NEWS

Smartlink Fun

• 3 Replies

Morg

« on: <01-10-11/0232:00> »
The players I GM like to see what they can get away with when it comes to Tech combos and they come up with some good reasons and a lot of the time I have to tell them "No! It ruins game balance."

But I still liked how they sounded. so here are some of them

Run two different smartlink feeds to different eyes and use an attention coprocessor so you can use akimbo smartlink

Set up a Pilot inside of your smartlinked gun and give it a gunnery program to assist like a spotter in order to feed extra data to the smartlink by makeing complementary firearm skill checks

They also tried a comlink inside the gun running a decent command , edit,  Tac Net Programs(I still gave them the Tac net bonus) they then put the Team hacker in the guns node he had the Gun Trivia and Ballistics Physics skills as well as math SPU,  and they wanted the hacker to be able to enhance the processing power of the smartlink

« Last Edit: <01-10-11/1803:36> by Morg »

Mach

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <01-14-11/1359:56> »
the comlink/gun approach didn't seem to bad. fairly certain the hacker shouldn't be able to enhance the processing power of the smartlink on the fly, and if he did would he be able to do much else that round (read sitting duck). plus it sounds like there was more than a few programs installed into the gun. processing power of a single node is finite and in something like this rig probably kept small so as to streamline the design and avoid making the unit fragile.

it sounds like the hacker could easily overload the processing power of the unit to the point where data fed to the shooter is from the previous round thus making it outdated and faulty.

then there is the sneaky approach of installing viruses into such advanced fire-arms. small trojan horses designed to tell the gun to fire upon aquiring a "specific" target. Imagine the surprise on the face of the player when his whiz smartgun just assassinated the individual he was threatening/interrogating. or for the truly trigger happy gun nuts, whenever the gun sweeps one of his fellow players.

personally I like the approach of a fire-arm with a targeting unit slaved to a very large gun often being carried by another drone or is too big to move thus setting it up in another location. (I've mentioned this method before, I like it.)

LonePaladin

• Chummer
  • Creator of HeroForge
« Reply #2 on: <01-30-11/0343:34> »
Or just rig up an MMG into one of those Segway-type vehicles, in place of a person. Slave the controls to someone's smartgun so that it aims at the same point as the gun. You shoot one bullet, it follows up with an extra 10 or so.
"You can stop talking now.  Really.  Stop.  I have a Uzi."

ᴖᴥᴖ

Download my Matrix Card set:
https://sites.google.com/site/resonancerealms/

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #3 on: <01-31-11/0305:10> »
Or just rig up an MMG into one of those Segway-type vehicles, in place of a person. Slave the controls to someone's smartgun so that it aims at the same point as the gun. You shoot one bullet, it follows up with an extra 10 or so.
or forget the
Talk about the new drone army.... :P imagine, you're a small team breaking in to some secret facility, and running into a sec-team backed up by those... unless you've got some shiny wizzer gear, an emp, or a badass mage, that could be a TPWO right there...
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm