NEWS

Hi Everybody. I´m Lofwyr, a brazilian Shadowrunner

• 72 Replies

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #15 on: <09-04-10/2333:27> »
Yup, I kicked around Northern Kentucky for about the last twenty years or so!  Married myself a Texas girl -- who I met playing Shadowrun on-line, mind you -- and stole her away to the Bluegrass, but we'd been talking about moving down here for a while.  We stuck around long enough for me to wrap up my Bachelor's up there (I knew if I didn't get off my butt and finish it at the school where I started, I'd never get it done), and literally two days after graduation I was in my truck on the way to the Lone Star state.

I had some good times with Darrian and the rest of the Cincy-region Battletech group, though.  Just wish they'd all had a strange urge to move to Texas, too...haven't had much luck finding any wargaming down here, yet.  We've got my wife's old friends for steady RPGing of various types, but my closest game store that seems active on the toy soldier front is still a good hour away.  Hard to justify that kind of drive.

Caine Hazen

• Global Moderator
  • Omae
  • Dumpshocker Emeritus
« Reply #16 on: <09-04-10/2352:19> »
LOL, yeah, sorry man; if I had but known back in the day!  Hell I've almost always had a Shadowrun game of some sort going on.
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a non-working cat~DNA
SRGC 0.3: SR1 SR2 SR3 SR4++ h b+++ B--- D++ UB++ IE+ RN-- fnord DSF++++ W++++ hk+ ri++ m gm++ M--(+) P FP+

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #17 on: <09-05-10/0452:56> »
I'm waiting for someone to name themselves "Verjigorm," just to get the crossover trainwreck going.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <09-05-10/0518:26> »
Well...the Intro Thread.....cool...

Well, who I really am is unimportant, but here I am Mara, on the BT Forums, that is StCptMara. Battletech since about
95, 96, Shadowrun since 92. Handle is actually from my main Battletech character, a psychotic, increasingly mentally
unstable Protomech pilot. The name actually is used because of its connection to the hindu concept of Maya(Mara
being the Buddhist name for the same concept).

I prefer a very Pink Mohawk style of game...if something weird is not happening, then either I or my players
have done something wrong. Schlock Mercenary, actually, has become a source of inspiration....
I hate rampant house rules, and really am not fond of the belligerent culture shown on Dumpshock.

So, lets see how this place shakes out! I am glad to have a place where we know it is going to be friendly!
I can already see that by the fact we are getting Battletech Forum Cross-over!

Darrian Wolffe

• Newb
  • Protecting you from yourselves since 2016
« Reply #19 on: <09-05-10/0527:43> »
I'm waiting for someone to name themselves "Verjigorm," just to get the crossover trainwreck going.

Don't you mean to say that an Earthdawn/Shadowrun crossover thread would be a real Horror?

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #20 on: <09-05-10/0529:54> »

Don't you mean to say that an Earthdawn/Shadowrun crossover thread would be a real Horror?

BAAAAAAD pun, DW, bad pun.....

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #21 on: <09-05-10/0545:27> »

Ba DUM bum! <cymbals>
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #22 on: <09-05-10/0903:23> »
...haven't had much luck finding any wargaming down here, yet.

Where at? There seem to be a number of Texas groups over at the BattleTech forum's Challenge and Gathering board.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #23 on: <09-05-10/1445:31> »

Yet another bank account to crash...

...and done.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #24 on: <09-05-10/1513:56> »
...haven't had much luck finding any wargaming down here, yet.

Where at? There seem to be a number of Texas groups over at the BattleTech forum's Challenge and Gathering board.
There are, and I actually contacted one of 'em -- friendly guys! -- but the problem is that I'm a little over an hour south of the D/FW sprawl, and they're up on the other side of it.  I've already got a pretty hefty drive to make to school, it's hard to take the time (and gas!) to drive a couple hours each way to get in a game, y'know? 

Caine Hazen

• Global Moderator
  • Omae
  • Dumpshocker Emeritus
« Reply #25 on: <09-05-10/1919:26> »

What have we told you punsters about this stuff!! :D
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a non-working cat~DNA
SRGC 0.3: SR1 SR2 SR3 SR4++ h b+++ B--- D++ UB++ IE+ RN-- fnord DSF++++ W++++ hk+ ri++ m gm++ M--(+) P FP+

Bisharian

• Newb
« Reply #26 on: <09-06-10/0100:09> »
Well, hello there. My handle is Bisharian ( maybe it should be, Capt'n Obvious <lol> ) I am new to the SR rpg, but have played the Genesis and SNES games until they combusted in protest to my addiction. So I finally decided to try out the real deal, and ordered my SR4 core book.
I live in a reletively small town in KS and plan on venturing to my local bookstore/cafe to find some people interested in playing SR. I have always wanted to play this type of game, but haven't found a lot of people to play with.

So my hope is to befriend some knowledgable people here on the forums to help straighten a noob out.

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #27 on: <09-06-10/0106:52> »
Hi Lofwyr and welcome.

@Critias & @Bull Texas huh I have a friend who lives out there now I can tell her I know there are Shadowrun people in Texas she just needs to get with them so she can play lol.
"If at first you don't succeed blame someone else"
Joel "Casazil" Rogers
Catalyst Demo Team Shadowrun Special Agent #251
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/CasazilsShadowrun/

John Schmidt

• Omae
« Reply #28 on: <09-06-10/0345:46> »
Where to start...

"The details of my life are quite inconsequential... very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade..."

Wait, that isn't my life.

Freelance writer/artist with the "sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament."

Did I type that out loud? OMG...I am sooo embarassed.

*walks off muttering to himself*
It's not the one with your name on it; it's the one addressed "to whom it may concern" you've got to think about.

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #29 on: <09-06-10/1659:20> »
Where to start...

"The details of my life are quite inconsequential... very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade..."

Wait, that isn't my life.

Freelance writer/artist with the "sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament."

Did I type that out loud? OMG...I am sooo embarassed.

*walks off muttering to himself*

Heh that's good stuff there and I like your sig.
"If at first you don't succeed blame someone else"
Joel "Casazil" Rogers
Catalyst Demo Team Shadowrun Special Agent #251
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/CasazilsShadowrun/