NEWS

What Role-Playing Games Are Really Like (When You're Drunk)

• 15 Replies

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« on: <11-24-10/1606:14> »
http://www.cracked.com/blog/what-role-playing-games-are-really-like-when-youre-drunk/

I'm sure at least a few of you have read this, but screw it.  It's damn funny and this is for those who haven't.

Sad thing is, I've had a few games go like that over the years and we were never drunk.  Or high.  Just really, really weird.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #1 on: <11-24-10/1948:31> »
My group was like that before we started drinking, the alcohol actually mellowed us and helped us concentrate. Funny stuff.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #3 on: <11-25-10/0311:08> »
No, that was because you look hot in Spandex ;D *runs for cover*
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <11-25-10/1002:19> »
I've never had the pleasure of gaming drunk, but I have gamed jacked up on flu meds ("No. You're sick." "BUT I ALREADY BOUGHT MY TICKETS FOR THE CON! *hackhackhackhack*"), on enough caffeine to probably count as a controlled substance, and incredibly tired. Fun stuff.
"People say I hate the living. It's not true. I just happen to see the potential inside all people; those great things anyone can do if they aren't trapped in their own consciousness and morals. And when I unlock that potential, death is the side-effect. I can't help that." - Dr. McMourning

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #5 on: <11-25-10/1114:15> »
24 hours without sleep is the equivalent of six shots of Jagermeister... ;)

(And I do look dashing in spandex...)

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #6 on: <11-26-10/1806:02> »
Spandex is an abomination unto the Lord.

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #7 on: <11-27-10/0511:52> »
Maybe yours, mine was a big fan of 80s strip clubs.
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #8 on: <11-27-10/1519:42> »
All I know, is one does not argue with Cthulhu and Cthulhu hates him some spandex.

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #9 on: <12-08-10/1057:50> »
Spandex is an abomination unto the Lord.
Spandex requires a license to wear. That would fix the problem with spandex quickly.

I have a great (foggy) memory of walking a party down a hallway, open a door & land at Detroit Metro Airport...
Twice back to back. I then went to bed on a players recommedation! ;D
Good Time! Good Times!
« Last Edit: <12-08-10/1100:32> by Usda Beph »
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #10 on: <12-08-10/2104:53> »
OK not necessaraly a RPG, but in my group we have a couple "filler" games we play for when we are waiting for others to arrive, etc.

One is from Steve Jackson Games called "Battle Cattle". For those of you who DONT know, its a card game...mostly where you pick a cow (with names like Jersey Devil, Angus Khan, Cowabunga...you get the idea) and you draw attack and defense cards from the deck and use them on your opponents. Now, each attack/defense card has a location: front, right, left, rear, etc. Some attack cards also are a bit on the..silly side. So Imagine six drunk knuckleheads throwing attack cards like the "Cattle Pult" (which yes, is a flaming pile of....yeah) and "Milk Bomb", attacking the front and rear...

Needless to say, some of the comments flying as attack cards were played were not work or family friendly if you catch my meaning...

:o
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #11 on: <12-09-10/0532:17> »
Heh. I've never been drunk. Nor did i drink alcohol at all. But i've been GMing under hard medication, and with a concussion and a 39,5C fever.
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

freddieflatline

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #12 on: <01-04-11/1133:42> »
OK not necessaraly a RPG, but in my group we have a couple "filler" games we play for when we are waiting for others to arrive, etc.

One is from Steve Jackson Games called "Battle Cattle". For those of you who DONT know, its a card game...mostly where you pick a cow (with names like Jersey Devil, Angus Khan, Cowabunga...you get the idea) and you draw attack and defense cards from the deck and use them on your opponents. Now, each attack/defense card has a location: front, right, left, rear, etc. Some attack cards also are a bit on the..silly side. So Imagine six drunk knuckleheads throwing attack cards like the "Cattle Pult" (which yes, is a flaming pile of....yeah) and "Milk Bomb", attacking the front and rear...

Needless to say, some of the comments flying as attack cards were played were not work or family friendly if you catch my meaning...

:o

Battle Cattle is the bomb.  I really need to find it.

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #13 on: <01-04-11/2039:44> »
If you can't find it at your local game shop (have seen it at all of the ones in my area), there is always the obvious Google, Amazon, and E-bay. And last I checked, the game was relatively cheap.
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

freddieflatline

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #14 on: <01-05-11/1655:38> »
My local game shop is usually good about getting stuff so I will go and ask about it.  Also I can direct order from SJ Games if I get desperate.