NEWS

Date Night ( IC )

• 3424 Replies

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #390 on: <05-12-15/2158:34> »
@ Ambrose  Well, the car didn't blow up when he started it. And driving back down the road to the club he was still alive. Definitely a plus, maybe he will live long enough to collect the cred for this job. Hmmm, still parking spots relatively close, 19:27, he's got time to park a bit further in the shadows away from the lights and look like he's just come in.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #391 on: <05-13-15/0151:10> »
It was dark, not the parking lot that was lit by the neon lights but it seemed dark inside. The parking lot that was half empty at this hour as most of the guests have not yet arrived. It was early, Marco wondered if he is going to be the one blowing the warehouse and if looking in the basement was really all that important as to blow an entire building and taking peoples livelihood away... he hoped that at this time there are no people inside but perhaps there is some security or anything. Was this another trick to get more leverage? will blowing up that place hunt them like a skeleton in the closet for years to come? To be exposed when any of them tries to leave?

It is not like Sam to just improvise on a key aspect of his mysterious plan. Sam was a person of preparations, of carefully studying the problem - he was a chess player not a ping pong player. He could totally come up with some plan that involves getting more leverage for the future on his runners. Marco could not even think of pulling the detonator. He had to check it first.

That reporter guy was a little of both... although he seemed more able to plan. He had  a good view of the entire parking lot and he could see a car entering it, perhaps it was mr. Reporter dude.  He happily walked towards the car, carrying his drink.

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #392 on: <05-13-15/0835:57> »
Ambrose gets out of the car, picking up the teddy bear detonator. Mr Waffles was the bear's name according to the Vermont teddy bear company, A plush waffle sat on its head covered in a material that looked like syrup some sort of brown bubbly clear plastic. Hooking the bear up to AR you'd see a large number of recipes for waffles, pancakes and crepes. But today, today Mr Waffles was going to help someone make an omelet.

Ambrose approached Marco, raising a brow as he noticed the person drinking a pink something or other was the person from last night that ordered him a steak. Well,  that's probably why he was chosen at least. "Another monster to slay?" he asks as he approaches holding out the bear.
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #393 on: <05-13-15/0912:04> »
"Monsters?" Asked Marco surprised. "Just the package... is okay... Mr. reporter...  I heard tomorrow's headlines are going to be a blast. Don't you think? "
« Last Edit: <05-13-15/0959:41> by gilga »

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #394 on: <05-13-15/1932:20> »
@ Yelena  Bella smiles and leaves you to your pleasures and you apply the drug with some enjoyable aid from Gregor and as you inhale the last component of the drug the world slows and then becomes brighter, more intense and your body is suffused with an energy makes you feel like your molten, not hot, but, more like all of you is made of light and energy, and everyone around you is part of that light and energy. You feel connected to all of them, and to everything, as if it were all part of you and it was all yours to enjoy. Gregor leads you onto the dance floor, the beat now somehow a living thing, and the music was alive, each note part of the energy you are made of, and you share it with him. You dance, sheer joy in every moment. All of life is yours to enjoy and pleasure and be pleasured by and you seize it.

@ Arc  "Looks like your friend is dancing." A young human murmers right next you. "We should join them. I'm Russ." He reaches out for your hand to invite you onto the floor.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #395 on: <05-13-15/2029:22> »
"Monsters?" Asked Marco surprised. "Just the package... is okay... Mr. reporter...  I heard tomorrow's headlines are going to be a blast. Don't you think? "

"Wasn't it what you guys did? Kill monsters?" he asks, before shrugging. "Twist the nose, and then push it, get a surprise for your cutie. And yes.. Its going to be some hot press." He holds the bear up for the other guy, then begins to start walking into the club.
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #396 on: <05-13-15/2034:58> »
Arc gave a bit of a pout as Yelena seemed too focused to hear the human's invite, but was quickly dashed away by the young Russ and his own invitation to dance.  She bit her lip for a moment, looking him over as she set her drink aside, taking his hand with a smile and hopping up, letting him lead her to the floor.  "Ah, frag it.  It's a party after all.  Come on, peeps, let's not waste the tunes!"

The collection of the (seemingly primarily male) entourage gathering around Arc soon merged with the partying group focused on Yelena, turning into one large throng of swaying, dancing bodies, the lights shimmering and the bass pounding in their ears.  Arc had her arms up, moving her hips as fluidly as she could manage, focusing on no one person in particular, instead making sure everyone was focused on the fiesta and having a good time.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #397 on: <05-13-15/2337:44> »
"M... yes the Smilie killer this is what the party is about... I am just a party person. Thanks for the Teddy. "
He took the Teddy... and said "Enjoy the party!" . Marco did not go back to the party instead he took a trip around the warehouse, trying to gauge its nature.  "So what do I do with you little guy?" he thought as he looked at the teddy. The chill night air cleared his head... are we doing insurance fraud? is this building somehow related to the club?

He had to know"... he first tried to verify from outside the building trying to see if it is indeed empty. Saying his goodbye's to the building...
« Last Edit: <05-13-15/2342:27> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #398 on: <05-13-15/2338:27> »
Yelena falls into whatever euphoria the drug mixture leads her to.  She is now committed to this course of action and is part of the living music and the molten flow of energy and light.  The joy and pleasure is akin to what Bliss provides, yet stronger.  The thought flies from one part of her mind to another that she may have to break another addiction, but she just does not care right now.  She is living purely in the moment and thriving there.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #399 on: <05-14-15/0806:53> »
@ Ambrose. Ambrose is walking through the parking lot heading into the club to finish his job for the Yaks. Or at least try, he still doesn't know what drug he's looking for. But before he can get close to the door and be seen by all the party goers. The three guys he's about to pass give themselves away. All of his years in a gang taught him a thing or two, and a tell-tale movement when he got close enough to them gave their intentions away. They should have just tranked him from a distance. Ambrose has a moment to act before the second one can bring his cosh around.
« Last Edit: <05-15-15/0417:21> by ismilealot »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #400 on: <05-14-15/0849:10> »
Once Marco was far enough from the club, he felt safe enough for his plan.
He concentrated for a moment and a demon of fire came to his aid, he was more modest this time - summoning a lower force demon.
"Do not materialize friend he said to the fire demon ... he could sense its volatile nature - I got a treat for you today... he thought. Have you ever seen a building explode? "

Marco could feel the excitement of the demon- fire demons wanted to burn... to destroy some aspect of the world to make room for for something better.
Blow up?... How remarkable...  said the demon, gracefully refusing to mention what he has or has not seen before.
"You owe me 3 services... Your first service is to scan this warehouse - let me know if there is anything alive or magical in there... Providing the warehouse is indeed empty from magical or living people... your second service will be to continue monitor it until it explodes. If all goes well I'll do my best to release you after the second service... But it is not a promise... I know you are eager to go back to someplace.  I will do my best to be brief. "
[spoiler]
Summon spirit of fire (force 4): 12d6t5 3
spirit defense: 4d6t5 0

3 services gained - the demon did not resist so no drain. (fire demons like to burn - lol)
I also rolled the astral sensing of the demon he got 5 intuition + 4 assensing skill.
Fire spirit assensing: 9d6t5 5
[/spoiler]

The spirit said nothing more, but Marco could feel it scouting the large building...  He thought to himself - "lets see what Sam really tries to blow up".
« Last Edit: <05-14-15/0859:45> by gilga »

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #401 on: <05-14-15/1921:34> »
@ Marco  The demon has a bit of a sardonic look on his face when he returns. "It doesn't take much to excite you. Humanity, so easily pleased by such lesser powers. There are two of your kind in the building. They are in a small room on the far side of the building. I will watch, as you say it is my service, but there are better demonstrations by the lesser of my kind."

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #402 on: <05-15-15/0145:10> »
To the demon: ‘Do not underestimate the task you received... Life are important and you just scanned a building full of explosives with no danger to yourself. Be proud that you help save life... Life are so important that I would have not trusted a lesser demon for the task at hand...

Thanks you for your service... but I will not let you manipulate me into a more aggressive course of action by mockery... so if you want you can help me come up with a plan that involves getting these people outside unharmed. That way you can go home earlier.  Or you can continue to play watcher until I come up with a plan... you owe me services not advice I know that, but now you have to wait until I figure out how to get these people out and what’s your role in that mission.‘

Marco text Arc and Yelena on encrypted comm:

‘First of all... I am not prey... we cannot follow a plan with blind trust when all the circumstances indicates that something has gone terribly wrong. If Sam was indeed compromised... how long do you think it will take them to get us? There are too many dangerous elements in this mission to blindly follow Sam’s overly optimistic tasks.

As for another example of why you should not blindly trust Sam, the building is not clean. I went to check that warehouse - guess what? there are people inside... There is no way in hell I am allowing two innocent people die as collateral damage just to look in a basement.

On the other hand there is no way we DONT blow that building as people may be hurt coming to work in the morning and all these explosives came from somewhere and this somewhere has our fingerprints on it...

I want you two outside of the club with me and I want you armed and clearheaded... we need to get these people out of the building before it goes down... We need them to exit calmly without touching anything and any moment of delay furthers the risk involved.
We may need to handle them as they go out  - I think they may be security and me alone with a detonator is not a good match for two pissed up security guards... That detonator should be secured and risks should be minimized our line of work is dangerous enough as it is. ‘

Okay... think Marco.. “how can we take these people out calmly without touching anything? Letting them see the demon will get them out alright - but they will run and may stumble on something... perhaps if I push the fire alarm?”
« Last Edit: <05-15-15/0148:44> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #403 on: <05-15-15/0703:03> »
Yelena's comm pings with the message from Marco.  Fortunately, the commlink is smarter than Yelena right now and decrypts the message, spooling it into her consciousness.  Yelena smiles as she reads the note and manages to send one back to him.  <Marco.  Yelena already too far to leave.  Know my limits and no help to you.  Must continue plan.  Marco save lives before blow up building.  Change shape something scary and men run.  Marco good man.  Deserve better than Yelena.  See later.>

Yelena sends the message and looks up at her dance partner.  Smiling, she molds her body to his and says, "Yelena like dance.  Yelena like sex.  Do you?"
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #404 on: <05-15-15/0859:04> »
Marco was angry... he felt betrayed the plan was all going to fall apart... she should only do all these things AFTER they blow up the warehouse! not BEFORE!!!  it is freaking 19:30 we just got here...
... I guess it is part of her charm - but Yelena became a liability.

... He walks peacefully despite being angry, years of practice made him in complete control of the expression of his emotions but he is boiling inside. He is headed towards Arc's car to fetch atleast his pistol and leather jacket.  Not very stylish but will have to do just in case.

These girls won't notice that something is wrong until it bites them in the ass... they are sure that their brave Sam is invincible and always comes up with the best course of action... Everybody makes mistakes - and nobody gets to live forever in this business. This is why I want out while I am still alive dammit.

Looking into the basement never seemed so far as in that moment... "so I need to blow up the place from inside the club while sneaking to have a look at the basement... I'll be very stealthy holding a freaking teddy bear... why can't it be a freaking comlink! - or a file I can transmit to trigger it... why a freaking teddy bear?! ... is everything a joke? I am trying not to die in here.

... if I am discovered,  Arc and Yelena are going to be retaliated just as hard as me - because they know we are together... So while escaping I should also grab her gorgeous but totally defenseless body... I hope at least ARC is sober. Maybe she can fetch Yelena while I have a look...  Am I the only one that feels the danger? ... Is Yelena really that careless and light headed despite her paranoid appearance? is it really 'sex as a weapon... ? because she feels like a junkie looking to get fixed... Or maybe they think that I am some kind of Houdini ... no one have ever told me that I am that good... "
« Last Edit: <05-15-15/0903:44> by gilga »