NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings DUSK

• 445 Replies

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #60 on: <09-23-16/0516:42> »
I don't think many shadowrunners can be lawful, as we break the law by design.  I think Sammy would be neutral, with a bit of good.

PS: if you're not familiar with alignments, see the attached picture for an explanation
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #61 on: <09-23-16/0522:53> »
Lawful doesn't necessarily mean following the law, at least by my interpretation. It's more about following a code that exists outside of one's self. Snow, as an example, is a member of the Vory. Though the Vory are a criminal syndicate, they have a hierarchy and a code. Members are expected to follow that code, honor their oaths, and respect their superiors. All of that is Lawful.
« Last Edit: <09-23-16/0525:02> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #62 on: <09-23-16/0812:49> »
Chaotic Good it is then ;)
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #63 on: <09-23-16/0840:14> »
So team composition is

Sammy - Neutral Good
Clem - Chaotic Good
Torley - Neutral
Snow - Lawful Evil
O'Connor - Chaotic Evil

Oh, god, this team is going to tear itself apart the first time a tough moral choice has to be made.

Characters

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #64 on: <09-23-16/0916:29> »
Oh, god, this team is going to tear itself apart the first time a tough moral choice has to be made.

Tell me something I didn't know :)

Since there are no laws in Lagos except the law of the strongest (and on the island there is also some semblance of law), things will be more tricky for Sammy and Clem.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #65 on: <09-23-16/1111:37> »
Are the runners going to Lagos?
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #66 on: <09-23-16/1115:05> »
Are the runners going to Lagos?

Yes we are.  I know that the first part of the artefacts search is in Lagos (or around it, but that's basically the same thing).  And the message said 'exotic location'.  Time to get that water purification spell.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #67 on: <09-23-16/2356:20> »
Since there are no laws in Lagos except the law of the strongest (and on the island there is also some semblance of law), things will be more tricky for Sammy and Clem.

Sound's like O'Connor's type of place. Maybe he should take lead on this one.

Characters

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #68 on: <09-25-16/2126:26> »
Wow.  I am going to have to believe that the GM has a plan for this, because right now I am feeling a bit set up.  I cannot break from what I am doing until sometime Sunday and now I also have to be ready to leave pronto.  I will wait to see if anything develops.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #69 on: <09-25-16/2233:46> »
No plan.  Qualities are challenges to be worked around and you take the hits that go with it.  Make it work.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #70 on: <09-25-16/2244:25> »
LOL  Alright, we can do this.  Right now I know nothing of what is being discussed with the J and very little of anything happening at the dinner meeting.  Am I to continue winging that meeting?  I can if you have no plan for it, but do not wish to go ahead of my team.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #71 on: <09-26-16/0214:50> »
Negotiation: Skill[4] + CHA[6] + Improved Ability[2] + Kinesics[3]: 15d6t5 4

...well, that sucked. No glitch, but I could've done about as well buying hits. Sigh. Though if she's really worried about time, that should either give Sam more dice or take some away from her pool...

Since there's a cooling trail, maybe Torley should ask her how much longer it would take to find a more amenable team?

Characters

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #72 on: <09-26-16/0307:45> »
No plan.  Qualities are challenges to be worked around and you take the hits that go with it.  Make it work.

I would say we set-up a web-ex meeting, but with the matrix blockers in the club, that's going to be a bit difficult.  We can also use Necro's suggestion of course.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #73 on: <09-26-16/0714:24> »
Wow.  I am going to have to believe that the GM has a plan for this, because right now I am feeling a bit set up.  I cannot break from what I am doing until sometime Sunday and now I also have to be ready to leave pronto.  I will wait to see if anything develops.

Mercy, you can bet good money that the moment we take a run within Seattle, Halloweeners are going to be coming out of the woodworks to take down O'Connor. As for the current situation, how bulletproof is your backstory? How okay are the Vory with Snow moonlighting as a shadowrunner?   If you put in safeguards, they should understand that there are impromptu opportunities within the shadows.

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #74 on: <09-26-16/0746:56> »
Continue winging, keeping pace with the other timeline, so when the trainwreck happens it is real time.  Enjoying your story, nothing i need to add.

LOL  Alright, we can do this.  Right now I know nothing of what is being discussed with the J and very little of anything happening at the dinner meeting.  Am I to continue winging that meeting?  I can if you have no plan for it, but do not wish to go ahead of my team.