NEWS

Run and Gun Errata

• 127 Replies

ProfGast

• Omae
« Reply #45 on: <04-14-14/0222:21> »
It remains unclear what, if anything, Second Skin stacks with..
After some digging in Arsenal and a second look at the organization of Run and Gun: Zoé owns Executive Suite, Heritage, Moonsilver/Nightshade AND Second Skin.

As such, Second Skin stacks with appropriately custom fit suits of Zoé.

The book just doesn't do a good job of showing that.  The only other manufacturesr who has multiple lines like Zoe shown is Shiawase and Ares.  Vashon Island (Shiawase) has the Aces High, Steampunk, Synergist and Sleeping Tiger lines, and Ares has the Globetrotter/Wild Hunt, Industrious, Big Game Hunter and Rapid Transit lines.

Also from Arsenal, the "Nissan Optimum II" (pg38) probably should be the "Nitama Optimum II."  Though I suppose Nissan may have acquired the rights?
« Last Edit: <04-14-14/0224:51> by ProfGast »

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #46 on: <04-14-14/1034:40> »
It remains unclear what, if anything, Second Skin stacks with..
After some digging in Arsenal and a second look at the organization of Run and Gun: Zoé owns Executive Suite, Heritage, Moonsilver/Nightshade AND Second Skin.

As such, Second Skin stacks with appropriately custom fit suits of Zoé.

The book just doesn't do a good job of showing that.  The only other manufacturesr who has multiple lines like Zoe shown is Shiawase and Ares.  Vashon Island (Shiawase) has the Aces High, Steampunk, Synergist and Sleeping Tiger lines, and Ares has the Globetrotter/Wild Hunt, Industrious, Big Game Hunter and Rapid Transit lines.

Also from Arsenal, the "Nissan Optimum II" (pg38) probably should be the "Nitama Optimum II."  Though I suppose Nissan may have acquired the rights?

Thanks for doing the digging--this is very handy.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

mjack

• Chummer
« Reply #47 on: <04-15-14/1900:59> »
Pg. 20: Cougar Fineblades are more expensive with worse attributes and at higher avaiability than a Combat Knife (Core Rulebook, Pg. 423).

Pg. 25: All throwing weapons are only listed with Accuracy for Throwing Weapons. Which values are used when wielding an Harpoon or Cavalier Arms Urban Tribe Tomahawk in melee … or ain't this possible at all?

Pg. 30 (Fichetti Executive Action) and Pg. 33 (Savalette Guardian): What again was the idea behind pistols with BF Mode for a Complex Action when this is identical to a SA Burst? Ok, makes some sense when used with an Aimed Burst action (Pg. 119). But, the Double-Tap action (Pg. 120) for SA Mode has the same benefit of DV +1 while consuming one round less.

« Last Edit: <05-09-14/2029:37> by mjack »

BaronAtomy

• Newb
« Reply #48 on: <04-16-14/1825:19> »
The stats for underbarrel weapon modifications (Accuracy, DV, AP, RC, reload type/size, and any potential slots that they might also possess.  The chainsaw/flamethrower's stats can be extrapolated from their availability/cost on the table. 

Additionally, the flashlight entry reads "Unless you’re directly in its path, in which case you see it to well.", 'to' should be 'too' for grammatical pedantry. 

Is it just me, or could we have significantly reduced/simplified the martial arts techniques that simply add a bonus die to common moves?  Similar with the 'Ammo Whammy'; why not just have one 'knucklebreaker' entry with different DV ratings for the different ammo types that can be used?

The shadowtalk on the Forearm Guards mentions what sounds like cyberweapon installations (specifically 'pop-out blades', 'hold-out guns', and 'commlinks'), but there doesn't seem to be any other indication of being able to install other weaponry into armor in 5E that I'm aware of.

BaronAtomy

• Newb
« Reply #49 on: <04-16-14/1859:05> »
Additionally, we are lacking gyrojet ammo prices and variants (including the lauded 'jelly rockets').  Also, as a bit of a real-life gyrojet nerd, why do we never get a rifle variant?  And 6mm rockets? Vintage rockets were 12-13mm.  Additionally, why special rules underwater but not for space/low-grav/null-grav environments?  Sorry, that's less errata than random ponderings, but the ammo mechanics one I stand by. :)

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #50 on: <04-16-14/1908:32> »
Similarly lacking flamethrower ammo prices.  And size/description so you can know how much is actually possible to bring with you.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

BaronAtomy

• Newb
« Reply #51 on: <04-16-14/1927:50> »
Lassos, chakrams, and some other martial arts weaponry mentioned in relevant Styles and elsewhere in the book don't seem to exist.

Carnage

• Newb
« Reply #52 on: <04-17-14/0827:30> »
Pg. 122: Any mention of (p. 170 SR5) should be (p. 168 SR5)

Seriously, this is basic editor stuff, though boring and grueling to do.

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #53 on: <04-18-14/1833:16> »
On page 34, the PPSK-4 Collapsible Machine Pistol has no rules for the benefit gained by it's unique folding capabilities.  Without this, you're just left with a mediocre MP that can't take any accessories and has an exceedingly high availability rating.  That accessories thing really hurts since it means it can't take a gas vent "accessory".

Related, the book doesn't reference any of the accessories in the core book either, does it?  Stating which ones are officially "modifications".  The mods/accessories in the book also often don't say what spot they take up...  Does a weapon commlink take up a spot?  Does weapon personality take up a slot?  How?
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

SlowDeck

• Ace Runner
  • How do people add personal text under their name?
« Reply #54 on: <04-18-14/1909:18> »
Can I note that, as humorous as the part about quick-draw holsters not firing the gun for you is, the critical glitch rules in the main book actually make that text wrong?
"Speech" Spirit/"Astral" Thought/"Subvocal" Matrix/"Commlink" "Totem" [Time/Date] <<Text&email>>

BigNeonWolf

• Newb
« Reply #55 on: <04-19-14/1644:09> »
Noticed a discrepancy between the main entry and the summary table regarding the ARES THUNDERSTRUCK GAUSS RIFLE. In the main entry it has an availability of 12F, while in the summary states 24F. I'm assuming it's 24F.

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #56 on: <04-20-14/1026:21> »
On page 34, the PPSK-4 Collapsible Machine Pistol has no rules for the benefit gained by it's unique folding capabilities.  Without this, you're just left with a mediocre MP that can't take any accessories and has an exceedingly high availability rating.  That accessories thing really hurts since it means it can't take a gas vent "accessory".

Related, the book doesn't reference any of the accessories in the core book either, does it?  Stating which ones are officially "modifications".  The mods/accessories in the book also often don't say what spot they take up...  Does a weapon commlink take up a spot?  Does weapon personality take up a slot?  How?

In terms of accessories and such, they need to be more specific in /what/ accessories that means. Because by RAW, things like holdout pistols cannot take spare clips, holsters or anything of that sort.
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #57 on: <04-24-14/1807:34> »
The Static Shaft option for Stick n Shock arrows on page 24 has a cost of Ratingx25¥ on the chart, but no mention of any rating is mentioned anywhere else.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #58 on: <04-24-14/1815:46> »
(It's indeed extremely strange the other arrows don't have a Rating in the cost, where the SR5 core arrows do. I can understand for the Incendiary and the SnS, but not the others.)
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #59 on: <04-24-14/1934:56> »
The reason none of the others do is because they are arrowheads not arrows.  The arrows themselves in the core rulebook use Ratings, and then you apply the arrowhead to the arrow.  The static shaft is also an arrow, essentially.

Core book arrow: arrow shaft with no special head
R&G static shaft: arrow shaft with no special head
R&G arrowheads: applicable to all arrow shafts
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.