NEWS

Ares Predator V upgrade?

• 5 Replies

DarkSpade

• Newb
« on: <07-11-14/1729:12> »
I'm thinking about giving one of my players an upgrade for his Ares Predator V.   Well, not really giving it to him, but I am giving him the opportunity to take it from someone currently using it.  :)

Problem I'm having is finding a better pistol.  I've been looking through Run and Gun and the core book and pretty much everything is worse.  Lateral moves at best. Since the Ares is available to starting characters, I'm assuming there's got to be something better, right?    Obviously a bigger gun would fit the bill, but he designed his character around the idea of using duel pistols so I'd like to stick with that.

Number 2

• Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <07-11-14/1753:28> »
Make your own content. The world of Shadowrun is very large, and the selection of weapons is large as well. Really all you have to do is

A. Make your own Pistol. It's pretty simple. The hard part is thinking of what it looks like.

B. Make your own weapon mod. Maybe he finds an Ares Predator V with an internal modification that allows it to shoot burst fire, fire a larger caliber bullet, or virtually anything else.

It may not be official Shadowrun canon, but your players will definitely like getting goodies that aren't in the books.
Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin,
Wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan fod nust hon zindro zaan,
Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

DarkSpade

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <07-11-14/1806:55> »
/facepalm

I hadn't even thought of that.  Brilliant!  :D

Still curious about official upgrades, but for now I will definitely be giving him something custom.

Number 2

• Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <07-11-14/1818:22> »
If you need to, you can transfer modifications from the 4e Arsenal corebook. They have a lot of neat modifications in that book including electronic firing, and even adding an AI and propulsion system to make your weapon a flying drone! Let me just say, giving a Stoner machine gun a flying propulsion system and throwing it in the air makes for a nice scare for the baddies >:D

I'm glad I can help out
Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin,
Wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan fod nust hon zindro zaan,
Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

JimmyCrisis

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <07-13-14/2208:46> »
Or build them from scratch using SR3's Cannon Companion.

Also the Savalette Guardian from Run&Gun is very nice in that you can make a long Burst with it.

LionofPerth

• Omae
  • That's Mind Taking Baby!
« Reply #5 on: <07-14-14/0725:18> »
Thinking about this a moment, I would suggest making something up for your player. Perhaps a slight increase to the damage code, another firing mode or the like.

Perhaps saying it's a custom job by a very high profile gunsmith, or it's something akin to the Predator 5.5 if you will.
When in doubt, C4.