NEWS

Can I just vent for a minute? -insert long string of expletives here-

• 6 Replies

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« on: <07-19-16/1323:14> »
My fiance and I recently moved to a new city after our condo was sold out from under us without warning. What he did was illegal, but we lacked the money to take him to court, so we had no choice but to pack up and leave. We were both forced to leave good jobs that we loved, since they didn't pay quite well enough to get us a new place in the same city.

Since then we haven't been able to find new jobs, and it doesn't look like we're going to find any soon. Our phones get disconnected at the end of today, and we lose our truck (our only vehicle) on the 21st if we can't scrounge up $375 for the payment because the blasted thing has a fraggin kill-switch that'll disable the engine once payment is past due. Never mind rent, electric, and internet that are coming due soon.

On top of everything else, I'm running out of my medication, and no doc here wants to prescribe it to me because it can have some nasty side effects when taken long term, and I'm still young. I'm bedridden without it, so I definitely can't work if I can't find a doc willing to prescribe it. >:(

GAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!! *bangs head against wall repeatedly*
It is better to be crazy and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.

"Nothing is wrong if no one can stop you."

Remember, you're only a genius when they need you. The rest of the time you're just an asshole.

Well, drek. Looks like Timmy fell into the Dissonance Well again.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #1 on: <07-19-16/1851:15> »
That's a bummer!  :(  Good luck with everything, hope y'all can work it out.

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <07-19-16/1927:14> »
That's a bummer!  :(  Good luck with everything, hope y'all can work it out.

*stops banging head on wall*

The universe has been dreking on me since birth. My nervous system has gone completely haywire for reasons that have yet to be explained, then there's my Complex PTSD. The two feed off each other creating an ouroboros of suck. Unfortunately this also makes it hard for me to find work, but apparently I'm not quite sick enough to qualify for Disability since I technically can work, I'm just very limited on the kind of work I can do.

On the upside, we managed to get the phone bill paid. So we got that going for us. *sigh* Wonder if people will pay me for tarot and rune readings?

*resumes banging head on wall*

Remember, you're only a genius when they need you. The rest of the time you're just an asshole.

cantrip

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <07-20-16/0017:03> »
Wonder if people will pay me for tarot and rune readings?

Check to see if there are any renaissance festivals in the area - not a job fix per se (and very seasonal), but good side income!

Oh, and Catalyst is releasing some SR tarot cards --- see if they'll hire you to do demos! I'd love to have a reading done with shadowrun cards...granted it would probably be rather dark and dystopian like.... :P

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <07-20-16/0057:58> »
Wonder if people will pay me for tarot and rune readings?

Check to see if there are any renaissance festivals in the area - not a job fix per se (and very seasonal), but good side income!

Oh, and Catalyst is releasing some SR tarot cards --- see if they'll hire you to do demos! I'd love to have a reading done with shadowrun cards...granted it would probably be rather dark and dystopian like.... :P

Ren fair here isn't until February, but there is a pretty strong SCA presence here.

Shadowrun. Tarot. Cards. GIMME! That would be AWESOME! Still waiting for a Cards Against Metahumanity deck to come out.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #5 on: <07-20-16/0647:01> »
Are you or your GF a tradesperson?

If so, what trade?

I have contacts all over the world that I may be able to get you in contact with....
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <07-20-16/1225:52> »
Are you or your GF a tradesperson?

If so, what trade?

I have contacts all over the world that I may be able to get you in contact with....

Me? Not really. I want to get a pagan supply shop opened (think of me as a wannabe talismonger of sorts), but lack the capital to do so. I used to work as a PCA, but my health no longer permits it. My fiance will do dang near anything. He has experience mostly with stagehand work, but also has a lot of experience in landscaping, home/apartment maintenance, and just random odd jobs.