NEWS

Wheels - Missions Rigger

• 36 Replies

Halinn

• Chummer
« Reply #15 on: <11-02-15/1418:16> »
I generally hate Allergy as a quality. It always feels really cheesy to me.

You say, while talking about a character with 5 separate addictions.

falar

• Omae
  • The Fourth Jesse
« Reply #16 on: <11-02-15/1426:34> »
I generally hate Allergy as a quality. It always feels really cheesy to me.

You say, while talking about a character with 5 separate addictions.

Hypocrisy is alive and well in the Sixth World! :) Also, I've met more people addicted to multiple drugs than I've met with allergies.

Granted, I worked at a juvenile correctional facility ...

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #17 on: <11-02-15/1503:36> »
The belt fed/not belt fed has been clarified for mission. Weapon mounts retro fit the receiver of guns to use the weapon mounts ammo supply. No reloading needed until the mounts ammo is empty. Also means that any weapon from a drone/vehicle has to be reworked again to be used by metahuman hands.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #18 on: <11-02-15/1507:47> »
Here is Bull's comments on weapon mount ammo feed systems.
http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=18293.msg325421#msg325421
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #19 on: <11-02-15/1646:26> »
Here is Bull's comments on weapon mount ammo feed systems.
http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=18293.msg325421#msg325421
good to know, hopefully we'll get something nice and solid in RAW in rigger 5 to put a final nail in it.
worth clarifying this with your GM as the heavy weapon mount is vastly more specific than the light weapon mount. it clearly says 500 rounds of belted ammo. the steel lynx is equipped with a heavy weapons mount and by RAW that means you're better off with an LMG/MMG than a cheap AR, obviously interpretations may vary at different tables
« Last Edit: <11-02-15/1650:23> by Csjarrat »
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

falar

• Omae
  • The Fourth Jesse
« Reply #20 on: <11-02-15/1706:14> »
worth clarifying this with your GM as the heavy weapon mount is vastly more specific than the light weapon mount. it clearly says 500 rounds of belted ammo. the steel lynx is equipped with a heavy weapons mount and by RAW that means you're better off with an LMG/MMG than a cheap AR, obviously interpretations may vary at different tables

I honestly never thought how there could be a possible interpretation other than what Bull said. You mount it and basically it becomes a fully reworked form of the gun to fit into the mount and work with the expanded ammo feed.

That said - what this amusingly means is that you can mount a Winchester Model 2024 and have a Semi-Automatic Sporting Rifle that you can snipe for DAYS with and be fully legal. Crockett EBR is still the better gun for it, of course.

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #21 on: <11-03-15/0945:33> »
Or one of the double barreled shotguns!

But, yeah, figured that might help with this issue before it becomes to crazy again!

Turkish

• Chummer
« Reply #22 on: <11-03-15/1257:46> »
Why did you end up maxing all of the skills with the control rig booster? That is a rather huge dice pool for what becomes a low threshold.  Wouldn't it be better to add some social skills like ettiquette, negotiation, and/or con, so you aren't defaulting on those rolls?

falar

• Omae
  • The Fourth Jesse
« Reply #23 on: <11-03-15/1425:18> »
Why did you end up maxing all of the skills with the control rig booster? That is a rather huge dice pool for what becomes a low threshold.  Wouldn't it be better to add some social skills like ettiquette, negotiation, and/or con, so you aren't defaulting on those rolls?

Mainly to focus on my core job - to be a good rigger. I'm considering dropping some of those points out to pick up Navigation or other Rigger-ish skills.

Turkish

• Chummer
« Reply #24 on: <11-03-15/1450:08> »
LOL I hadn't even noticed the lack of navigation, but jumped in you are going to have some super epic dicepools with some small thresholds.  You're going to make John McClane look like a chump for "killing the helicopter with a car". :P

FWIW, since you pointed out the nanohives, all I have been doing is building riggers with them.  My favorite one so far used sum to ten, human with Meta: E Attribute: B Magic: E Skill: B Resources: A.

Strange

• Chummer
« Reply #25 on: <11-03-15/1511:23> »
I'd say swap skills priority and attribute priority and see if you can make that work.  Spending 20 karma just to pump up two stats up to bad seems like a waste.  I like that he is addicted to illegal drugs, has illegal jobs, yet wants to have legal drones!  People aren't always logical, so it fits.

falar

• Omae
  • The Fourth Jesse
« Reply #26 on: <11-03-15/1515:38> »
I'd say swap skills priority and attribute priority and see if you can make that work.  Spending 20 karma just to pump up two stats up to bad seems like a waste.  I like that he is addicted to illegal drugs, has illegal jobs, yet wants to have legal drones!  People aren't always logical, so it fits.

I actually wasn't aware that any of the drugs he was addicted to were illegal - but it looks like Betameth is. The rest are legal, or legal-with-a-license.

I did try swapping attributes and skills once, but it came out way too stretched on skills.

Turkish

• Chummer
« Reply #27 on: <11-03-15/1538:49> »
I actually wasn't aware that any of the drugs he was addicted to were illegal - but it looks like Betameth is. The rest are legal, or legal-with-a-license.

I did try swapping attributes and skills once, but it came out way too stretched on skills.

I am not familiar with the restrictions for Missions, but if Sum To Ten is a viable creation method, I have found it works really well for Human Riggers.

falar

• Omae
  • The Fourth Jesse
« Reply #28 on: <11-03-15/1546:42> »
I am not familiar with the restrictions for Missions, but if Sum To Ten is a viable creation method, I have found it works really well for Human Riggers.
It's allowed, but it means you have to get special GM looksie at your character sheet and I don't really want to put someone through that hassle.

Also, Edge 5 is pretty rock star.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #29 on: <11-03-15/1606:30> »

I honestly never thought how there could be a possible interpretation other than what Bull said. You mount it and basically it becomes a fully reworked form of the gun to fit into the mount and work with the expanded ammo feed.

That said - what this amusingly means is that you can mount a Winchester Model 2024 and have a Semi-Automatic Sporting Rifle that you can snipe for DAYS with and be fully legal. Crockett EBR is still the better gun for it, of course.
its because the heavy weapon mount specifically says belt-fed weapons and in 4e, it was super clear that they didn't automagically modify any and every gun to belt-fed FA weapons and handwaive it.
that's why any 4e rigger you see has an assault rifle or equivalent with x2 ammo feed modifications and 100 round drums plugged in to both.
5th is super vague about weapon mounts, so vets of the older system (me, for one) tend to play to the more specific rulings we're used to. the fact that the only FAQ/clarification is a forum post saying, "handwaive it" says a lot
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor