NEWS

[SDS IC] Stiff Armed

• 214 Replies

realbrit70

• Newb
« Reply #15 on: <11-11-15/1743:03> »
Walks in Cloud takes a seat about halfway along the table. Picking up the printed menu <<Printed menus? Guess they really want you paying attention to unaugmented reality here>> the youthful Amerindian uses the pretense of mulling the choices to take stock of the company.

<<Doesn't look much like an organized runner team. Not much in the way of obvious cyberwear.. except chrome eyes over there. That elf over there looks a little.. weird and the tuskers don't seem like most orks I know. Are we all 'mancers? Is this a trap?>>

<<Pulling up a view of the matrix Walks in Cloud quickly assesses the local area looking for active personas and checking out the PANs (if running hot) of the other runners to determine if they are potentially more connected than first impression. When the others start to order food he will stop and mute his living persona to run silent.>>

"I'll take the Lime Curry Tofu Stir Fry" Walks in Cloud says to the server when the orders are taken. He doesn't want to be indebted beyond his means to a man who has motives of which Walks In Cloud is unsure.
Speech
Thoughts
Matrix
Voice chat & Subvocal

Ravensoracle

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <11-11-15/2207:17> »
Deex adjusts his tie again while he waits. He nods to Lorenzo when the orc approaches the bar.

"Been a while."

He doesn't have much time to reminisce though since about that time the Matre D leads them all toward the back private room.

Deex knows his part in the negotiations to take place. Listen, get the facts of the job and keep his mouth shut except to accept or decline. He takes a seat and looks over the menu for something that he recognises.
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Subvocal

Lighthouse

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <11-12-15/1458:11> »
Mother picks up her drink and follows the maitre D to the room nodding to the other runners. taking a seat she peruses the menu and orders the lobster.

Opening her eyes to the astral she assensed the group to see if she was the only mage.
"Fish gotta swim You know what I'm sayin." Omar

DKrogh

• Newb
« Reply #18 on: <11-12-15/1515:41> »
Lorenzo has a seat at the table and peruses the menu. He settles on the Magret de Canard with a nice red Bordeaux. Keeping most of his attention on Mr. Fox.

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #19 on: <11-12-15/1833:16> »
The next minutes are oddly uncomfortable as the Johnson says little, but is obviously preoccupied by something, his attention taken wholly by something only he can see.  The appetizers set around the table are absolutely delicious, however and after a time, the wait staff brings in what was ordered.  Mr. Johnson smiles, finally, and sets to eating.

As he does, he begins to speak.

"So, you guys may or may not have heard of me, but my name is Fox.  I've been working Seattle's shadows for a few years now and know my way around.  You could do a lot worse than to have a guy like me in your corner.  And I appreciate a professional who can get the job done, who I can count on not to frag things up.  Someone like that, we can get along.  But what I can't stand, absolutely detest, is when someone tries to frag with me.  I am sure you can understand that, do any of you like it when someone tries to frag with you?"

He looks up and at each of you.  Some of you shake your head slowly at the rhetorical question and he moves on, "So that's what is happening right now.  Someone is trying to frag with me.  I don't know who it is yet, could be one guy, could be he's just stuck in the middle.  But I don't like it.  So here's the deal.  I had a guy was supposed to deliver a thing for another guy.  He didn't.  The other guy wants his thing or he wants his money.  It's a lot of money.  I don't have the money cause I used it to get the thing.  Now I look like an idiot.  No one likes to look like an idiot and I hate it more than most.  So you guys find the guy, find the thing, and find out who is fragging with me and you teach them a lesson.  One that ensures they... and others... understand you don't fuck with the Fox."

He pauses as he takes a bite of the fat steak he ordered, chews slowly and, just as one of you is about to speak up he continues.

"So yeah, do this for me and I'll pay you each 8,000 nuyen and give you my commcode."
That's just like... your opinion, man.

realbrit70

• Newb
« Reply #20 on: <11-12-15/1905:24> »
As the minutes drag by waiting for the food to be delivered, and Johnson is silent, Walks in Cloud gets more nervous. Licking his lips he glances from one runner to the next wondering if they too feel as awkward

<<Drek, what do I do now? This drek is about to go down. Should I contact Harvest Moon?>>

There is palpable release of tension in Walks In Cloud's body when the Fox finally speaks but it's slowly replaced by a sense of discomfort.

<<Is he talking about wetwork? I think he's talking about wetwork. Drek.. it's not like I ain't got enough drek to deal with without adding a rep for waxing other runners to my sheet. Eight grand and a fixer who owes you big time though...>>

Walks in Cloud looks round the rest of the group, hoping that someone else will speak first but knowing the question needs to be asked..
Speech
Thoughts
Matrix
Voice chat & Subvocal

Ravensoracle

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <11-12-15/1935:06> »
Deex savors the steak that he ordered. Just the right state of rare. He waits and listens to what Fox has to say. Just when he's about to speak though Fox gives the terms of the deal.

Deex looks around the table to gauge the others reactions.

"Finding your guy, Finding the thing, and Finding the one responsible..." Deex nods, "That's easy enough to do and understand. I know the details will remain vague until we accept the job." Deex holds up a finger, BUT you need to define what you want to happen to said responsible party before I choose to join this job or not. Unless your commcode is a get out of jail free card, I don't think 8 grand covers finding everything and a very well known and publicized murder." Deex looks around the room for agreement and settles his gaze on Fox.
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Subvocal

realbrit70

• Newb
« Reply #22 on: <11-12-15/1947:28> »
Walks in Cloud is relieved as one of the orks expresses the same cautionary concern as he had been feeling. Nodding his head slightly in agreement he speaks in low voice, "Yeah.."
Speech
Thoughts
Matrix
Voice chat & Subvocal

Zeroman

• Newb
« Reply #23 on: <11-12-15/2150:24> »
<<Whew, appetizers are fine with me and I'll just orders whatever the waiter recommends.>> He listens over the job description. Not too hard from the sounds of it, but one question keeps pinging in his mind. The long seconds pass by as he waits for anyone else to ask the question he is thinking about or any question really. The silence is finally broken by the ork, but wasn't the question he was thinking, though good none the less. He'd prefer not murdering someone, though a roughing up is worth 8k to him.
Thoughts
Zeroman Speech
Freyr Speech
Freyja Speech

[I did not make my avatar and give all credit to the artist that did.]

DKrogh

• Newb
« Reply #24 on: <11-12-15/2253:59> »
I agree more about the job is necessary to know before accepting it. I think we all agree if this is wet work there are some other considerations we must know. I don't want to necessarily talk price at this moment without more details but I do think everyone here is positively considering the job. Lorenzo doesn't feel like getting into Murder for Hire at this point. He carries a firearm and knows how to use it but it is not his fortay, he hires others usually to pull the trigger. But hard to turn down the first offer for work in a new city and he really wants to get a club open soon.

Lighthouse

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <11-13-15/1030:21> »
" I've heard of you Mr Fox. You are a man who values your reputation sugar...do you mind if I call you sugar? If you are seeking a more permananent solution I would hope that we don't hear later that any of the facts of this scenario are disputed. A runner screws their Mr J should know someone's going to come calling. It's part of the biz. Also if you want me to get wet you are going to have to show me the money and I want half up front. Said Mother smiling.
"Fish gotta swim You know what I'm sayin." Omar

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #26 on: <11-13-15/1109:53> »
Fox actually smiles, "I am pleased to know that you are all enthusiastic about doing what must be done for the proper incentive.  I will raise my offer to 10,000 nuyen with an offer of 20% up front, if required.  That reflects the impression you have made, not necessarily my needs.  I am not asking, definitely, for you to find a... permanent... solution.  Use your best judgement and a bit of creativity.  So, what do you say?"

Zeroman

• Newb
« Reply #27 on: <11-13-15/1315:58> »
"Enthusiastic is definitely the current thought for me on this." Zeroman added in to the conversation. "But I think that, at least I do, we need to know what you mean by 'the thing.' I can understand not telling us exactly what it is, but what we should expect to find. Just to prevent mixups on the scene. Don't want us to get there and find out we need a truck to move it or something we were expecting to be a briefcase." Zeroman rested back in his seat after asking for some more information.
Thoughts
Zeroman Speech
Freyr Speech
Freyja Speech

[I did not make my avatar and give all credit to the artist that did.]

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #28 on: <11-13-15/1351:40> »
Fox frowns.  "You'll know everything you need to know, that I can provide at least, before you leave this room, if you accept the offer."

Ravensoracle

• Omae
« Reply #29 on: <11-13-15/1500:14> »
Deex motions toward Zeroman but remains looking at Fox, "What I think our enthusiastic colleague is trying to say is that he is willing to take the job. As am I, only with the caveat that if the details are more serious than you hint at, then re-negotiations are in order."

Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Subvocal