NEWS

GMC Banshee

• 8 Replies

Rhyus

• Newb
« on: <03-20-11/0156:06> »
I've looked in the books for 4th edition and I only see basic stats for the Banshee.  I'm trying to find out what there are on the Banshee other than the basic stats, like what weapon(s) it has on it, what kind of turret it has, what capacity it has for both people and cargo.  Our group just got one, and I want to know what all it has for upgrades and what it could have for upgrades.

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #1 on: <03-20-11/0542:21> »
I've looked in the books for 4th edition and I only see basic stats for the Banshee.  I'm trying to find out what there are on the Banshee other than the basic stats, like what weapon(s) it has on it, what kind of turret it has, what capacity it has for both people and cargo.  Our group just got one, and I want to know what all it has for upgrades and what it could have for upgrades.
Weapons: Whatever the hell your GM wants it to have :)
People/Cargo: This is defined somewhere in the rules as a template, but I don't recall where off hand. Should be in SR4Anniversary somewhere, and/or the Arsenal sourcebook.
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #2 on: <03-20-11/1158:32> »
Weapons: Whatever the hell your GM wants it to have :)
People/Cargo: This is defined somewhere in the rules as a template, but I don't recall where off hand. Should be in SR4Anniversary somewhere, and/or the Arsenal sourcebook.
People are listed on SR4A page 348, but are only suggestions.  No rules on cargo have been forthcoming and has a lot of people gnashing their teeth.  Especially with some of the drones designed to carry cargo.

As for weapons:  Frickin' LASERS!   :P  OK, in all honesty, probably an Assault Cannon of some type is in the turret.  They're designed for Recon and Light Tank Duties after all.  All weapons for military vehicles are usually ordered by the military in question.

The world appears to have gone back to "Every Military Has It's Own Caliber" problems of the Pre-Cold War Era (At least for heavy weapons.  They may or may not have standardized small arms ammo.).  One bit of old Shadowtalk spoke about a light tank unit that had none of it's tanks share the same ammo, making supplying them a royal pain.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Rhyus

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <03-20-11/1304:08> »
Ok, that answers those two questions.  Now, what about standard equipment, like Life Support or whatever else it might have?

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #4 on: <03-20-11/1305:30> »
Arsenal:  Page 106.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Rhyus

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <03-20-11/1446:00> »
Odd that it doesn't have Life Support as a standard upgrade.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #6 on: <03-20-11/1455:17> »
Well, guess LAVs aren't NBC protected.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Rhyus

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <03-20-11/1638:16> »
Well, according to the Rigger 3 book, it has the following:

ECM 5, ECCM 5, Ram 2 (factored in), Thermal Baffles 1 (factored in), External Fixed Hardpoint, Small Turret (1 CF Ammo Bin), and Gas EnviroSeal.

The website http://www.gods-inc.de/macavity/IsleOfShadows/vehicles/vectored.html says, from the text, that it has this:

Medium Turret (with main gun and enclosed missile launcher), Mini-Turret (Ares Vindicator mini-gun), Advanced Sensor Control (for the mini-turrent), and 2 Drone Racks in the back.

Now, with something that can travel upto 1,000 meters per Combat Turn (3 seconds).  That would then make it 1,200,000 meters per hour, which would be around 746 miles an hour, which is about 16 miles an hour short of Mach 1, the sound barrier.  Now, are they saying that something that flies that fast doesn't need life suport???

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #8 on: <03-20-11/1843:11> »
Well, according to the Rigger 3 book, it has the following:

ECM 5, ECCM 5, Ram 2 (factored in), Thermal Baffles 1 (factored in), External Fixed Hardpoint, Small Turret (1 CF Ammo Bin), and Gas EnviroSeal.

The website http://www.gods-inc.de/macavity/IsleOfShadows/vehicles/vectored.html says, from the text, that it has this:

Medium Turret (with main gun and enclosed missile launcher), Mini-Turret (Ares Vindicator mini-gun), Advanced Sensor Control (for the mini-turrent), and 2 Drone Racks in the back.

Now, with something that can travel upto 1,000 meters per Combat Turn (3 seconds).  That would then make it 1,200,000 meters per hour, which would be around 746 miles an hour, which is about 16 miles an hour short of Mach 1, the sound barrier.  Now, are they saying that something that flies that fast doesn't need life suport???
The cars that broke the sound barrier didn't have life support....
And the GMC is an LAV = LOW Altitude Vehicle... so it's not going to need life support at any altitude it normally operates at.

Now as an Ugrade? Sure. Makes sense. But it's not Standard as it's not strictly necessary. Pilots and futuristic flight suits/rigging gear should be all you need.

Hell, Hercules transports don't have Environmental seals, and they go a lot higher than a Banshee :)

« Last Edit: <03-22-11/1855:20> by Charybdis »
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law