
« Reply #45 on: <07-28-17/1848:58> »
Planar Entity mentor spirit (p. 95) has "Similar Archetypes: None", but Dark King, Moon, Oak, Stag, and Great Mother don't have any similar archetypes -- not even "none" listed. The phrase at the end of the disadvantages section is completely absent.

Sphinx

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #46 on: <08-02-17/1557:08> »
Suggested corrections ...

Everywhere: change “Unified Magical Theory” and “Universal Magic Theory” to “Unified Magic Theory”
Page 5, change “a little than the people” to “a little more than the people” (insert “more”)
Page 7, change “use and extend” to “use to extend”
Page 7, change “The lady’s restroom” to “The ladies’ restroom” (plural possessive)
Page 8, lowercase and italicize “trés chic
Page 9, change “The ganger that” to “The ganger who
Page 9, change “nothing emerged” to “no one emerged.”
Page 16, change “dressed different than Mr. Collins usually does” to “dressed oddly for Mr. Collins,”
Page 17, use parentheses in pairs: “either (A) … or (B) …”
Page 17, change “a lot of guys there that are really” to “a lot of guys there are really” (delete “that”)
Page 37 (Flesh Sculptor), change “Flesh Sculpter” to “Flesh Sculptor” (twice here, also in the TOC on p.2)
Page 37 (Flesh Sculptor), change “Spell: Shapechange or (Critter) Form” to “the Shapechange or (Critter) Form spell”
Page 38 (Mage Hunter), change “15 KARMA” to “15 KARMA PER LEVEL (MAXIMUM 3)”
Page 38 (Missile Deflector), change Minimum Requirements to “Missile Parry (1) and Counterstrike adept powers”
Page 43 (Hedge Witch/Wizard), change “teir aptitude” to “their aptitude”
Page 43 (Null Wizard), change “Spell Resistance quality” to “Spell Resistance adept power (2 levels)” or “Magic Resistance quality (2 levels)”
Page 43 (Seer), change “those that can astrally project” to “those who can astrally project”
Page 43 (Seer), change “(p. 145, Street Grimoire)” to “(p. 144, Street Grimoire)”
Page 43 (Seer), change “(p. 158, Street Grimoire)” to “(p. 155, Street Grimoire)”
Page 46 (Harmonious Defense), add “Requirement: Astral Perception adept power”
Page 47 (Aspected Awakened Abilities table), in the Perception column, Mystic Adepts row, change the “X” to a “†” (dagger symbol)
Page 47 (Aspected Awakened Abilities table), in the first footnote, change “Physical adepts” to “Adepts and Mystic Adepts”
Page 48 (Mentor table), in the Shaman column, change “Ma” to “Man” (twice)
Page 49 (Growth), change “Body, Agility, Reflex, and Strength” to “Body, Agility, Reaction, and Strength”
Page 52 (Necro Summoning), change “corpse cadavre” to “corps cadavre” (twice)
Page 52 (Necro Summoning), change “vessell” to “vessel” (one L)
Page 56, italicize “Two Sisters” (twice) and “Girl with a Pearl Earring
Page 62 (Buddhist Tradition), use parentheses in pairs: “(1) … (2) … (3) … (4) …”
Page 65 (Druidic Tradition), change “Drain: Willpower + Charisma” to “Drain: Willpower + Intuition
Page 68 (Norse Tradition), change “Drain: Willpower + Charisma” to “Drain: Willpower + Logic
Page 72 (Djinn Rules), italicize “Street Grimoire
Page 76 (Cosmic Mage Rules), change “Preferred Spells ist” to “Preferred Spells list
Page 81 (Missionists), change “need to lei low” to “need to lie low”
Page 86 (Role-Playing a Pariah), change “dwarves” to “dwarfs”
Page 87 (Path of Pariah, Notable Teachers), change “help other overcome” to “help others overcome”
Page 88 (Planar Magic, Ideals), change “Earth and our universe is” to “Earth and our universe are
Page 90 (Romani Tradition, Related Mentor Spirits), change “Wild Huntsman” to “Wise Warrior”
Page 99 (Moon, Advantages), change “3 levels of Stillness” to “2 levels of Stillness”
Page 99 (Moon, Disadvantages), change “Followers of the Moon” to “Followers of Moon” (delete “the”)
Page 99 (Moon, Disadvantages), change “Composure (6) Test” to “Charisma + Willpower (3) Test”
Page 99 (Stag, Disadvantages), change “especially to those” to “especially from those”
Page 99 (Stag, Disadvantages), change “deman satisfaction” to “demand satisfaction”
Page 100 (Spider, Advantages), change “Gain 2 free levels of Spirit Claw” to “Gain Spirit Claw for free” (Spirit Claw doesn’t have levels)
Page 101 (Hybrid Traditions), change “he should would be a shaman” to “he would be a shaman” (delete “should”)
Page 101 (Way of Unified Mana), change “Jujutsu” to “Jujitsu”
Page 103 (Magical Demographics), change “there’s seven mages” to “there are five mages”
Page 103 (Magical Demographics), change “Six out of seven of those” to “Four out of those five”
Page 103 (Magical Demographics), change “1,414” and “8,849” to “3,000” and “12,000” respectively (0.1% and 0.4% of Seattle’s population, which should be 3,000,000+ according to Seattle 2072 [p.8] and New Seattle [p.14] … adjust these figures upward some random amount for verisimilitude, and because magicians are supposed to gather in cities)
Page 105 (Traditional Demographics), change “Due to raw population figures” to “In spite of raw population figures” (Icarus’ list doesn’t correspond to populations)
Page 105 (For Every 10,000 People), change “There are ten full mages, most commonly a hermetic or a shaman; or a physical mage.” to “There are ten full magicians, including one mystic adept.” (traditions will vary by region)
Page 105 (Of Those Forty Aspected Magicians), change “eight physical adepts” to “twelve physical adepts” (the list of forty aspected magicians only adds up to 36, and physads should be more common than other aspected types)
Page 121 (Crimson Crystals), change “XXL” to “2XL” (twice)
Page 126 (Corpse Explosion), change “(Blood, Direct, Elemental)” to “(Blood, Indirect, Elemental)”
Page 138 (Breath of the Wild), change “Algonquin” to “Algonkian” (see Sixth World Almanac, Shadows of North America)
Page 140, change “centering him” to “centering himself
Page 141, change “Wolf calibrated is tone” to “Wolf calibrated his tone”
Page 141, change “Weakness may get” to “Weakness could get”
Page 141, change “death might have been” to “death might be
Page 141, change “multiplyied” to “multiplied”
Page 141, change “Cuddle” to “Huddle”
Page 141, change “was the sound” to “were the sound”
Page 141, change “That was bad enough,” to “These were bad enough,”
Page 143 (UMT), change “Universal Magical Theory” to “Unified Magic Theory”
Page 143 (UMT), change “more sources of magic UMT accounts for” to “more sources of magic than UMT accounts for” (insert “than”)
Page 143 (UMT), change “loathe” to “loath”
Page 143 (Where does magic come from?), change “It doesn’t come from anything.” to “It doesn’t come from anywhere.”
Page 144 (Where does magic come from?), hyphenate “oh-so-happy”
Page 144 (Where does magic come from?), change “has yet been approached” to “has yet to be approached”
Page 146 (Where does magic come from?), change “filled with pants” to “filled with plants
Page 147 (Where does magic come from?), change “have keep anyone” to “have kept anyone”
Page 147 (Where does magic come from?), change “daring one another” to “daring each other
Page 148 (Where does magic go?), change “nana ebbs and voids” to “mana ebbs and voids”
Page 148 (Where does magic go?), change “it also covers” to “they also cover”
Page 148 (Where does magic go?), change “Teseteoinestea” to “Tesetelinestéa” (see Tir Tairngire)
Page 148 (Where does magic go?), change “being gunned done” to “being gunned down
Page 148 (Where does magic go?), change “siminar” to “seminar”
Page 148 (Where does magic go?), change “thirty kilometers miles from there” to “thirty kilometers from there” (delete “miles”)
Page 149 (Wild Spirits), change “both yourself and your apprentice” to “both you and your apprentice”
Page 151 (Wild Spirits), change “a rat shaman that could” to “a rat shaman who could”
Page 151 (Wild Spirits), change “whatever” to “wherever”
Page 152 (Spirits of the Land), change “Aethernaut” to “Ethernaut”
Page 153 (Spirits of the Winds), change “quiet poorly understood” to “quite poorly understood.
Page 154 (Spirits of the Waters), change “loathe” to “loath”
Page 154 (Spirits of the Waters), change “September 19th” to “September 19
Page 159 (Wild Urban Spirits), change “loathe” to “loath”
Page 159 (Spirits of Ceramics), change “form or short” to “form of short”
Page 159 (Spirits of Ceramics), change “mathematical-oriented” to “mathematically oriented”
Page 160 (Spirits of Metal), change “coper” to “copper”
Page 160 (Spirits of Metal), change “at home in in agricultural” to “at home in an agricultural”
Page 160 (Spirits of Metal), change “take a compact” to “take compact” (delete “a”)
Page 160 (Spirits of Metal), change “this lead to generations” to “this led to generations”
Page 162 (Vehicles of the Sea), change “seeking the treasurers” to “seeking treasure
Page 162 (Vehicles of the Sea), change “as being populated with” to “crewed by”
Page 162 (Vehicles of the Sea), hyphenate “through-and-through”
Page 162 (Vehicles of the Sea), change “people that are terrified” to “people who are terrified”
Page 163 (Vehicles of the Sea), change “C106 Atzcapotzalco” to “BAA Atzcapotzalco (C106)”
Page 163 (Vehicles of the Sea), change “Gulf of Aztlan” to “Gulf of Mexico
Page 163 (Vehicles of the Sea), change “Once is an accident” to “One is an accident”
Page 163 (Vehicles of the Land), change “buy tickets from” to “buy tickets” (delete “from”)
Page 163 (Vehicles of the Land), change “Last time he, wound up” to “Last time, he wound up” (move comma)
Page 164 (Vehicles of the Land), change “Lastly are the car spirits” to “Last are the car spirits”
Page 165 (Hermetic Elementals), change “four elements that you’ve seen with air, earth, fire, and water,” to “four elements of air, earth, fire, and water,”
Page 165 (Hermetic Elementals), change “sat down by Aristotle” to “set down by Aristotle”
Page 165 (Hermetic Elementals), change “the lack of an aether” to “the absence of aether”
Page 168 (Platonic concepts), change “Azt-Am War” to “Az-Am War”
Page 169 (In Closing), change “tradeoffs” to “tradeoff’s” (insert apostrophe, contraction of “tradeoff is”)
Page 170 (In Closing), change “fovae, magical nullspace that’s only been found” to “foveae, magical nullspaces that have only been found”
Page 172 (In Closing), change “McAllister” to “MacCallister”
Page 172 (In Closing), change “Why the frag would think that?” to “Why the frag would you think that?” (insert “you”)
Page 174 (In Closing), change “McAllister” to “MacCallister”
Page 175 (In Closing), change “Taa!” to “Ta!”
Page 175 (Wild Reputation), change “Reputatiom” to “Reputation”
Page 177 (Dealing with Wild Spirits), change “almost all anywhere” to “almost anywhere” (delete “all”)
Page 177 (Dealing with Wild Spirits), change “both the character and spirit’s astral signature” to “both the character’s and spirit’s astral signatures
Page 177 (Dealing with Wild Spirits), change “what Rating of a spirit marker” to “the Rating of the spirit marker”
Page 181 (Hermetic Elementals), change “never generates” to “never generate
Page 181 (Hermetic Elementals), change “any mage that can summon” to “any magician who can summon” (twice)
Page 181 (Spirits as Contacts), change “Upkeeping” to “Keeping up”
Page 182 (Optional Rules), change “gamemasters that wish” to “gamemasters who wish”
Page 182 (The Mentor’s Mask), change “may chose” to “may choose.”
Page 182 (The Mentor’s Mask), change “generate a mask” to “generates a mask”
Page 194 (Alchemical Duct Tape), italicize “Street Grimoire
Page 202 (Insect Magic), change “the population small enough” to “the population is small enough” (insert “is”)

Tai-Pan

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
  • Everything is better with lube.
« Reply #47 on: <08-26-17/0010:31> »
Romani tradition points towards Wild Hunstman as a mentor spirit many Romani follow. I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Related, but was their drain code of Willpower + Willpower intended?

I agree Willpower + Willpower seems strong... but we are a stubborn people.
Troll bioadept with a throwing knife and a lube grenade looking for a good time.

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #48 on: <08-26-17/1738:22> »
Whew...  Just a heads up to let you guys know I'm reading this and trying to bring up anything I missed (save for spelling/grammar errors, I'm not focusing on those) to the threads on this awful book I've made for the errata team.  I wrote a whole lot, and there's still a lot in here referencing stuff I haven't gotten to yet (like the spirit and alchemy chapters) and things I missed.  So, thank you.

By the way Reshy, I had a good laugh at the idea of a character walking up to a bouncer and the bouncer finding out that they are horribly in debt and have an active bounty on their head purely by their aura.  Who needs mind reading?  The aura tells all!
« Last Edit: <08-26-17/1752:31> by firebug »
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

Senko

• Ace Runner
« Reply #49 on: <08-29-17/2116:10> »
Whew...  Just a heads up to let you guys know I'm reading this and trying to bring up anything I missed (save for spelling/grammar errors, I'm not focusing on those) to the threads on this awful book I've made for the errata team.  I wrote a whole lot, and there's still a lot in here referencing stuff I haven't gotten to yet (like the spirit and alchemy chapters) and things I missed.  So, thank you.

By the way Reshy, I had a good laugh at the idea of a character walking up to a bouncer and the bouncer finding out that they are horribly in debt and have an active bounty on their head purely by their aura.  Who needs mind reading?  The aura tells all!

Yet it doesn't reveal that this time he genuinely is onto a sure thing and the deal he's here to make will legally earn him enough to not only pay off his bounty and debts but also retire in comfort, so they don't let him in and he misses his big break.

Seriously SIN, day job, debt and other qualities probably shouldn't be in the same aura viewing boat as ones like astral beacon or human looking.

cndblank

• Newb
« Reply #50 on: <09-05-17/2047:31> »

So do get the reduced drain, how much reagents are needed?
One per force of spell or Spirit?

Thanks

REFINED REAGENTS
These reagents have undergone the refinement
process and have attained a new level of power.
• Reduce drain by 2 for tests using skills in
the Sorcery group.
• Reduce drain by 1 for binding.
• Raises limit by 5 for all tests using Magic.
• Create Magical Compounds (p. 219, Street
Grimoire).
• Create radical reagents (p. 210, Street Gri-
moire) (requires 10 drams to be refined into
a single dram of radical reagent).

Bump
« Last Edit: <10-18-17/1938:47> by cndblank »

Gratuitous Boom

• Newb
« Reply #51 on: <09-30-17/1319:53> »
Anyone else notice that Islamic Alchemists are forced to take Quickening and Anchoring as metamagics during initiation despite being barred from using spellcasting or ritual spellcasting? Is this supposed to imply that those metamagics can be used with preparations?
« Last Edit: <09-30-17/1323:28> by Gratuitous Boom »

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #52 on: <10-01-17/0148:10> »
Anyone else notice that Islamic Alchemists are forced to take Quickening and Anchoring as metamagics during initiation despite being barred from using spellcasting or ritual spellcasting? Is this supposed to imply that those metamagics can be used with preparations?

I believe there are alchemy techniques that require Anchoring. Some of the advanced Alchemy triggers utilize those.

fseperent

• Omae
« Reply #53 on: <10-01-17/0235:52> »
PG. 40

SHOCK MAGE
15 KARMA
Minimum Requirements: Spellcasting 6, at least
one electricity-based skill

Change skill with spell.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #54 on: <12-07-17/0401:02> »
The Death Dealer mastery quality has 3 levels for magicians, but only 1 level for adepts. How many levels can a mystic adept purchase? Do both effects of the quality apply to Mystic Adepts or Adepts with Adept Spell?
« Last Edit: <12-07-17/1848:34> by Chummer 5 is Alive »

WaNeZot

• Newb
« Reply #55 on: <12-07-17/1818:40> »
A vault of ages may store a number of
alchemical compounds or preparations equal to
twice the Magic rating of its creator. The Rating of
these items cannot be more than twice the rating
of the vault

what's meant by the rating of the preparations? their force, potency or something else?

legionof1

• Newb
« Reply #56 on: <12-13-17/1126:43> »
I would generally assume force. Having the limitation affect potency seems irrelevant in most cases, potency being the net hits from magic+alchemy(force) vs force.

Neojudas

• Newb
  • 30 Years and Counting
« Reply #57 on: <12-28-17/1705:44> »

i will also admit, there are many things that can be read or perceived in an aura, but a lot of the qualities and such, not so much.  I do remind people that it is commonly an opposed skill test when initiates or free spirits are involved.  I also remind them that it’s half net hits on Assensing test.  We also as a house rule usually have one piece of information for each net hit, and unless the perceived is searching for something the specific, then a random selection is made.

Yet it doesn't reveal that this time he genuinely is onto a sure thing and the deal he's here to make will legally earn him enough to not only pay off his bounty and debts but also retire in comfort, so they don't let him in and he misses his big break.

Seriously SIN, day job, debt and other qualities probably shouldn't be in the same aura viewing boat as ones like astral beacon or human looking.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
NeoJudas (J. Keith Henry, "K" to some....)
Penumbra Games | Freelancer
"I have active characters that are older than you are..."

Neojudas

• Newb
  • 30 Years and Counting
« Reply #58 on: <12-28-17/1708:44> »
Question on Mastery Qualities.  As these can be developed after character creation with Karma, how much time is needed?  We’ve house ruled one month, unless you have Apt Pupil.  It would just be nice to know if there is something we’ve collectively missed.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
NeoJudas (J. Keith Henry, "K" to some....)
Penumbra Games | Freelancer
"I have active characters that are older than you are..."

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #59 on: <02-01-18/2345:26> »
Where is the Stars mentor Spirit actually?
Also what is the point with the Shaman tag on Chain Breaker and the “read description” on requirements? There isn’t any skill requirements in my PDF at all.
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?