NEWS

Green Hornet OMG! WTF?

• 41 Replies

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #15 on: <01-11-11/1628:00> »
I grew up with the TMNT cartoon and loved it.  When I was 8.  Now I can't help but laugh at how crappy and cheesy it is.

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <01-11-11/1721:20> »
Oh, yeah.  In the comics, when Raphael was involved in the story, someone was gonna die.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #17 on: <01-11-11/1734:13> »
I have never read a TMNT comic.  Probably because I just can't get the shitty cartoon from my youth out of my brain.  Every time I see one of them I think pizza and cowabunga.  Ugh.  And Krang.  God I hate Krang.  I hated him when I was a kid too.

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <01-11-11/2153:22> »
Krang was there in the comic, but he wasn't a bad guy.  He was the leader of a race of beings that the turtles helped.

And April O'Neil wasn't a reporter or whatever, she was Dr. Stockman's lab assistant.

Casey Jones was certifiably insane, though.
There is no overkill.

jayhawk1106

« Reply #19 on: <01-12-11/0905:48> »
Actually, there was no Krang.  They just created him for the cartoon.  He was inspired by that same race though.  The Utroms.  And Casey Jones was nuts, but after they fleshed him out and had him marry April, he just had a bad childhood.   :)

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #20 on: <01-12-11/0941:20> »
Nuts is nuts.  The whys of it aren't as important as crazy-hockey-mask-killing-man.
There is no overkill.

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #21 on: <01-12-11/1418:53> »
Wasn't the TMNT cartoon they made a few years ago supposed to be closer to the comics or something?  Still neutered for the snowflakes, but better?  I seem to remember a TMNT comic loving coworker bitching about it less.

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #22 on: <01-12-11/1423:35> »
It was closer to the comic in tone, but still had stuff the comic didn't (no story of Leonardo getting his ass handed to him by Shredder and about 50 foot soldiers, for one thing) and was still kiddied down a bit.  It was better than what had come previously, but still not quite there.
There is no overkill.

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #23 on: <01-12-11/1426:45> »
At least they tried.  I guess?

jayhawk1106

« Reply #24 on: <01-12-11/1530:22> »
It was closer to the comic in tone, but still had stuff the comic didn't (no story of Leonardo getting his ass handed to him by Shredder and about 50 foot soldiers, for one thing) and was still kiddied down a bit.  It was better than what had come previously, but still not quite there.

Actually they did do that storyline.  Although, yes it was kiddied up.  Instead of suffering from blood loss, they just gave him lots of bruises.  lol

It was close in tone, but no actual blood could be shown.  They ramped up the fight scenes a bit by season 3.  Not bad.

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #25 on: <01-13-11/0823:52> »
Yeah but back in the original graphic novel the Turtles... actually killed their enemies! :o

Sure it was a pannel with a blood splatter and "SLASH" but they still killed! ;D :-*
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

Acme

« Reply #26 on: <01-13-11/1512:29> »
I dunno, I kinda prefer both.  I mean, the cartoon was obviously for kids, and to be honest, the comic book was still meant to be a PARODY of grim n' gritty indie comics, which is why its own violence was over the top.

etherial

• Newb
« Reply #27 on: <01-13-11/1620:55> »
As for GH being a sidekick to Kato... Well, let's just say that's a holdover from Bruce Lee being the original Kato on the TV series. Hard to make that man a second fiddle to anyone (remember, he kicked Chuck Norris' ass).

In Asia, they called it "The Kato Show".

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #28 on: <01-14-11/1928:38> »
Kato did do all the work.

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #29 on: <01-18-11/0935:14> »
Saw the movie. I was amused. I'd see it again. That is high praise. ;D ;)
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.