NEWS

So what is Munchy in the Run

• 56 Replies

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #30 on: <10-01-10/2021:55> »
True.  But sometimes the awesome factor alone is worth the money.  And you can always, you know, steal some.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #31 on: <10-01-10/2059:10> »
I'm surprised you haven't devised nanite grenades yet, Monky.

Hmm... Nanites with explosives in them. They get on the target, then soak in their skin with some DMSO, travel the bloodstream until they re-group, either in the brain or the heart, then POP! a little itty-bitty microbomb explosion.

Edit: I'd probably give them a Body test or something to resist the nanites grouping together, but still...

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #32 on: <10-01-10/2102:29> »
I'm surprised you haven't devised nanite grenades yet, Monky.
Who says I haven't?  Gas grenade + nanites = FUN!

Hmm... Nanites with explosives in them. They get on the target, then soak in their skin with some DMSO, travel the bloodstream until they re-group, either in the brain or the heart, then POP! a little itty-bitty microbomb explosion.
Sounds fun.  I'll have to try that.

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #33 on: <10-01-10/2241:12> »
yeah, he pronounces it OOS-duh.

And I'm not sure how Doom's gonna run it. It was just kinda thrown out there as a "yeah I think I'm going to have to limit you to 20..." We're learning as we're going.
"People say I hate the living. It's not true. I just happen to see the potential inside all people; those great things anyone can do if they aren't trapped in their own consciousness and morals. And when I unlock that potential, death is the side-effect. I can't help that." - Dr. McMourning

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #34 on: <10-02-10/0319:30> »
Hell, even the GMC bulldog comes with 24 soak dice standard. 
Yeah, well, it's an armored van.  It kind of should have more soak dice than your average metahuman.   ;D

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #35 on: <10-02-10/0927:15> »
Yeah, well, it's an armored van.  It kind of should have more soak dice than your average metahuman.   ;D

You should hope, anyway. XD From the way you guys have been making it sound.
"People say I hate the living. It's not true. I just happen to see the potential inside all people; those great things anyone can do if they aren't trapped in their own consciousness and morals. And when I unlock that potential, death is the side-effect. I can't help that." - Dr. McMourning

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #36 on: <10-02-10/1027:46> »
A minotaur isn't exactly your average metahuman though, one that runs the shadows and has bone density even less so. I can only think of one mentioned and it was in a novel. He died off quickly :-\
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Glyph

• Ace Runner
« Reply #37 on: <10-02-10/1434:02> »
The 20 dice is an optional rule that limits dice pools to 20 or double Attribute + skill, whichever is higher.  It is not meant to be used for things like soak dice.

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #38 on: <10-03-10/0706:19> »
The 20 dice is an optional rule that limits dice pools to 20 or double Attribute + skill, whichever is higher.  It is not meant to be used for things like soak dice.

Their game has no magic or matrixes, so there's no good counter to the combat tank.

Not that a GM should forever rely on combat to keep the team challenged, but they're just starting out.

Personally, I think 20 is low for a soak cap, even then..  maybe 24?  Enough to laugh off BF from a pistol/smg sounds about right for a melee tank in a magic-free game.  Also, it makes trolls a little scarier.  They're supposed to be scary.  Like "Oh god he's still coming!  Keep shooting!" scary.
« Last Edit: <10-03-10/0707:57> by Kontact »

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #39 on: <10-04-10/0809:06> »
Absolutely Crit... but Usda is not average! Physically he is way above average for a troll. Aveage Troll being what around 7-8 Bod/Str
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #40 on: <10-04-10/1250:27> »
Was reading this and got inspired:

Axe of Boom

Base Weapon:
Tomahawk (throwing axe)
Dmg: (STR/2)+2P

Weapon Modifications:
Smartgun System
Advanced Safety (Explosive Self-destruct, 10P flechette, 5 AP, blast -2/m Radius)
Gecko Grip
Wireless Adapter (dunno if this is needed)

Throw axe, hit, do damage, laugh manically, remotely trigger the axe's self destruct.

The Gecko Grip is there to make the axe harder to pull out once it hits, plus you can "store" axes ready for use just by sticking them to your body.

All for under a thousand nuyen a pop.

:)

-k
« Last Edit: <10-04-10/1253:19> by KarmaInferno »

Mach

• Newb
« Reply #41 on: <10-04-10/1303:12> »
any chance on including a built in taser?

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #42 on: <10-04-10/1419:27> »
A tin can full of high end explosive would probably be cheaper.  I'd have to look though.  I like the concept though.  Sounds fun.

System

• Newb
« Reply #43 on: <10-05-10/1446:14> »
The Gecko Grip is there to make the axe harder to pull out once it hits, plus you can "store" axes ready for use just by sticking them to your body.
Gecko Grip won't work that way, assuming you're intending for it to be harder for the victim to pull out because of the Gecko Grip on the blade.  Gecko Grip is useless when wet.

Funny idea though.

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #44 on: <10-05-10/1459:22> »

Their game has no magic or matrixes, so there's no good counter to the combat tank.

Not that a GM should forever rely on combat to keep the team challenged, but they're just starting out.

Personally, I think 20 is low for a soak cap, even then..  maybe 24?  Enough to laugh off BF from a pistol/smg sounds about right for a melee tank in a magic-free game.  Also, it makes trolls a little scarier.  They're supposed to be scary.  Like "Oh god he's still coming!  Keep shooting!" scary.
We will be adding Magic in some kind of short order. As for countering a combat tank... Sitck and shock 1/2s armor Theres also gasses (CS, Sleep, Puke) that get past armor pretty easy. Touch attacks using Slap patches. Do I need to go on?
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.