NEWS

Load Times

• 86 Replies

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #75 on: <08-31-16/0038:34> »
Nah, it's much simpler, there are too many messages right now for the forum to handle easily (which is probably due to a mix of a low-tier server, no maintenance in the last year, etc). Maybe some conflicting mods, etc.
Trimming the useless stuff in the database (expired cache sessions and so on) could probably improve things a bit.

Makes sense. I have noticed quite a few new members on the boards. There may be simply too many now for the server to handle, especially if there's a lot of old inactive accounts (like, haven't been logged in for over a year) cluttering things up.
It is better to be crazy and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.

"Nothing is wrong if no one can stop you."

Remember, you're only a genius when they need you. The rest of the time you're just an asshole.

Well, drek. Looks like Timmy fell into the Dissonance Well again.

Irn0rchid

• Omae
« Reply #76 on: <08-31-16/1726:36> »
Server:Maintenance::Books:Errata? :P

Irn0rchid

• Omae
« Reply #77 on: <10-03-16/0924:44> »
So the forums are extra bonus slow this morning. Any word on some sort of improvement?

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #78 on: <10-04-16/0521:44> »
I'm getting more and more time-out errors lately.  It's not easy playing a PbP when you're never sure if your post is going to make it through (I now save each one in a temp file just to make sure I don't have to retype it).
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #79 on: <10-04-16/0642:05> »
I'm getting more and more time-out errors lately.  It's not easy playing a PbP when you're never sure if your post is going to make it through (I now save each one in a temp file just to make sure I don't have to retype it).

Yea... I lost a huge post I was working when the site had a hiccup.... might just start writing stuff out in wordpad then Copy/Paste when I am done... but that only really helps me when I have a computer... I mostly post from my phone :(
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #80 on: <10-04-16/1124:22> »
This is why some games/threads moved over to the forums at Dumpshock.  Of course, Dumpshock has now been down since the weekend, so that may or may not have been a good decisions …

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #81 on: <10-04-16/1325:48> »
<facepalm>

Me thinks it was a shadow Op....

Someone's employer somewhere has said "Little Johnny is spending too much time surfing this site a work. Deal with it."
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #82 on: <10-04-16/1334:35> »
My money is on Deus.
It is better to be crazy and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.

"Nothing is wrong if no one can stop you."

Remember, you're only a genius when they need you. The rest of the time you're just an asshole.

Well, drek. Looks like Timmy fell into the Dissonance Well again.

Irn0rchid

• Omae
« Reply #83 on: <10-04-16/1502:59> »
With it starting on the 1st, my money is on a bill not being paid. :P

Dwagonzhan

• Chummer
  • Drake on the run.
« Reply #84 on: <10-18-16/1622:19> »
Since I joined, I've been relenting in most of my posting simply because the combination of horrific loading issues and my garbage internet have caused me to lose many, many posts (and patience).
It's to the point where I save any post longer than a few sentences (to notepad or clipboard).
"You haven't truly lived until you've had a Cortex bomb!" ~Former GM

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #85 on: <10-20-16/1025:20> »
It's to the point where I save any post longer than a few sentences (to notepad or clipboard).

In fairness (not taking away from the issues we have here), this is good practice regardless of the you're posting on.

Stoneglobe

• Omae
  • Drug Addled Console Cowboy
« Reply #86 on: <11-13-16/0619:55> »
This is something I have always suffered from and if anything is getting worse and not better. Just to be able to add this post has taken me almost 10 minutes of waiting for the page to load and having to relaunch several times. This isn't a one off occurrence either but more a regular or even daily problem.
´Wonderful´, the Flatline said,´I never did like to do anything simple when I could do it ass-backwards.´ - William Gibson, Neuromancer
“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.” - William Gibson