NEWS

[SR6] Hack & Slash

• 24 Replies

MercilessMing

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <01-03-23/0946:12> »
p130 - The "Machinist" Resonance Stream includes a virtual RCC, that it has a Sharing Rating is equal to the Technomancer's Charisma attribute.

But Sharing Rating isn't a thing in 6th Edition. RCCs can no longer shift points between extra Program Slots and Noise Reduction, each is a separate stat.
Sharing Rating?? FFS.  Again and again, 3 years into the life of 6e, we're still getting useless crap from 5e show up.  They're like misshapen vestigial tails and they're ruining this game honestly. 

Dreamwalker

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <01-15-23/0626:52> »
The Commlink Apps table (p. 57) is missing entries for the eParkour, Mannequin, and SimShare apps. The German version lists them at 100 nuyen and availability 2.

It should also be clarified that commlink apps use up active program slots (indicated in the emulator cyberprogram).

MercilessMing

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <01-17-23/1154:00> »
Possible Errata:
pg. 127, Sideload Processor codemod has a Spark Loss of 0.1 regardless of Rating.  Based on other costs, this is probably meant to be Rating x 0.1

Smogg

• Newb
« Reply #18 on: <01-24-23/1647:54> »
1) There are no rules for Convergence for AIs running on a device.
2) It is unclear what the "extra protection from damage" from running on a device is? (Is it implied that the AI gets to use the device condition monitor as an extra layer?)

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #19 on: <01-30-23/0037:09> »
p139 - The hacking program Hitchhiker is mentioned multiple times in the Foundation chapter, and even has a rules stat block, but is completely missing in the Software chapter and has no Availability, Legality, or Cost.

-k

MercilessMing

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <01-30-23/0912:19> »
1) There are no rules for Convergence for AIs running on a device.
2) It is unclear what the "extra protection from damage" from running on a device is? (Is it implied that the AI gets to use the device condition monitor as an extra layer?)

1) Is there a reason you think convergence on an ai inhabiting a device would be different from the other ai convergence rules?

2) I think that "extra protection from damage" is referencing the +DR bonus.

Smogg

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: <01-31-23/0703:00> »
1) I have no reason to think one way or the other since there no rules for it. To be clear: Rule is missing.

2) To be clear. When I read the text I get the impression they forgot to put full rules for how the AI is better protected. Maybe they did not forget anything and then all is well.

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #22 on: <01-31-23/0835:39> »
Convergence is the same for AIs as for any other natrix entity,  no special rules required.

Bonus to DR is the "extra protection"
Robert "Banshee" Volbrecht
Freelancer & FAQ Committee member
Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team

ShroudedSciuridae

• Newb
« Reply #23 on: <05-17-23/1236:49> »
P. 63, Cyber Spike
"Make an Electronics + Resonance test vs. the traget's Body + Essence (rounded down)"
Issue: Rounding presumes this should be "Essence/2 (rounded down)"
Correction: Add correct divisor

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #24 on: <05-18-23/1032:33> »
P. 63, Cyber Spike
"Make an Electronics + Resonance test vs. the traget's Body + Essence (rounded down)"
Issue: Rounding presumes this should be "Essence/2 (rounded down)"
Correction: Add correct divisor
Essence isn't a whole number, so don't think a divisor is necessarily needed? 5.3->5 makes sense.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!