NEWS

toxin/poison coating your blades

• 6 Replies

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« on: <04-02-11/0512:23> »
Hey chummers I've been searching the books I've got for any info on the rules stand point on coating a blade (throwing knife, sword) with a specific toxin or poison, and how it would pertain as to the effects on the target. Is there anywhere in the rule books that specifically accounts for a runner doing this? Is it normally house ruled? I'm sure it's been done by someone somewhere, and I'm looking for facts before speculation. Can anyone help me out on this one?
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #1 on: <04-02-11/0532:04> »
It's suggested under the rules for cyberglands in Augmentation (suggesting them as a means to coat cyberweapons,) but there are no rules for how it works exactly.

I would say one strike = 1 dose of contact or injection vector toxin, but injection is only applied when P is done.
After each strike/application the blade would need to be re-coated.

For hand-held blades I think the cost of an autoinjector should cover whatever type of system should be needed to reliably coat a weapon.

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <04-02-11/0540:28> »
Awesome. Thanks for the input. I'm building an adept that can go melee really well, but also can throw knives like a professional, I've got him stacking missile mastery and power throw to the point where he's doing 8P damage with just a throwing knife, but i want to give him the option of adding "and suddenly paralysis!" or something just as nasty with them.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <04-02-11/0552:34> »
buy yourself balanced syringes with something in.  I'm sure you and your GM can come up with something that would work.

As for melee weapons, I'm not sure if it was in Shadowrun, but I've seen somewhere a system where in the hilt of the blade there was a vial with extra doses and there were some grooves in the weapon.  That way you could recoat by pushing a button, which would fill the grooves with a new dose.  Do damage et voila, a new dose of poison.  I would say pushing the button is free action.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <04-02-11/0554:55> »
well if you do find it somewhere in your books, would you kindly post it up along with the book and maybe page #?
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <04-05-11/1626:16> »
Katana with underbarrel supersquirt..... mwahaha