NEWS

A diamond in the rough....

• 37 Replies

chadawc

• Newb
  • ummmm...grrrrr?
« on: <05-16-12/1540:16> »
Does any one know what happened to dicoting? or how ever you spell it. it basicly took diamonds turned them in to a gas and bonded them to your armor and weapons to make them as hard as diamond.
I am not a violent man and know hurting you will bring me no pleasure(Raises gun and then smiles) well maybe a little...

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <05-16-12/1545:32> »
It's now assumed it's all ready on everything

beowulf_of_wa

• Omae
  • just say no to rotary assault cannons and bubba.
« Reply #2 on: <05-16-12/1738:06> »
dikote

i recall hearing it was removed in sr4 mostly from being severely overused by players and possibly breaking parts of the game system (dikoted cyberdeck internals and case, operates just fine at high temps and can be used as improvised chest armor for the decker)
Carpe Noctem (seize the night)
Carpe per Diem (seize the pay), Carpe Dentum (seize the teeth), Carpe Denim (seize the pants)
Carpe Panem (seize the bread/capital)

no, i won't "just get over it."

NERPS!! for idiocy! NERPS!! for the minty fresh feeling! NERPS!! for gods! NERPS!! for guard duty!

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <05-16-12/1812:21> »
Some Groups i know of still use it and as a Houserule  it gives AP-1 .Cost is the same ,Avail is about 12 (not quite sure)

He who dances with Diamonds at the Sole of his Shoes
Medicineman
http://english.bouletcorp.com/2013/08/02/the-long-journey/
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1V7fi5IqYw
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYlAPjyNm8

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #4 on: <05-16-12/1922:52> »
A possibility is that it was technology that was lost during Crash 2.0.  After all, it doesn't take much to kill a pretty high-end product that was probably only made in a few places.

A few riots, a few fires, a few lost SINs, and most, if not all, of the people involved are D-E-D dead.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

ChromeZephyr

• Newb
  • Listen much, talk little
« Reply #5 on: <05-16-12/2027:58> »
<snip>
A few riots, a few fires, a few lost SINs, and most, if not all, of the people involved are D-E-D dead.

Is it wrong that I heard that last bit with a stereotypical troll voice?

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #6 on: <05-16-12/2310:38> »
Actually, I was using a stereotypical French-Canadian accent.  That was in a Troll voice.  ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #7 on: <05-16-12/2334:18> »
Actually, I was using a stereotypical French-Canadian accent.  That was in a Troll voice.  ;D

Really? 'Cause when I read it I hear it in an inner-city-black-gang-banger voice. That sounds like a troll.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Yogi

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <05-17-12/0406:38> »
Actually, I was using a stereotypical French-Canadian accent. 

You are going to make me think I'm home with mom.  :)
Thoughts
Speaking
Comlink

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #9 on: <05-17-12/0648:12> »
Actually, I heard it in a bad Italian accent.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ghcv0bvzsCA
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Blue_Lion

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <05-19-12/1823:37> »
Dikote realy got bad whith weapons, more so than anything else take a combat axe dikote it and give it to a troll. That makes it a weapon with base damage code deadly then do a called shot to the head and well.....

Not shure how the coating stopes things from over heating does not make sense to me. The worse part of it was the math of figuring out how big a item was because it charged by squared centemeters.(and that is per surface. so a whole deck and insides is total surface space + inside surface space not shur how you came up with the exact number on that.

beowulf_of_wa

• Omae
  • just say no to rotary assault cannons and bubba.
« Reply #11 on: <05-19-12/2257:11> »
twas easy, i looked inside my desktop PC, counted surfaces, then measured area of my mom old yamaha keyboard, came up with what i figured was a fair number, and then rolled a pair of D6 for cost multiple. end result: way costly, but worth it for RP purposes. some folks wanted the deck for what it had done (mostly cops and corps) some wanted it for how it looked (definitely custom look and an attention-getter), the rest just didn't want ME to have it.
Carpe Noctem (seize the night)
Carpe per Diem (seize the pay), Carpe Dentum (seize the teeth), Carpe Denim (seize the pants)
Carpe Panem (seize the bread/capital)

no, i won't "just get over it."

NERPS!! for idiocy! NERPS!! for the minty fresh feeling! NERPS!! for gods! NERPS!! for guard duty!

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #12 on: <05-20-12/0102:31> »
Really? 'Cause when I read it I hear it in an inner-city-black-gang-banger voice. That sounds like a troll.
Troll voices usually are very deep and emotionless.  Ability to use the language they're talking in depends on their education and environment growing up.

I remember one fellow from New York that I met in College that was jealous of the way I talked, as I sounded smart.  I talk like everyone else did where I grew up, I just had a larger vocabulary than most.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #13 on: <05-26-12/1655:17> »
Not shure how the coating stopes things from over heating does not make sense to me.
Diamond is an efficient heat transfer medium. A coating that can wick heat away from electronic components more efficiently than having no coating at all would help prevent overheating.

-k

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #14 on: <05-26-12/2128:45> »
So it works as a heat sink.  Gotcha.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11