NEWS

Shadowrun Anarchy remastered

• 3 Replies

Mirage

• Newb
« on: <01-10-18/2335:29> »
Hey all, long time runner, first time caller.

My friends and I have played long enough that the first weapon damage codes have power AND staging! SR has come a long way since 1st Ed, and I can get by most of it. Our table has come back to it and is now playing Anarchy which I have mixed feelings about. Almost all of my reluctance (the dramatic nerfing of magic, limits on the # of skills, all rolls being opposed, partially finished rules in most of the book, poor editing & organization) can be overcome by embracing the incredible simplicity and hack-ability. We've been talking over changes to the system, bitching about the difficulty of finding stuff, and trying to figure out what to do about it. I think we are working on re-hashing the book, and polishing the rules.

Catalyst, if you somehow end up reading this you did a great thing in simplifying SR. I doubt that we would have come back to the game due to the increasing complexity of the game. It's been the smoothest, most invested the whole Table has been in a long time. Thanks for that.

xposted to r/shadowrun

Mr Johnson

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <01-24-18/1740:20> »
We should really start a respository of various conversion from different editions to Anarchy.  And rules hacks, we're probably starting to use our drain rules for the first time this week.   

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <01-24-18/1851:29> »
If you want to get some threads going, I’m happy to pin them for all to see.

Masterti

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <04-23-18/0052:44> »
We would like to co-invent. And share your opinion about the debate that has been debated now.