NEWS

DriveThruRPG issue with No Future 5e/6e versions

• 13 Replies

penllawen

• Omae
  • Let's go. In and out. Twenty minute milk run.
« on: <08-16-19/0452:42> »
Heads up if someone can get the word to Catalyst:

When the 6e version of No Future dropped at DriveThruRPG, it replaced the 5e PDF, rather that appeared as an extra option. But the 6e PDF is just for 6e, it's not dual-statted, so people who bought the book for 5e can't now get the thing they paid for.

I asked DriveThruRPG for help and they spent a month waiting on Catalyst to upload the old PDF alongside the new one so purchasers can have both. But they've heard nothing, and (to my delight, and totally unasked for) have given me $10 store credit for my troubles.

I'm not affected, as I have the 5e PDF saved elsewhere. But others might not be so lucky. It seems like a straightforward error to me, hopefully easy resolved.

KatoHearts

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <08-16-19/1752:22> »
Have they updated the description for it?

penllawen

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <08-17-19/0411:50> »
The description doesn't mention a game version:
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/m/product/264740

The downloadable sample is the 5e version of the book.

The only thing wrong here is that someone (presumably someone at Catalyst) uploaded the 6e PDF as a replacement for the 5e one, rather than a supplement. I have other SR books that have more than one version available. Compare No Future here to Run Faster, where my single DTRPG purchase allows me to download either version of the book.

If I hadn't had the 5e version of No Future saved on my computer -- if I relied on the DTRPG library -- I'd be boned now.

I imagine it's a simple fix, and the fact it's still broken many weeks after I raised it is confusing.

penllawen

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <09-12-19/1212:31> »
Update a month later --

This is still broken. Purchasers of the 5e PDF of No Future on DTRPG still have no way to download it, but can only download the 6e one. Very disappointing this hasn't been resolved.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <09-12-19/1339:30> »
I pinged Jason and he is looking into.

penllawen

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <09-12-19/1341:47> »
Thanks.

I know DTRPG tried several times to contact Catalyst about this, without success. That is worth investigation also, if it isn't part of the discussion already.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <09-12-19/1406:17> »
I agree, but have no visibility to that. I will let you know any updates I get.

penllawen

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <09-12-19/1606:59> »
I agree, but have no visibility to that. I will let you know any updates I get.
Thanks, but no need. I was lucky enough to have the 5e book archived so I haven't been inconvenienced. Only wanted to flag it in case others weren't so lucky.

penllawen

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <10-14-19/1332:39> »
This issue is still ongoing. Purchasers of No Future who bought it before 6e shipped still cannot download the 5e version from DriveThruRPG. Only the 6e version is available.

0B

« Reply #9 on: <10-14-19/1936:46> »
BTW, what's your opinion of No Future? I've heard mixed opinions about it, but am interested in anything about the latest metaplots

penllawen

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <11-17-19/0815:23> »
This issue is still ongoing. Purchasers of No Future who bought it before 6e shipped still cannot download the 5e version from DriveThruRPG. Only the 6e version is available.
Just checking in, a little over a month later (and over three months since I started the thread). The issue is unchanged.

BTW, what's your opinion of No Future? I've heard mixed opinions about it, but am interested in anything about the latest metaplots
It's OK, perhaps not great. I like this sort of book -- fluff that covers the everyday life of the Sixth World -- but No Future is not quite as compelling as the best of them. I've kinda forgotten most of the contents now, rather than coming away from it with my head spinning with ideas.
« Last Edit: <11-17-19/0946:17> by penllawen »

DrBurst

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <11-17-19/0950:42> »
I've emailed DTRPG, I don't want to take a refund for the book. This seems like an easy issue to fix, but it has been a little while.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <11-26-19/1616:47> »
Looks like these have been updated to include both 5e and 6e versions.

penllawen

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <11-27-19/0743:55> »
Looks like these have been updated to include both 5e and 6e versions.
Yup - I can see two PDFs on DTRPG now.

I'm not particularly happy about how long it took, but at least the issue is fixed now.