NEWS

What really happened to?

• 107 Replies

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <02-28-12/0318:04> »
Dunno who that is, Longshot. Sorry.

Whatever happened to Sukie Redflower? She popped up in an ad in Street Magic, but other than that...

Saito. As in General Saito, who broke from the Japanese Imperial military forces and took over parts of California. Instituted violent anti-metahuman policies. It was talked about a LOT towards the end of 3e. IIRC it was mentioned in Year of the Comet and System Failure, at the very least. He was a big deal.

I'd like to know, especially given the all-but-confirmed Human Nation backing to Saito's operations.  He was also trying to keep the Japanese influence in that part of California going strong.

While I think of it, what effect did the earthquakes that trashed LA have on San Francisco?

Hammerfist

• Newb
  • Phys. Adept w/o a moral compass
« Reply #16 on: <03-03-12/1926:07> »
What ever happened to Samuel "Twist" Verner and Hart.  I know that he was burned out and made mundane by his Ghostdance, and he was also "carrying" the souls, anima, essence, whatever of the fallen Dancers.  But what happened to those two afterward.  I'd like to know.
Forget the gun, a fist never runs out of bullets.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #17 on: <03-03-12/2143:39> »
Saito got his ass kicked to the curb, as I recall. Now whether his Human Nation backers were affected any, that's hard to say.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <03-04-12/0346:49> »
Saito got his ass kicked to the curb, as I recall. Now whether his Human Nation backers were affected any, that's hard to say.

Yeah, that's the impression.  What happened to the man, though?  There are bugger-all details.  I'd like to know whether he became a light snack for Hestaby, or is being kept under wraps somewhere for eventual unleashing for the Human Nation again.  Or what.  Cue Snopes/Plan 9  ;)

Red

• Omae
  • Good plans load the dice. Good stories trump them.
« Reply #19 on: <03-04-12/0353:28> »
I know they said what happened to Sherman Huang somewhere (In prison?), but what happened to Cham and Cliber? And Redline and Ronin, for that matter? The old Renraku gang never calls me, anymore...
"My writing is more akin to a cook than a farmer: give me the pieces, and what comes out of it is greater than the sum of it's parts. Give me nothing, and I just stare dumbly. It's a failing, but then, it's also a living."

ShadowSea, for my players.
http://shadowsea.webnode.com/

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #20 on: <03-04-12/0440:55> »
Ronin was arrested by the FBI in 2070 in Cambridge, Massachusetts. He is a technomancer.

Red

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <03-04-12/0444:19> »
Ronin was arrested by the FBI in 2070 in Cambridge, Massachusetts. He is a technomancer.

Where does that pop up? I really need to stay SOTA... Any word on what he was up to? It's nice to know he's alive, anyway. Assuming he isn't, you know, harboring some system key that reawakens Deus...
"My writing is more akin to a cook than a farmer: give me the pieces, and what comes out of it is greater than the sum of it's parts. Give me nothing, and I just stare dumbly. It's a failing, but then, it's also a living."

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #22 on: <03-04-12/0444:55> »
I know they said what happened to Sherman Huang somewhere (In prison?), but what happened to Cham and Cliber? And Redline and Ronin, for that matter? The old Renraku gang never calls me, anymore...
Will have to look up Renraku shutdown again, but I think Cliber was mentioned in there...
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <03-04-12/0456:23> »
Ronin/Michael Bishop is mentioned in Emergence.

Red

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <03-04-12/0502:08> »
Will have to look up Renraku shutdown again, but I think Cliber was mentioned in there...

Definitely in Shutdown. Cliber was, to the best of my knowledge, last seen in Brainscan, which brings the Arcology plot to a basic close. But that's, what, 7-10 years previous to modern SR.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #25 on: <03-04-12/0526:20> »
Almost thirteen now (May 11, 2061—Deus escapes).
« Last Edit: <03-04-12/0543:12> by James Meiers »

Red

• Omae
« Reply #26 on: <03-04-12/0531:06> »
*facepalm* Come 4:30am, I've even lost my ability to do basic math.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #27 on: <03-04-12/1310:35> »
I seem to remember Cliber and Cham being dead. Might have just been in my game though, it all runs together over the years.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« Reply #28 on: <08-07-13/1330:27> »
So I was re-rading Bug City and other bug-related stories, and I was wondering...

- What happened to Kyle Teller? Did he ever appear in another book? Did he find his wife and kid in --one way or another? I hoped he would get a mention when Anne Ravenheart got her entry in Street Legends Supplemental, but unfortunately nothing.
- What happened to Jason Two-Spirits? Last time I read about him was in Target: UCAS, where he and the rest of the Sanctum refugees are said to have simply vanished when Ares started using Strain III-Beta in Chicago. What that ever explained?
- Is it me or is Chicago's creepy ex-mayor Jerome Standish could be an early Shedim?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

BlackMyron

• Newb
« Reply #29 on: <08-07-13/1835:56> »
I was surprised to see that Dragonslayer was said to have been killed in gang violence - an unusual way for an anti-dragon crusader to go out.