NEWS

[5e] Shaking Down Shadows Master Thread: Month 2

• 155 Replies

realbrit70

• Newb
« Reply #30 on: <10-27-15/1809:58> »
Emailing/Messaging you the technomancer I've been creating plus his description and bio. If everything looks good then I'll upload the description and bio to the portal.
« Last Edit: <10-27-15/1822:05> by realbrit70 »
Speech
Thoughts
Matrix
Voice chat & Subvocal

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #31 on: <10-28-15/0908:55> »
Jayde Moon -- I'd been working on trying to making an aspected summoner work (as seen in this thread: http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=22362.0), but have been pretty much persuaded to go mystic adept and just ignore sorcery (or possibly take incompetent in the skill group--still trying to decide).  Just wanted to check one thing before I finish up:

RAW, as I understand it, is that if mystic adepts don't buy as many PP as they have magic at character creation, there is no way for them to close that gap later (they may initiate and take a PP of course, but if they have magic six and only buy 4 PP, for example, they can't later just buy those two PP at any cost).  Just checking my interpretation, and checking for any house rules around that.  (I'm not overly fussed either way, but it does change some character creation priorities.... take a few skills at 1 now with karma, or take another PP and buy those skills in game).

While I'm checking, mysads get some starting spells, those can be in ritual magic or alchemy as well as normal spells, correct?  (I really don't have the skill points for those areas, but could take one, stash the free spells, and maybe grow into it later).

ETA: still not 100% I'm going with that character.  Also looking at a dwarf who was a Cross Applied Technologies sleeper agent, and has finally accepted that the Seraphim truly are gone and aren't ever going to activate him.  Probably an adept, although possibly subtle 'ware instead-- still working both builds to see how well I can get the effect I'm looking for.  Intend to choose in the next day or so and send a character sheet and work on some background fiction.
« Last Edit: <10-28-15/0912:40> by Beta »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #32 on: <10-28-15/0953:26> »
Wow.  It seems that we are getting some interest.  Lots of adepts and technomancers being considered.  Makes my thief look a bit tame.
« Last Edit: <10-28-15/0958:40> by Mercy Merchant »
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

realbrit70

• Newb
« Reply #33 on: <10-28-15/1353:37> »
Actually I questioned whether I should submit the technomancer concept I'd worked on for a couple of days after I saw that ScytheKnight had submitted one. I don't know that our gutter dwellers can compare to Lady Marisart, we'd be like a fish out of water in her circles.
Speech
Thoughts
Matrix
Voice chat & Subvocal

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #34 on: <10-28-15/1357:21> »
Actually I questioned whether I should submit the technomancer concept I'd worked on for a couple of days after I saw that ScytheKnight had submitted one. I don't know that our gutter dwellers can compare to Lady Marisart, we'd be like a fish out of water in her circles.

I had the same thought (barring that mine was "adept" and "RavensOracle."  But high level concept can work out so differently on the ground, AND we don't know how characters will end up being grouped up.

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #35 on: <10-28-15/1400:01> »
Beta is right.  Don't get too wrapped around the 'fit the team' axle.  The idea of the campaign is that it's "life in the Shadows" for a year (with a unifying metaplot).  So the Fixers will deliver the right teams to their Johnsons from the available pools.
That's just like... your opinion, man.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #36 on: <10-28-15/1702:09> »
Also note my Techno is more a street level snoop than a l33t hacker.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Ravensoracle

• Omae
« Reply #37 on: <10-28-15/1713:48> »
And keep in mind Adepts are so versatile. Two adepts could have totally different skil and power sets.
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Subvocal

skulldixon

• Chummer
« Reply #38 on: <10-28-15/2122:35> »
I'll be playing Kumiho again.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
Text and thought

schenn

• Chummer
  • Divillian Lesterat
« Reply #39 on: <10-29-15/1653:21> »
I will keep playing Divillian

steel_hound

• Newb
« Reply #40 on: <10-29-15/1817:22> »
I'd be interested in playing, likely as some sort of decker/face hybrid, knows everyone and everyones dirty digital laundry, if there is still space of course.

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #41 on: <10-29-15/2124:25> »
There is room.  I'll stop taking new players on Saturday, but until then will take all comers.

Ravensoracle

• Omae
« Reply #42 on: <10-29-15/2134:01> »
My buddy is at work right now. He's suppose to be creating accounts for all the websites tomorrow.

I tried posting to Obsidian portal and the forum ate my posts. sorry about that. Not sure what happened
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Subvocal

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #43 on: <10-29-15/2210:48> »
At least on Safari, I can backtab and it will retain my text, but I suggest doing most of your writing outside of the browser and pasting it in.

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #44 on: <10-30-15/1729:06> »
I've decided on an elven summoning/mystic-adept who goes by the handle of "Forty."  (technically she can cast spells, she just never learned how).  It turns out that "life imprisonment" for elves gets really expensive, so after forty-two years they finally kicked her out of prison, whether or not anyone thought she was safe to have mingling with the public . 

She may not be very well adjusted, but hopefully she'll be fun  ;D