NEWS

Eyesight recruitment thread (IC)

• 30 Replies

Volker

• Ace Runner
« on: <04-22-16/0244:08> »
[spoiler]Matrix search: 13d6t5 6 (all hits within limit)
For "obscure" and/or "on another grid" I would lose one hit each, making it 4, 5 or 6.
Please tell us if there is anything beyond your posted CV we ought to know.[/spoiler]

Shortly after you answered to our request, you receive an answer. Date and time for a meeting were fixed. The exact location would not be named until roughly half an hour before the meeting to avoid the wrong kind of preparation in case the wrong persons answer our call.
It's a Thursday, and it's roughly 4 pm when the message arrives at your 'link. The destined place is the office of an empty factory hall in Redmond. You are specifically asked to come with your meat body.

When you arrive, the team is already there and the hall is cleared from any visitors, metahuman or not. The office is prepared for an interview. They are enough seats to sit down, light is still coming in through the windows, and bnc brought a flower pot.

[spoiler]@team This is just how I figure it. Please add you ideas or alter the setting if it's not to your liking. I just made this up to start quickly. Also I apologize if it's not fleshed out nicely. I'm a bit in a hurry.[/spoiler]
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
  • When in doubt, blame the dragons.
« Reply #1 on: <04-22-16/0747:45> »
[Spoiler] He doesn't have a lot of dirty laundry to be honest. He is staying with an ex runner named Floatknife. He managed a few jobs in the past but nothing street legendary. Oh! He has Short Brown Hair and Yellow Eyes.[/Spoiler]

"I cannot believe I am doing this." He thinks to himself. He is wearing jeans and an armored jacket. Strapped to his side is a holster with his Fichetti. He walks in, sits down, and tries to Assent the others in front of him.

[Spoiler]
Assensing: 10d6t7 1

Assensing: 10d6t7 2

Assensing: 10d6t7 3

Wow. I'll let the GM determine who got what roll... I uh... DANG...[/Spoiler]
From To<<Matrix message>>
Thoughts
Mentor
"As a Mage I have no issue with 'shoot the face first'. He deserves it and it's about time they stopped targeting me right from the go." -The Tekwych

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <04-22-16/0944:27> »
The the ork seems to be in good shape and seems to be awakened. The troll, the elf and the girl are mundane - with the troll showing some large holes in his essence. All four are pretty calm.
« Last Edit: <04-22-16/1127:42> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <04-22-16/1014:51> »
"Hello... I am..." Eyesight realized he didn't pick out an alias! He coughed and said the first thing that came to mind. "I am Eyesight."
Thoughts
Mentor
"As a Mage I have no issue with 'shoot the face first'. He deserves it and it's about time they stopped targeting me right from the go." -The Tekwych

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #4 on: <04-22-16/1538:01> »
The impressively tall and broad-shouldered blonde troll seated in the middle of the group eyed the yellow-eyed mage cooly, his hair slicked back as his longcoat framed his shoulders.  Leaning forward slightly, his hands were held together in front of him, elbows propped on the table's edge.  Nodding slowly, his Russian-accented voice rumbled out in response to his shaky introduction.

"Greetings, Eyesight.  Am Krestov, pleasure to meet.  Please, sit, and we may begin."  Holding his hand out, he glanced to the others before looking the man over, blue cybereyes blinking slowly as he did so.

[spoiler]Perception (vis enh. 2): 9d6t5 2[/spoiler]

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <04-23-16/0121:08> »
The Orc raised his hand.

"Kon'nichiwa"
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
" translated foreign language" (Foreign Language)

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <04-23-16/1640:21> »
Eyesight took a seat. "So... should I talk about what I can do... or do you have any questions?" He tried to act cool. "I am a Mage of the Chaos Tradition. My Father and the man who got me this meet have taught me a total of 12 spells."
Thoughts
Mentor

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <04-23-16/1919:25> »
Slobbertooth decided to take the lead on the conversation, as it was still his job to organize, and he was still Mr. Johnson for another week. He was confident that bnc and Krestov would have more detailed questions after he started with the basics.

"So let's get through the easy stuff first. The girl and the Troll will have more questions for, I'm sure.

"How much experience do you have in this field? How long have you been doing this?

"What would you claim to be your area of expertise?

"Are you looking for employment for a single job, or a more long term partnership?

"Do you have any prior commitments that we should be aware of?"
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
" translated foreign language" (Foreign Language)

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <04-23-16/1947:49> »
Slobbertooth decided to take the lead on the conversation, as it was still his job to organize, and he was still Mr. Johnson for another week. He was confident that bnc and Krestov would have more detailed questions after he started with the basics.

"So let's get through the easy stuff first. The girl and the Troll will have more questions for, I'm sure.

"How much experience do you have in this field? How long have you been doing this?

"What would you claim to be your area of expertise?

"Are you looking for employment for a single job, or a more long term partnership?

"Do you have any prior commitments that we should be aware of?"

He took a deep breath and spoke. "In order of being asked... My whole life. I awoke at a very young age and my father helped me not to burn down the house. I became more and more interested in the magical world as I grew up. I don't know the true extent of his power but my Dad was a chameleon in the Astral. Taught me all his tricks. He was a reasonably intitated caster so I had a great education within the range my tradition. After the... incident... I uh..  well I went to work as an errand boy for a Talismonger. I mostly did legwork for mundane people. I have spells that let me peek in astral wards. I have astral clairvoance and I can hide in the astral well enough. I specialize in finding wards in particular. I guess ive been practicing magic my whole life but ended up specializing in astral survailance." He cleared his throat. "I... I'd like long term employment if possible. I need the nuyen. And I flat out refuse to go corp. Never. And uh... Well my Dad is putting me through higu school... but to be honest thats not going out too well and I would be more then happy to drop out on a hat... God..." He rubbed his temples. "If not sooner..."
Thoughts
Mentor

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <04-25-16/0920:53> »
bnc purses her lips after Slob's initial questions, and leans forward. She's dressed in a neat jacket as if she was cold. Maybe she is, considering that she can't weigh more than a hundred pounds. There is, however, a vivid gleam in her eyes.
"That is quite an ... interesting CV you have. I'd really like to get a touch for you. Can you tell me about your magic? How do you experience mana? How do you see spirits and in which relation do you stand to them? Do you have a mentor spirit? "
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <04-25-16/1127:28> »
bnc purses her lips after Slob's initial questions, and leans forward. She's dressed in a neat jacket as if she was cold. Maybe she is, considering that she can't weigh more than a hundred pounds. There is, however, a vivid gleam in her eyes.
"That is quite an ... interesting CV you have. I'd really like to get a touch for you. Can you tell me about your magic? How do you experience mana? How do you see spirits and in which relation do you stand to them? Do you have a mentor spirit? "

A gleam came into Eyesight's eyes as well. "Well Chaos is the natural order of magic in my opinion. I just use trial and error to find the right way to make mana flow into a spell. Then practice it until I master its casting. Sure its not... you know... spiritual like Shamanism or super scientific like Hermantism but I feel the intuitive grasp of magic more then makes up for those things. Spirits are great! You just have to be very careful and respectful when dealing with them. They live in magic and we only just scratch its surface. So naturally we shouldn't try to anger them. I am on good terms with my spirits. I try not to bother them unless I can offer a dram of some sort as a payment for service." Then he smiled wide. "And Mentor Spirits..  oh man Mentor Spirits. Totems are the meaning of Chaos in magic. They make ABSOLUTELY no sense. They exist and don't exist at the same time! Even the worlds most powerful mages have no true explanation! Shamans, all due resepct given, gave up and just called them totems and stopped asking but if everyone is honest with themselves no one knows what they really are! How can they exist? Why? Its all conjecture!" He took out his commlink. "I have been studying them all my life. The most I have ever been able to do is realize contact with my mentor, Dog. Mostly mentors are a feeling for most people. I have yet to really commune with my Totem but I know he is there. I could sense him after meditating in the Astral one day. There he was. Communications vary from mentor to mentor though. I interviewed this adept once who had the Dragonslayer totem and claimed that the Dragonslayer talked to him casually throughout the day. And a Shaman who had Wise Warrior has gone his entire life before hearing a piece of advice on warfare. Totems are different towards people as their needs and personality vary. Um... but uh... maybe I should stop... I could be here a while if allowed to go into my theories."
Thoughts
Mentor

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <04-25-16/1257:27> »
"Ah, you are a fellow thaumatologist? That's amazing. I could never quite wrap my head around Caesar McCyld's theory of interstellar sub-material mana twists. You know, the one where he tries to explain how astronomical constellations, despite the apparent absence of both astral and metaplanar substance, influence mana currents here on, as he puts it, Gaea's body. What I found quite impressive is the fact that he doesn't just reduce it to psychological aspects like most usual attempts. Still, I never quite figured out, how the - how did he put it? - sub-material force exactly stems from. Did you ever get that..? Maybe?"

[spoiler]I'm just totally making things up. bnc is absolutely into magical theory. You can just roll on Magic Theory and make up your own nonsense if you get, say, three or four hits. ^^
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <04-25-16/1611:57> »
[Spoiler]Magic Theory: 12d6t5 3 Looks like I am in understanding. [/Spoiler]

"I always found it unusual that he didn't point out that the moon plays a significant factor in affecting the magic as well but has a much subtler affect by comparison in some areas." Eyesight replied. "You should read Asper Costello. That guy visited the metaplanes supposedly."
Thoughts
Mentor

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #13 on: <04-25-16/2333:49> »
During the discussion on magic theory, Krestov remained silent, keeping his gaze either towards his own hands or on the mage doing the talking.  He couldn't help but offer a smirk, his thoughts wandering only for a moment.  This one scores points with our hacker, I think...someone who understands what she loves to study  Keeping the thought to himself, he would clear his throat when the discussion seemed to be drawing to a close.

"Well, proves Eyesight knows and has studied craft.  and has claim of experience, practical or no.  Krestov happy to see that.  Need to ask, because will be working with us, would like to know what Eyesight capable of."  He relaxed his stance in the chair, adopting a more friendly demeanor.  "Please tell Krestov if questions not clear.  How often Eyesight need work under pressure?  In situations have to adapt?  If needed, can Eyesight defend self, or require team for protection?"

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <04-26-16/0016:39> »
"Well casting always causes a bit of pressure. One second its flawless the next the casting hit you for hard drain and your bleeding internally..." He lost a bit of his smile at that and stared inwardly in himself for a second. "Its like vomiting a knife at best..." Then he snapped out of it. "But I can cast under presssure. As for adaption I have heal, armor, astral and power barriers, flamethrower, stunbolt, invisibilty, chaos and chaos world which create physical illusions, astral window which lets me look inside astral wards, astral clairvoyance which helps me spy from afar in the astral, and I can mindlink with people to communicate from the astral realm while im in astral. I could easily tell you all what I find as it happens or do recon or guard duty with this power. I often use it for work. And uh... well... I uh... there is one spell... but I tend not to talk about it unless its neccesary but..." He didn't want to sound like he was playing up his powers but there was... "Mana static. It artifically increases the background count of a given area for an amount determinated by the power of the cast. Useful for sabotage I guess. Affects everyone in the area though. Even me. I don't like using it except as a last resort. I can do quite a bit with those spells but the thing with mages is that no matter how hard we try we specialize in our spells. I was taught a ton of the spells I know now by Floatknife who thought they would be useful. And uh... I have never been in a fight once. My dad taught me a bit of kickboxing and I have been to a firing range enough to know how a pistol works but uh... I might get geeked in combat as I am right now without combat assistance." He said nervously.
Thoughts
Mentor