NEWS

[5e] Shaking Down Shadows Master Thread: Month 2

• 155 Replies

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« on: <10-21-15/1722:25> »
The level of encryption on this thing boggled the mind.  The file itself was huge and protected in multiple layers.  To make matters more... interesting... it was as if the protections were made with shadowrunners in mind.  Of course they were, but not in the way most spiders thought.  Her peers played in the same hosts and visited the same matrix cafes.  Sure some assholes were proprietary, but a lot of what the community knew, they shared.  Cutting edge stuff from brilliant minds.

But this?  This was already protected from some of the latest hacking tools to breeze through Needle Net.  Specialized protections layered over standard fare.  It was absolutely fascinating.  And certainly dangerous.  The Saint had truly delivered a rubik's' cube to keep her occupied for days.  If I can do it at all, let's be honest here!

But besides the challenge, the Saint had dropped enough cred into her account to keep her honest for a few months, so she set to it with double the enthusiasm.  She idly wondered what had brought the Saint back into the game.  He'd always been a good payday and then, poof, he was gone.  She quickly tossed the thought from her mind.  What matter?  He was back and he was paying.  Back to work.

Hello, again!  Back in May, I initially opened up recruitment for Shaking Down Shadows, which is a relatively ambitious play-by-post project.  The idea is that players will be taking on the roles of Shadowrunners operating in Seattle in 2075 and the story will take place over the course of a year, in game.  There is no limit to how many players take part in the overall metaplot, their characters will form the pool from which various Mr. Johnsons will hire their talent.  Each individual thread will consist of 4-6 Shadowrunners.  Each 'month' of in game time will see it's own separate set of missions, which will all lead to the final month.  We just finished up three separate runs for the first month and I am about to get into running the second month.

Besides the threads that will be running here, I am putting a lot of information onto an Obsidian Portal Webpage:

Shaking Down Shadows

This is a hub for both IC information and OOC information and an outlet for creative activities beyond the scope of the forums here.

Anyone interested in joining should set up an account on Obsidian Portal if they do not already have one.  They should then note their desire to play as well as their Obsidian Portal Account name as a response to this thread.

Character creation and expectations can be found here.

There are several ready made contacts located in the Characters section, many of them are canon characters from the first and fourth Missions seasons.  There is a small incentive for taking those contacts over making your own, while fleshing out your own contacts can earn small amounts of Karma.

In addition to the individual runs, there will be a running Bulletin Board (think JackPoint or Virtual Underworld) where characters can post as well as various NPCs.

The second month runs will start on 8 November, 2015.  I ill have as many separate games as there are players playing in them.  In that time, we have plenty of opportunity to get characters made, answer any questions, or whatever.

Please respond here with your intention to play.  If you were a player in Month 1 and would like to continue, please also post here your intent to stay with the campaign.

Thanks and I look forward to seeing some new folks for the second month!
« Last Edit: <11-28-15/2347:27> by Jayde Moon »
That's just like... your opinion, man.

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <10-21-15/1722:53> »
Players and their Characters:

PlayerCharacter'Archtype'
AgleacaAngusFomori Mobster
AriaRequiemStreet Sam
BetaFortyMysad Ex-Con
DKroghLorenzo Sae DuboisSocial adept
HardyXipeShaman of the Streets
LighthouseMotherGenderqueer Houngan
MathBladeTasda BarrelsmasherDwarven Decker
M MerchantLady MarisartHigh Society Cat Burglar
ObidancerKachina PowakaMilitary Shaman
PoindexterEarly BirdRigger Adept
RavensoracleDeexOrc Adept
RealBrit70Walks in CloudTechnomancing Ganger
schennDivilianFancy Mage
ScytheKnightIceStreet Level Technomancer
Seņor Tblack_thornFormer Infantryman
SkullDixonKumihoWhite Hat Decker
stoneglobeJohn ChanceFed Gone Dark
TMDPatchesCombat Medic
trv123CalicoCat Shaman
TurkishVanGuardRigger
WillAsherRavenerRave Decker
YokHenwayTroll Street Sam
Zango_UnchainedTiger EyeUp and Coming Sniper
ZeromanZeromanLA Adept
« Last Edit: <11-10-15/0005:48> by Jayde Moon »

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <10-21-15/1723:03> »
Missions:

Agri-vation
A Shiawase HR Facility has been viciously attacked.
Roster: Angus, Forty, Kachina, Henway, Ravener, VanGuard
IC Thread ; OOC Thread

Tri Tri Again
Triad Artifacts have been stolen, but by whom?
Roster: Lady Marisart, Kumiho, Calico, John Chance, Early Bird, black_thorn
IC Thread ; OOC Thread

Sorting Spaghetti
A stronger decryption device is needed and someone knows where to find it.
Roster: Pennies, Requiem, Ice, Xipe, Div
IC Thread ; OOC Thread

Stiff Armed
A fixer brokered a deal and the customer didn't get their gear.
Roster: Mother, Lorenzo, Deex, Walks in Cloud, Patches, Zeroman
IC Thread ; OOC Thread
« Last Edit: <06-12-16/0551:32> by Jayde Moon »

realbrit70

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <10-21-15/2355:36> »
I would like to play. I've just set up an Obsidian Account under rdcullen70
Speech
Thoughts
Matrix
Voice chat & Subvocal

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <10-22-15/1024:41> »
I'm in with Kachina for Month 2!
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

trv123

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <10-22-15/1118:03> »
In w/Calico for month 2
"Speech" *Thought* <Text> ~Astral~

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #6 on: <10-22-15/1148:01> »
I would be interested in joining for month 2. 

Looking at Obsidian Portal, to create an account it seemed to require creating a new campaign?  I spent a bit of time looking around but didn't find a way to just make a stand-alone account?

So for now I've created an account with a dummy campaign, but not sure if that is correct.  Created the account using a google log-in: brx1et at gmail.  Happy to create a new account in a better way for this purpose, if there is one.

And having poked around the information on on the game site, I have to say that I adore the amount of player writing you are inviting :)   (ET: also like the use of Saint James, connecting to the first season of Missions, nice weaving together of threads)
« Last Edit: <10-22-15/1222:34> by Beta »

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <10-22-15/1202:42> »
Requiem will be around for month 2! Sorely tempted to create another PC too but any extra IC might just be too much :P
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <10-22-15/1253:38> »
Very odd that it forced you to make a campaign.  On the plus side, you have a campaign you can work on :P

I had sent an invitation for you to join the portal.

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #9 on: <10-22-15/1308:46> »
Very odd that it forced you to make a campaign.  On the plus side, you have a campaign you can work on :P

I had sent an invitation for you to join the portal.

Thanks!

I'm happy with a regular build or street level build (you had mentioned the latter -- was there enough characters of that type for a group?)

And do you have a timeline for wanting new characters submitted?  (Shouldn't take horribly long, but I always have way too many character ideas -- having a timeline will make sure I settle on one in time for you to do what you need.)  Also, any concepts/types you are feeling at all overloaded on?  Given a lot of options, I'm happy to avoid giving you any additional headaches.

TMD

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <10-22-15/1426:37> »
Interested in joining.

Thinking a former Lone Star officer who was betrayed and "killed" by his former partner. Took to the streets & running to pay the bills and get a little bit of payback.

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <10-22-15/1450:03> »
Street Characters are for story/challenge purposes.  There won't necessarily be a street level run.  Mostly just a chance to tell a story from a street level who gets involved in the politics of shadow running.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #12 on: <10-25-15/1210:30> »
Lady Marisart is also in for the second month, if you are interested in having her around.  By the way, I also had to make a campaign when I got my Obsidian Portal account. 
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Lighthouse

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <10-25-15/2006:54> »
Mother will return
"Fish gotta swim You know what I'm sayin." Omar

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #14 on: <10-25-15/2009:32> »
Of course I want Tanya to return!  And Mother too.  I'd love all of the players that stuck with it to return!