NEWS

Establishing a Bounty Hunter Campaign

• 63 Replies

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #60 on: <10-24-14/1234:50> »
I don't know how any of that would play out.  Especially the hacking part--  Looking into someone's records just by knowing their SIN is way beyond the current hacking rules, and if it's easy, that opens a huge can of worms.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

toad

• Newb
« Reply #61 on: <10-25-14/2231:58> »
It's kind of a silly show, but honestly you might want to check out a couple episodes of Dog the Bounty Hunter for flavor. They do actually show some of how they track people down.

As you suspected, it's a lot of human intelligence gathering. They question family, ex-girlfriends, co-workers, neighbors, or people in the local drug scene. When did they last see them? (Are they lying?) What vehicle was the person in? Who owns it, what's the license plate, can they track it? Where did they like to hang out? They'll stake it out.
« Last Edit: <10-25-14/2245:27> by toad »

El Lanzador

• Newb
  • Running the Shadows in style
« Reply #62 on: <11-10-14/1531:57> »
While keeping the ideas of the real world and how bounty hunting from previous posters, keep in mind that this is a cyberpunk dystopia. It would not be out of place to have to gun down some hombres, Old West style.

If you want to really mess with your Runner's moral compass, see how they react to the old "Double bounty for dead."
“Pride, envy, avarice - these are the sparks have set on fire the hearts of all men.” ― Dante Alighieri, Inferno

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #63 on: <11-10-14/2136:24> »
Better - double bounty for alive, but turned over to someone who is not the authorities, with the sure and certain case that they'll be tortured.  Think Mason Verger and Dr. Hannibal Lecter...
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.