NEWS

Hyperthreading sequencing

• 2 Replies

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« on: <09-20-18/1904:34> »
I’ve been looking at Hyperthreading for a while now as I’m planning to finally get over my prejudices against TMs and give such a character a go.

I was wondering about the effect on defense rolls actually, as I was thinking to stack up Diffuse Firewall, Derezz, and Puppeteer.
My question is, would the defense value change for each part of the Comflex Form, or remain static?
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

kainite311

• Chummer
  • PC's are just murder hobo's...
« Reply #1 on: <09-20-18/2215:44> »
I would assume it stays static, as all the effects happen at once. To my knowledge there is no "order" when hyperthreading, it's all instantaneous.
Kainite
Actually, in most Shadowrun games, they typically have a Lifestyle so they're either Murder Hobos (Street/Squatter Level) or Murder Renters (Low+ level)

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <09-20-18/2250:44> »
It's one roll to resolve, so Software + Resonance dice to Thread and each sub-form of the Thread has that many hits v the stated resistance (typically Willpower and Firewall), then all the effects resolve. 

Hyperthreading specifically states all the Complex forms in the Hyperthread are treated as a single Complex Form.  There is no MtG style order of resolution or anything like that.