NEWS

Posters in Berlin core?

• 11 Replies

SINlessSlacker

• Newb
« on: <12-29-23/0053:18> »
I’m not sure why these posters were included, I thought maybe they were maps at first and I’d still rather them be separate, but at least that would have made sense. Nope just big art posters that would be incomplete and look weird if you took them out. But they’re also really annoying.

Has anyone else removed them from their books or have any insight why this was done in the first place? It seems like a really weird (bad?) idea. I’m just very grumpy about this (in case you couldn’t tell)

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #1 on: <12-29-23/0714:35> »
The posters are acutally meant to be used with the 6E GM screen, which allows you to take the images from the posters and use them in the screen inserts, thereby making your own unique GM Screen.

GM Screen link

SINlessSlacker

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <12-30-23/0001:06> »
How is that supposed to work? They don't have an easy perforation or whatever method to remove them from the book

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #3 on: <12-30-23/0713:32> »
How is that supposed to work? They don't have an easy perforation or whatever method to remove them from the book
Scissors?

SINlessSlacker

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <12-30-23/1100:10> »
That’s an incredibly bad product that I have to try to cut pages from my book. Not to mention if I cut those pages, it could destabilize the whole binding. I reiterate that this is annoying as hell. Absolutely shit idea. Wtf was Catalyst thinking?

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #5 on: <12-30-23/1313:49> »
That’s an incredibly bad product that I have to try to cut pages from my book. Not to mention if I cut those pages, it could destabilize the whole binding. I reiterate that this is annoying as hell. Absolutely shit idea. Wtf was Catalyst thinking?
I don't have the physical product, so I can't answer how they intended them to be removed. In the past, posters usually were on a "rubber cemented" tab to be able to pull them out without tearing into the binding.

Also, looking at the physical GM Screen, I had forgotten there is only one large screen insert on the front to modify. I do know that two of the images in the Seattle Edition are the 2E and 5E GM Screens, though.

SINlessSlacker

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <12-31-23/1301:48> »
I don't have the physical product, so I can't answer how they intended them to be removed.

Not to be rude, but then why did you answer in the first place to question about the physical product? You literally don’t know.

Yeah, if it had been the rubber cement or even a perforated separation, I wouldn’t have needed to ask.
« Last Edit: <12-31-23/1308:22> by SINlessSlacker »

Lewis Greywolf

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« Reply #7 on: <12-31-23/1807:57> »
if you are talking about the pages between 97-98 and 241-242, they are part of the book and not intended to come out. They are just fold out pages for oversized illustrations (like an old Playboy centerfold without the staples). The Seattle city book has the same thing but with some Seattle themed illustrations and they did the same thing with the Master Index edition of the 5th core rulebook. The illustrations in the Master Index were from previous GM screens and were re-used with the 6th edition GM screen (probably the source of Fastjack's confusion).
« Last Edit: <12-31-23/1821:37> by Lewis Greywolf »
Louis "Graywolf" Ray
Freelancer
SRM Missions Writer
Catalyst Demo Team

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #8 on: <12-31-23/2214:27> »
I don't have the physical product, so I can't answer how they intended them to be removed.
Not to be rude, but then why did you answer in the first place to question about the physical product? You literally don’t know.

Yeah, if it had been the rubber cement or even a perforated separation, I wouldn’t have needed to ask.
I know the gatefolds mirror the look of GM screens and other panoramic shots. I wasn't certain on the "whys" of putting them in the book, and I had remembered being able to modify the current GM screen, so I thought it may have been a cross-promotion type of thing.

As for why I answered, it's because it's my job to get conversations started and continued. I'm always trying to help anyone that comes around with a question, even if mine isn't the best answer (and I'll gladly point out when it isn't, as I did here).

Ajax

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <01-02-24/1052:50> »
Has anyone else removed them from their books or have any insight why this was done in the first place?

They aren’t meant to be removed, they’re just in there to look pretty. A lot of people, myself included, enjoy thematic and atmospheric art in our games, for inspiration, motivation, or just the plain simple enjoyment of looking at pretty artwork.

A good scalpel, a metal ruler or other straight edge, and a steady hand should allow you to remove them if you really want to deface your book.
Evil looms. Cowboy up. Kill it. Get paid.

Ragnarok

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <04-10-24/1100:19> »
Personally, I like them.  They provide the artistic vibe that help enhance the setting.

If you're dead-set in getting them, why not purchase the pdf version and print the specific pages.  1) It'll save the book from unnecessary mutilation, and 2) Having the pdf allows the printing off of any specific pages for yourself (and others in your group).

Just a thought.
"More human than human" is our motto.
- Tyrell, Bladerunner

taranion

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <04-11-24/0507:01> »
I would like to point out that there are options to get some posters/illustrations here:
https://www.redbubble.com/de/people/raben-aas/shop
Or here: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/3938D2