NEWS

Need Info on Yamaha Corporation

• 2 Replies

Lewis Greywolf

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« on: <07-18-18/0725:37> »
I thought this would be a simple research item but it's kicking my hoop. Does anyone know where information on Yamaha would be?

I can't find a single thing. I'm looking for info on the Corporation itself as background for a run I'm writing up. Info from any edition would work for me. Mainly wanting to find out if it's an independent AA or a subsidiary of another Japanacorp?
Louis "Graywolf" Ray
Freelancer
SRM Missions Writer
Catalyst Demo Team

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <07-18-18/1001:58> »
Since its a real-life company, it's probably been in the interest of the various regimes of Powers-That-Be running Shadowrun to not make a big deal about their fictional version.

At any rate I don't recall anything ever giving a definitive answer to your question.  You're probably quite in the clear of any dangers of crimping established canon by making up your own answer for your game's purposes.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #2 on: <07-18-18/1828:40> »
As it is a real word Corporation, The Devs have probably limited all info on it to limited at best to avoid legal action.

for all of the 4e Corp Guild, Yamaha is mentioned once and only once in a bit of fluff about a collaborative between Yamaha and Fuchi....
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.